What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

I had some 1/32 scale trucks coming in from the second hand site I sometimes buy from, but it appears I was scammed and nothing will be coming my way. Well, luckily I didn't pay top dollar, but I probably funded some a**hole's nitrous oxide addiction. May his central nervous system perish. 

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I had some 1/32 scale trucks coming in from the second hand site I sometimes buy from, but it appears I was scammed and nothing will be coming my way. Well, luckily I didn't pay top dollar, but I probably funded some a**hole's nitrous oxide addiction. May his central nervous system perish. 

So sorry to hear about this bad, not satisfying, f######g trap you stepped in 

Marco F 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 14:40, JeroenS said:

Well, unexpectedly I suddenly got a track and trace alert which indicated that something is in fact coming my way tomorrow. If those trucks are really in the box I'll be quite surprised but happy!

• Like 4

I've been buying again.

y4mlHu_yEIf5vGGb_coI7Q0FHoxf10O94Cr_LBQq

I saw a Honda S800 coupé the other day as it drove past, and that set my mind to thinking that I wanted to build one of Tamiya's Honda S cars.

The Mercedes-Benz 300SL is possibly the car that I have most models of, in various scales from 1:87 to 1:18 but I don't think I've got anything of the quality of Tamiya's kit.  Seeing @CrazyCrank build some superb models of the SL further inspired me to add this to my stash.

For colours, I'm tempted to go for the Honda as per the main box picture as I quite like white with a red interior.  The Mercedes, I'm not sure except I don't fancy silver and I do want to get some decals for the plaid-style interior upholstery as I think it is more interesting than plain leather.  I'd like to do something like Jay Leno's well-worn 300SL but I don't think I've got the talent to pull off that level of weathering.  Plus I'd quite like a fairly pristine Gullwing.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Fnick said:

if you got the alert from track and trace I'd personally keep the package in quarantine for a few days...😷

Nick

Well, I owe the seller some apologies for thinking bad things about him because the kits arrived today, and in good health too 😉 

It was a 2 kit deal, 1/32 scale Japanse trucks. I was interested in this one, it's a beauty. 

20220315135558-fd22513b-me.jpg

This one came along for the ride, it's a little crazy but I'm not building it like this. 

20220315135558-6e4171fa-me.jpg

It should make a nice little workhorse though.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I've been buying again.

[Pic of Honda S800 & Mercedes 300SL kits]

Both of those are good kits. I can say from experience that the Honda builds up very nicely, although be warned that it for such a slab-sided little (and I do mean little!) thing it takes a surprising amount of effort to get the body over the interior tub and onto the chassis. Also I seem to remember an issue getting the ARB around the engine, but that may be my memory playing tricks. The Merc is still in the stash, although getting very close to the head of the queue, but really looks detailed going by what's in the box. Judging by some of the builds we've seen on here, that shoudl build up nicely too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Are you going to take part in the Matchbox 50th Anniversary Group build

Maybe, it will depend on time available. I've already got 2 GBs underway and more planned, and I'm not a fast builder........ 🐌

/P

• Thanks 1

Our eldest son (53) in Calgary sent me a LEGO E-Gift voucher for my birthday last week (74). After buying online the box arrived a few minutes ago from Belgium 3 days later. The kit has 1106 parts, and box is 19" long 11" wide and 5" deep! These large kits always come with a free gift. In this case some flowers!

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 8

I'm supposed to be getting rid of stuff, not adding to it, but never mind.   I've always liked the Dino and this one was going cheap.  The Road Runner is a back up, because I plan to restore the one I built (badly) as a teen.  The Jo-Han body is more accurate than AMT's '68 RR.  The Camaro is only a parts kit, but I've been after one for a while because again, I think the body looks better than the recent Revell tooling and will serve as a reference.  It's also one of the handful of kits that came with optional Appliance Apache mag wheels, which IRL were used on the 1966 Mustang Mach 1 concept car and the Green Hornet's Black Beauty.  🙃

new_additions-vi.jpg

• Like 7

Because I don't have any willpower I ended up spending money at my local hobby shop.

y4m3wU7VgAtpN6sijYhMqP-tSBmA5VgXWdly0sIl

I know this isn't the best Miura kit, but I hope it'll look half decent when painted up.

y4mJmUoFHiS_cfamE1aexmo9RqfTns7AJb6097lK

I've quite fancied one of MiniArt's Mercedes kits for a while because they are so detailed.  I've also ordered the open passenger version of the 170V.  It looks like it might be challenging to build and paint.

• Like 12

Is the Hasegawa Miura better?   I've only seen that one built up.   The 170V looks interesting.  Knowing MiniArt, they'll have you assembling the Mercedes badge from half a dozen photoetch parts.  😧

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Six97s said:

Is the Hasegawa Miura better?   I've only seen that one built up.  

I've heard people say that it is.  Although it's also the later SV, so needs a lot of work if you want a representation of an earlier Miura (I think someone on here did just that).

50 minutes ago, Six97s said:

The 170V looks interesting.  Knowing MiniArt, they'll have you assembling the Mercedes badge from half a dozen photoetch parts.  😧

It's not quite that bad.

y4mkoZ67eGC7w7uo7mPVwOrPkf2xbAGKP_nKAa0E

OK, it's very nearly that bad, but not quite.

• Like 4

So the other day I bought my very first car kit, at least in recent times (40 years or so …)

7K1krfQ.jpg

I wanted to do a car project for some time but after recently posting some pictures from the Porsche Museum here on BM, I realized that it had to be soon and that it had to be a 911. As I came home and opened the box, I discovered that there is an imperfection of a kind in the windshield :( Think I’ll have to write Revell, asking for a FOC replacement part. 

Build won’t start for the coming 4-6 weeks, as I have an aircraft to finish first in the Bomber GB but this gives me time to consider the color combo. I’m going for something close to an original Porsche color but not necessarily limited to the correct model year (MY 1984-89).

Found this page here, there are so many nice colours to choose from, https://www.early911s.de/en/cars/colour-palette

Hoping for everyone’s kind assistance once I get started :) 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 12

I pre-ordered this when it was announced and it turned up yesterday.

y4mHUzVLuHgtitbrgku1jp8PS_XI-OqRCh5GFxuq

I'm a fan of the Supernatural TV show and fond of four-door cars as an under-represented modelling subject.  I'm not sure whether to do it as per the TV show or in another, easier colour.

• Like 9

Had to go to on a course in Kassel (~middle of Germany) last week and to my great pleasure I discovered that this city have a very nice hobby shop! One of the old fashioned ones, with something for everyone you know (trains, planes & automobiles). And as we all know, we should really support the local traders so I bought this :) 

jco2fSp.jpg

I have no experience with car kits yet but at a first glance it looks like a good kit. 

FKJN8sR.jpg

Hoping it will snap together without issues ones I get started!

Cheers

Johnny b 

And may I add this link, to a rather spectacular collection … https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/scene-passion/porsche-klassik-magazine-eckhard-schimpf-jaegermeister-paintwork-22465.html

Edited by desert falcon
Link added
  • Like 7

Cheap because slightly started Tamiya Alpine A442B and “Crystal” Esci Lancia Beta Gr5 from the ‘bay. Slightly negated the cheap by buying new Indycals decals for the Alpine and a set from Patto’s Place for a Martini livery for the Lancia…

best,

M.

• Like 2