What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

5 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Had to go to on a course in Kassel (~middle of Germany) last week and to my great pleasure I discovered that this city have a very nice hobby shop! One of the old fashioned ones, with something for everyone you know (trains, planes & automobiles). And as we all know, we should really support the local traders so I bought this :) 

jco2fSp.jpg

I have no experience with car kits yet but at a first glance it looks like a good kit. 

FKJN8sR.jpg

Hoping it will snap together without issues ones I get started!

Cheers

Johnny b 

And may I add this link, to a rather spectacular collection … https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/scene-passion/porsche-klassik-magazine-eckhard-schimpf-jaegermeister-paintwork-22465.html

If it's anything like the Tamiya Porsche 911 Turbo kit (and it looks very similar) then it should go together very easily.  Just look out for mould seam lines on the body as my 911 has some prominent ones by the engine cover.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, johnlambert said:

If it's anything like the Tamiya Porsche 911 Turbo kit (and it looks very similar) then it should go together very easily.  Just look out for mould seam lines on the body as my 911 has some prominent ones by the engine cover.

Thanks a lot for the for the heads up, I’ll keep an eye on mould seams! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived yesterday .  Retails at £140,but I got it from Wheelspin Models in Cannock for £122 including next day delivery by DPD , which I thought was a pretty decent price .

TAM12051.jpg

• Like 12

@desert falcon, I just finished that kit last week! It was a fun, simple build with no "gotchas." The only problems I had were all self-induced. The most difficult part of the build was painting the black trim, which was mostly just tedious.

Yesterday, I got a great deal on a Tamiya BMW 635CSI race car kit and a set of rare Studio 27 Jägermeister decals for it. Should be here Monday. What's funny is I bought the Porsche so I could add a Jägermeister car to my collection and had figured I'd never find the BMW at anything less than the astronomical prices they're going for these days. The decals are practically unobtanium.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, Ben Brown said:

@desert falcon, I just finished that kit last week! It was a fun, simple build with no "gotchas." The only problems I had were all self-induced. The most difficult part of the build was painting the black trim, which was mostly just tedious.

Yesterday, I got a great deal on a Tamiya BMW 635CSI race car kit and a set of rare Studio 27 Jägermeister decals for it. Should be here Monday. What's funny is I bought the Porsche so I could add a Jägermeister car to my collection and had figured I'd never find the BMW at anything less than the astronomical prices they're going for these days. The decals are practically unobtanium.

Ben

Thanks a lot Ben for your feedback on the kit! Will we see your build in the gallery 😉 

For me the interesting thing about the Jägermeister racing story is that it all started at the Max Moritz Porsche dealership  in Reutlingen in 1972. Reutlingen is the neighboring town to the town where I live myself. There is still a Porsche dealer in Reutlingen but it is now a modern Porsche Zentrum looking like they all do nowadays 

• Like 2

Having just sold off a lot of cars that I built years ago to @TonyW I've just bought another one from the bay!

A 'Cruisin USA' '65 Prix Low rider. The box is tatty, the plastic is brown?? and some chrome bits are missing.

BUT, the price was okay, there was a bag of extra engines included, & I have a box or two of spare parts.

So I will probably build it. Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse!

• Like 2

Further to my '65 Grand Prix buy of the other day, I had a search through a car spares box yesterday.

I found two custom headlight buckets from when I built the kit over twenty years ago!

Also, With AMT etc car kits going for over twenty quid here in the UK, I wondered what they cost in the land of the cheap kit, over the pond.

What an eye opener. Yes, it's a trader with rare stuff, but...! Have a look. Select Civil Vehicles and AMT, then search. 

Oldmodelkits.com is the address, but I can't get the link to work

OK I've bought another one. That's about number 7 or 8 painted different colours and added different decals. All because they were built by Prodrive about 20 miles away!

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 6

On 25/04/2022 at 18:15, Pete in Lincs said:

Having just sold off a lot of cars that I built years ago to @TonyW I've just bought another one from the bay!

A 'Cruisin USA' '65 Prix Low rider. The box is tatty, the plastic is brown?? and some chrome bits are missing.

BUT, the price was okay, there was a bag of extra engines included, & I have a box or two of spare parts.

So I will probably build it. Unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse!

