What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Very very nice Stef and dare I say very tempting...mind you most kits are tempting to me 😁👍

Your threshold really is kind of low isn't it

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Your threshold really is kind of low isn't it

Lower than a snakes belly Jeroen 😆. I'm off on holiday tomorrow mate so plenty of stash building coming up 🙂. We are taking the 2 dog's with us and plan to do plenty of walking however I feel a stiff hamstring coming on so whilst Mr's J is off trekking I'll be scouring the Internet for a few bargains 😉👍

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Lower than a snakes belly Jeroen 😆. I'm off on holiday tomorrow mate so plenty of stash building coming up 🙂. We are taking the 2 dog's with us and plan to do plenty of walking however I feel a stiff hamstring coming on so whilst Mr's J is off trekking I'll be scouring the Internet for a few bargains 😉👍

My holidays seem to consist of me finding a town/city, checking it has a good selection of model shops in the vicinity and then finding decent hotels next. A good way of doing it and hasn't let me down yet.😀

Enjoy your holiday, btw.👍

• Haha 2

Just now, Stef N. said:

My holidays seem to consist of me finding a town/city, checking it has a good selection of model shops in the vicinity and then finding decent hotels next. A good way of doing it and hasn't let me down yet.😀

I did that on holiday in Wales a few years ago but I went a little to far and filled the kitchen in the caravan with modelling goodies from the local hobby shop 😆. Needless to say I'm unable to pull the same stunt again 🙄. This holiday is pretty much out in the sticks mate somewhere between Scarborough and Whitby a small village along the coast but the cottage has WiFi and that's all I need to expand my empire 😆👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Wow I didn't think I would build another Panigale. It must be at least 80% new parts. They're completely different bikes.

Also really looking forward to the Lucky Strike RGV. No more looking for the S27 transkit.

52069453278_84aba2dcb8_o.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andy J said:

That's near Robin Hood's bay, says Google Maps... Be careful and stash your goodies safely!

Enjoy your time there!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, gamblor916 said:

Wow I didn't think I would build another Panigale. It must be at least 80% new parts. They're completely different bikes.

Also really looking forward to the Lucky Strike RGV. No more looking for the S27 transkit.

52069453278_84aba2dcb8_o.jpg

Very nice. Looks like there's a new maker on the scene.👍

51 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

That's near Robin Hood's bay, says Google Maps... Be careful and stash your goodies safely!

Enjoy your time there!

Don't tell him about the great shops in Scarborough and York. 😉

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, desert falcon said:

Going on a business trip to Munich yesterday, I had the insane luck of „coincidentally“ passing by a model shop :)  Very nice little shop with friendly staff and a great selection of kits and not least paints and the like.

Can you post details of the shop? Pre-pandemic I had to visit Munich almost monthly. I expect that schedule to restart again soon.

1 hour ago, Chimpion said:

Can you post details of the shop? Pre-pandemic I had to visit Munich almost monthly. I expect that schedule to restart again soon.

Of course, here you go:

Traudls Modellbauladen

Mannerstraße 22

80997 München

https://www.traudlsmodellbau.com

They are located NW of Munich centre, right next to Autobahn 99. I think that what you find available in the webshop is also available in the store, as he was scanning the stuff I had bought on check out and told me that it was for the webshop. My first time there but I will definitely come back in the future. Appears as if you can even order online and select „Abholung im Ladengeschäft“. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Enjoy your time there!

Hmm so I'm Robin Hood which logically means that Mrs J is the Sheriff of Nottingham......sounds about right 😆😆👍

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Andy J said:

I did that on holiday in Wales a few years ago but I went a little to far and filled the kitchen in the caravan with modelling goodies from the local hobby shop 😆. Needless to say I'm unable to pull the same stunt again 🙄. This holiday is pretty much out in the sticks mate somewhere between Scarborough and Whitby a small village along the coast but the cottage has WiFi and that's all I need to expand my empire 😆👍

There's model shops at Thirsk and York , both tourist places so a good excuse for days out !!!

Gary

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

There's model shops at Thirsk and York , both tourist places so a good excuse for days out !!!

Gary

There's also a half-decent model shop in Bridlington. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Gary

Duly noted 😉👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rs2man said:

Thanks i now have a few targets in mind 🙂👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Gary

6 hours ago, rs2man said:

There's a good model shop in Scarborough too, it carries a good selection of plastic kits of all genres and usually seems to have a good range of paint, tools and other supplies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

There's a good model shop in Scarborough too, it carries a good selection of plastic kits of all genres and usually seems to have a good range of paint, tools and other supplies.

Thanks John or should that be little John 😆. So with all this information supplied by my band of merry men I shall go forth via Scarborough Forest and raid said model shop. I shall have to setup a diversion first for Mrs J aka the sherif of Nottingham but if at the end of the day I get rumbled I honestly couldn't give a friar tuck 😉👍

• Haha 6

On 5/9/2022 at 9:52 PM, Andy J said:

Another addition to see me through those cold winter nights 😉👍

spacer.png

That Porsche kit is an absolute stunner. I have built one and have another in my "stash" Its a really enjoyable build.

I'll look forward to see what you can do with this Andy.

Keith.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mpfiend said:

That Porsche kit is an absolute stunner. I have built one and have another in my "stash" Its a really enjoyable build.

I'll look forward to see what you can do with this Andy.

Keith.

Cheers Keith, it's a kit I've been considering tackling for a while having thourghly enjoyed Tamiya's smaller version a kit I built a couple of years ago 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think that this is probably my best car build to date, I was really happy with the end result 🙂👍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

Cheers Keith, it's a kit I've been considering tackling for a while having thourghly enjoyed Tamiya's smaller version a kit I built a couple of years ago 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually think that this is probably my best car build to date, I was really happy with the end result 🙂👍

That‘s a fantastic looking model of an awesome car !! Looking forward to your build thread (assuming I‘m still around on these pages in 2034 or whenever lit was you were going to build it :)).

I have recently posted a couple of photos of the real thing here:

Cheers,

Johnny b 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

That‘s a fantastic looking model of an awesome car !! Looking forward to your build thread (assuming I‘m still around on these pages in 2034 or whenever lit was you were going to build it :)).

I have recently posted a couple of photos of the real thing here:

Cheers,

Johnny b 

Thanks Johnny b and don't worry the big Porsche build is first on the bench later on this year. The reference pic's you have provided are priceless mate thank you very much for supplying them. You are obviously a big fan of all things Porsche so here's a few more from my collection 😉 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andy J said:

You are obviously a big fan of all things Porsche so here's a few more from my collection 😉

My heart is melting, they are all :wub:  
Thanks for sharing!

10 minutes ago, Andy J said:

The reference pic's you have provided are priceless mate thank you very much for supplying them.

Pleasure Andy, I‘m almost sure I have an interior picture somewhere to. Shall look for it during the weekend … 

• Like 1