What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

13 hours ago, Andy J said:

I've also added the kit below another one off the bucket list

I'd love to see a pic of said bucket. That must be one very large bucket! 😋

Nick

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fnick said:

I'd love to see a pic of said bucket. That must be one very large bucket! 😋

Nick

More like a builders skip than a bucket tbh 😆😆👍

• Haha 4

On 5/6/2022 at 12:17 AM, Six97s said:

An original would say something like Revell Inc. Venice, California on the box.   Reissue would say Revell-Monogram Morton Grove, IL with a 1993 copyright date.

Right, I cut open the plastic bag today and checked all of the parts. Firstly the damaged box is printed 'Revell Inc Venice California. Copyright 1962-1965. Imprinted on the underneath of a part 'Ed Roth 1965'. 

I haven't built anything since last November and don't keep much of a stash, but I've just splurged on this lot. I'll probably tackle the Eunos first as it's a cheap kit to try a Tamiya metallic on, perhaps replicating the 1:1 Eunos G-Limited we used to have. I first built one of those in about 1990!

Enough to keep me going here for 18 months. 

spacer.png

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Andy J said:

Another addition to see me through those cold winter nights 😉👍

We haven't even had summer yet - nothing like forward planning mate....!! 🤣

Hope you haven't forgotten that Whirlwind....!! :wicked:

Keith

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

We haven't even had summer yet - nothing like forward planning mate....!! 🤣

Hope you haven't forgotten that Whirlwind....!! :wicked:

Keith

Forward planning is a great excuse to purchase a few kits 😉....though I won't be buying anymore this year that's me done spending......🙃

The Whirlwind has not been forgotten Keith but I may complete a couple of car kits first just to get me back in the swing of things 🙂👍

Another one of my favourite Benz kits. It was cheap, box a little damaged but otherwise in good nick. I just can't seem to take a pass whenever one shows up on the second hand site. 

20220510153343-8b1e24fd-me.jpg

I now have 3 unbuilt versions. 

20220510153342-c245b2e7-me.jpg

I plan on taking these to the Revell Classic GB later this year so I can seriously add to the Van Dordt fleet 🙂 

• Like 5

From the bay, An Airfix 'Dust Devil' (07410) in 1/25th from 1982. A late '70's Ford Bronco.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/5/9/2/183592-12155-pristine.jpg

Originally an MPC kit from 1979 according to Scalemates. 

The box is in decent but worn condition. The kit was sold as parts missing, but I can't figure which bits. The engine has been built. Oh, & no decals.

So it'll make a good nostalgia build, someday, when I get the time. I'm a bit busy building machines from alternate universes!

I imagine it's a bit rare now though, so I'm open to offers if your collection 'needs' it.

• Like 2

Monogram Packard Boat Tail Speedster, MPC Stutz Bearcat, and one I’ve been looking for for a while, an AMT “Prestige” Chevy Corvair. The latter has all or many of the option version pieces the kit was issued with over the years, and will be built as a Yenko Stinger, as showcased by Jay Leno:

{EDIT: the video above wasn't made "recently", but he talked about the car in a recent Octane). Just listen to it...

best,

M.

• Like 8

After seeing what can be done with these old kits on another forum I thought I'd give it a bash. Especially for under £25 for the pair with delivery from Poland :) 

20220510_182337

• Like 7

Going on a business trip to Munich yesterday, I had the insane luck of „coincidentally“ passing by a model shop :)  Very nice little shop with friendly staff and a great selection of kits and not least paints and the like.

This is what slipped into the shopping basket when I was looking away:

C8EM1DO.jpg

Looking forward to building it at some point, as I read a lot good stuff about Nunu kits here on BM. 

Cheers Johnny b 

• Like 9

Well, these things happen - it's good that your basket was there when it slipped to save it from hitting the floor and damaging itself...  😏

• Haha 7

First purchase of 2023 ......well I couldn't just walk away from this beauty...it just wouldn't be right and proper would it 🤔

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I bought one of these through ebay last night. A seller called 'hobby-lines' has it at £19.99, £10 off the regular price.

