What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Not for the one I'm modelling! I see I can get a resin high roof for it too, but the seller doesn't specify if the extra roof door is included, and it's quite pricey too.

You will find a top rear door for the high roof version actually present on the Heller sprue. Whatever that means. But it is there, I'm using it right now. No idea of the quality of any resin roof available so far though.

31 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

You will find a top rear door for the high roof version actually present on the Heller sprue. Whatever that means. But it is there, I'm using it right now. No idea of the quality of any resin roof available so far though.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that, as it's a clear part, and I left them bagged.

We had one of each on the fleet, and about 4 Fourgonettes and a 4L

• Like 1

C1 Models MGC GTS transkit arrived this morning, and it looks very nice indeed in the flesh. The instructions are here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52e4ff57e4b068a31cc49397/t/61e7eba6aaec125829bed38c/1642589107964/MGC+Instructions.pdf

Also picked up a copy of "MGC GTS Lightweights: Abingdon's Last Racers" from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1787114457/) which should tell me all I need to know, and more. Now just to decide which of the options to build the car up as...

best,

M.

• Like 5

That looks very nicely detailed and well thought out.  I still haven't built the regular GT conversion yet which I bought about a year ago, but looking forward to the build thread of this one already!

On 1/13/2022 at 9:21 PM, Kitkent said:

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this kit to be honest. It’s a 3d printed 1/24 Porsche 917/10 Can Am car,I am sure you’ll all recognise the body shape! 
It’s made by Capri- schorsch whose 1/12 kits are also on here. Never seen a 3d printed kit before and I saw a you tube video about this kit which made me definitely want to get one. I am very impressed with the very fine detail,some of it is almost see through,all the vents etc.are there. No decals,as you have find your own but I’ve already decide to do the L and M cigarettes car. See below- Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Many thanks for showing my tiny Porsche. Have fun while building it. 

Regards Christian 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Now, Jörgen, are you suggesting you're actually building something, and not letting us enjoy your skills? That's just mean 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Now, Jörgen, are you suggesting you're actually building something, and not letting us enjoy your skills? That's just mean 🙂 

Erhh, well, sort of, just a little... but I am documenting, threads will appear fairly soon I hope... Mostly just preparing 3D-high roof models, cutting dxf-masks and fiddling with parts so far.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 20:58, cmatthewbacon said:

C1 Models MGC GTS transkit arrived this morning, and it looks very nice indeed in the flesh. The instructions are here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52e4ff57e4b068a31cc49397/t/61e7eba6aaec125829bed38c/1642589107964/MGC+Instructions.pdf

Also picked up a copy of "MGC GTS Lightweights: Abingdon's Last Racers" from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1787114457/) which should tell me all I need to know, and more. Now just to decide which of the options to build the car up as...

best,

M.

Wow, that looks really good.  I think I need to get that!

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 20:58, cmatthewbacon said:

best,

M.

Whenever anybody mentions the MGC GTS , I immediately think of Tony Fall's exploits on the 1968 Marathon de la Route in one of the two works cars , round the old Nurburgring .  He ran out of brake pads and when he came into the pits the pad backplates welded themselves to the discs .  In the service time allowed , they managed to replace the discs but didn't have time to change the calipers so , in order to avoid disqualification, the pit crew sent him out to do a lap with no brakes , intending to finish off fixing the car the next time round . When he came into the pits again they couldn't stop him and , by the time he'd stopped the car by shoving it in reverse , he'd overshot the pit .  Since you weren't allowed to reverse in the pit lane he had to do a second lap .  2 laps of the old Nurburgring with no brakes - it just doesn't bear thinking about .  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, One 48 said:

Its not here yet but will be mid week, next week :) Am very excited about this one !

Ooooh; nice. Are the Fork set and the Zero Paints set joining it?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Natter said:

Ooooh; nice. Are the Fork set and the Zero Paints set joining it?

The Zero duo paint set yes, the official Tamiya fork set no, its far to expensive this time, very nearly as expensive as the kit !! :)

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

C1 Models MGC GTS transkit arrived this morning, and it looks very nice indeed in the flesh.

I have C1's very nice MGB-GT kit and intend to build it as my late lamented '68 U.S. spec Pale Primrose car. But does anyone know where I can obtain some real wire wheels to replace those in the Aoshima kit?

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Like 1

Apart from ordering the Blue and Silver Zero paints for my new arriving Tamiya Suzuki Ecstar GSX 2020 from Hiroboy, noticed too they have 1/12 decal sets for the early Suzuki 1986 GSXR 750 I owned in real life in Blue and also at same time a mate bought same Bike in Skoal Bandit in Green, this stuff goes out of stock fast there, so grabbed em fast, for the recent ish Hasegawa 1/12 Suzuki GSXR 750 of course, stock Hasegawa GSXR 750 ships with markings for the UK 1986 UK GSXR1100 for some reason, that differs from the UK 750's but these decals are correct for the UK 750 version for sure :)  I know, owned one and it was possibly the best part of my life :)

So going to need to buy another 1/12 Hasegawa GSXR750 soon to do a Skoal Bandit in green too, will be putting up a want add here on BM very soon.

112_Suzuki_GSXR_750_White_Blue_Export_19

112_Suzuki_GSXR_750_Skoal_Bandit_1986_De

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

I have C1's very nice MGB-GT kit and intend to build it as my late lamented '68 U.S. spec Pale Primrose car. But does anyone know where I can obtain some real wire wheels to replace those in the Aoshima kit?

May be you can ask C1 for a set of wirewheels, or  aks motobitz.uk if their wirewheels would also fit a MGB 

Scaleproduction.de also offered wirewheels don't know if they still in stock 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

Just delivered, by Hermes. an ebay purchase, an Airfix Jaguar E-Type

No, not the new one, the old 1/32 one, in a Haynes/Airfix box

I've built it and have in metallic blue but I want to build it again

• Like 3

6 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I've bought another kit for the Matchbox 50th anniversary group build.

y4mxlyvNwvkgQzQ-svnkZwYgSCr-C3SpV5h0RW_J

I'm a fan of the Citroen Traction and the coupé/roadster is a very stylish machine.

Très chic!  Please tell me that the build thread will appear soon!!

Am I right in thinking that this can be built as either the coupe or roadster?  1:32 isn't really my scale for cars (not scale snobbery, just that it won't display well with what I already have) so I've managed to resist getting one so far, but I do want to convert one of my Heller 1:24 Traction Avants to this body style.

• Like 1