That series had some of the sprue gates blocked off, so they can only be built as the custom version on the box.  I think it might have been a cost cutting measure when AMT was on its last legs, prior to Lesney taking over.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Won these two on E bay recently . The Citroen is currently retailing at £60 - £80 . I got it for £40 .  
52032542762_3b654fc055_c_d.jpg

52033592411_2e254aa8b5_c_d.jpg

Gary .

Yes I've been after the Citroen but at it's shop price it's too much for me as a pensioner! Super kit though I hear, good luck with it!

1 hour ago, PatW said:

Yes I've been after the Citroen but at it's shop price it's too much for me as a pensioner! Super kit though I hear, good luck with it!

As expected Pat , from Belkits everything is included,  even an easy to follow instruction manual for once !   But it's too expensive at shop price I agree . 

Gary 

Not recently (Around Christmas), I got these:

y4mQO2CxchkkHInUQtOyoWZrexxtfadmJWlKylHQ

A Christmas present from my daughter.

y4mYewAyH25ge_vQRQvSJrLAqNwP2PgL-5y1LrJA

Here being used.

And finally:

y4mSeakJz6s5SnLKKijveCMeSsV_6RX4b2OqeSnH

This looks like a nice kit. However, it does look as if it may ride a bit high. I'll see if I can address that when I come to build it.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Alan R said:

Not recently (Around Christmas), I got these:

y4mQO2CxchkkHInUQtOyoWZrexxtfadmJWlKylHQ

A Christmas present from my daughter.

y4mYewAyH25ge_vQRQvSJrLAqNwP2PgL-5y1LrJA

Here being used.

And finally:

y4mSeakJz6s5SnLKKijveCMeSsV_6RX4b2OqeSnH

This looks like a nice kit. However, it does look as if it may ride a bit high. I'll see if I can address that when I come to build it.

Cheers,

Alan.

I treated myself to one of those Tamiya spray stand too. A very handy bit of kit and just what I needed for my last car build.👍

• Like 1

Yes I bought another one of these too! I bought and built the first one in 2016, how time flies!

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PatW said:

Yes I bought another one of these too! I bought and built the first one in 2016, how time flies!

photo-vi.jpg

You've definitely got a knack for hunting down the unusual Pat :) 

Never seen that one before :) 

Ian 

10 hours ago, Redstaff said:

You've definitely got a knack for hunting down the unusual Pat :) 

Never seen that one before :) 

Ian 

This is the first one. Covered in my home printed decals, different wheels, scratchbuilt trailer and surfboards. On the beach somewhere in California! I wish!

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 3

Just picked this one up from a well known auction site at a very reasonably price when I look at what they retail for currently.

I've recently developed an interest in auto modelling whilst building a 1/32 Chevrolet Impala for a Grandchild. This has caused me to dust off a half built Revell 1/24 Cobra and start to take a serious interest in Spot model and a few other Model Auto sites. Quite infectious it seems. I only bid on this one as it looked so incredibly cheap vs the retail price, and I was surprised to win!

IMG20220504103444

Certainly looks like a very interesting, if not a tad challenging build! Still, it will make a change from aircraft and AFV's.........🤪

When I do pluck up courage to build it, I'll start a WIP as I'll need lots of input from you Auto folk!

Terry

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

When I do pluck up courage to build it, I'll start a WIP

Looking forward to that Terry! :nodding:

I've built a Rennaissance resin Citroen Zsara 'kit car', and the only tricky bits really were the windows as they are cut from flat templated acetate sheet - I made a tracing of it before cutting them out in case it all went pear shaped, but it wasn't particularly difficult at all. And if this is the same as all the other resin car kits I've built, they actually go together quicker than injection moulded ones as they tend not to have detailed chassis and suspension etc...

Keith

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Really nice find. I always liked Bastos colours.

If it’s the same seller , he had  a Renaissance Audi Quattro that I got out bided on at the last minute, also incredibly cheap too . Still , never mind . Hope you build it one day and like you say the Bastos colours are great . 
Gary . 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, PatW said:

This is the first one. Covered in my home printed decals, different wheels, scratchbuilt trailer and surfboards. On the beach somewhere in California! I wish!

photo-vi.jpg

Latest News! The kit was delivered today 04.05.22. Although it was all intact in the factory sealed bag, the box and instruction look like they have been in a very damp place for years. I also noticed that the date on both is 1965!

• Like 1