I had one of these, but mine was red and it wasn't called a 'Hawk', that's the foreign name for it. Mine was called 'Dream' [ The 'Super Dream' was the one with the angular tank. I had some of those as well ]

AOSHIMA HONDA CB400T HAWK-II 1977 motorcycle

s-l1600.jpg

I'll have to scratch build the fibre-glass panniers and head-lamp fairing though

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Andy J said:

First purchase of 2023 ......well I couldn't just walk away from this beauty...it just wouldn't be right and proper would it 🤔

Good luck with that - I'm just finishing a 911S build to use the steel wheels @Marco F. so kindly sent me and it's been an absolute nightmare - have had to use two kits just to finish the thing!! 

Not that I want to put you off of course....!! 🤣

(tbf, this is a different kit from the S and I've built one in the past with no problems at all...!! :) )

Keith

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Good luck with that - I'm just finishing a 911S build to use the steel wheels @Marco F. so kindly sent me and it's been an absolute nightmare - have had to use two kits just to finish the thing!! 

Not that I want to put you off of course....!! 🤣

(tbf, this is a different kit from the S and I've built one in the past with no problems at all...!! :) )

Keith

Meh...no problem Keith bit of glue here and a splash of paint there and job's a good un 🙃👍

• Haha 2

I've been raiding the piggybank to top up my stash.

y4mdVMDrekFyxaqUniK3TqdhiBG2fh-Q0DurvgBs

The Skyline is a kit I've wanted to build for a while, although I'm tempted to steal it's alloys for my Tamiya 240ZG.  The Honda NSX replaces one I was building where I somehow messed up the clear coat and crazed the plastic of the body.  The Honda S2000 is one of my favourite cars, so it was inevitable that I'd get one sooner or later; it's a pity this kit doesn't have engine detail, but I guess you can't have everything?

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I've been raiding the piggybank to top up my stash.

y4mdVMDrekFyxaqUniK3TqdhiBG2fh-Q0DurvgBs

The Skyline is a kit I've wanted to build for a while, although I'm tempted to steal it's alloys for my Tamiya 240ZG.  The Honda NSX replaces one I was building where I somehow messed up the clear coat and crazed the plastic of the body.  The Honda S2000 is one of my favourite cars, so it was inevitable that I'd get one sooner or later; it's a pity this kit doesn't have engine detail, but I guess you can't have everything?

Hiya John it's nice to see someone else adding sensibly and wisely to their stash other than myself. There's a few spendthrifts on here John who buy kits willy nilly....a rather bad sort methinks 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Hiya John it's nice to see someone else adding sensibly and wisely to their stash other than myself. There's a few spendthrifts on here John who buy kits willy nilly....a rather bad sort methinks 😉👍

It's very nice to have you back in this section of the forum. 🤗

Looking forward to be highly amused by your comments and especially your purchases 🙈... I'll guess in about a couple of months (weeks 🤫) you will show us your first deals for 2025 🤫:penguin:😇

Sorry I'm just joking just because you're back....

Marco F 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

It's very nice to have you back in this section of the forum. 🤗

Looking forward to be highly amused by your comments and especially your purchases 🙈... I'll guess in about a couple of months (weeks 🤫) you will show us your first deals for 2025 🤫:penguin:😇

Sorry I'm just joking just because you're back....

Marco F 

Hiya Marco, although I don't have the time to build kits atm it does give me the opportunity for stash expansion 🙂. I should be well into 2032 by the autumn and then the real fun can begin again 😀 😉 👍

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

It is a very good kit, the only issue I had with mine was that it had a small amount of tripodding, but strangely since I built it that has sorted itself out and the whole thing has straightened out while sitting in the cabinet. Quite a bit in the way of photetch goodies too.

As for the wheels, the kit also comes with the standard steel wheels so if you can live with having those on the Skyline there's no reason why you couldn't nab the Watanabes for the 240Z.

• Thanks 1