What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I have a Scalemates account and I manage a "Wish list" there and every now and then I re-evaluate what's on there with "Am I really going to build that?". I have been saving up for our version of Telford which is in 2 weeks, but as I said earlier I don't know if that's going to take place. I'm now thinking of moving that money towards a little Silhouette cutter to be able to make paint masks. 

I use Scalemates too to keep track of kits I want I think that is my problem I get a constant reminder of what kits I want instead of forgetting. But perhaps the real problem is I never re-evaluate I only add more and more...

• Like 4

A few days ago i said that I only buy kits I'll want to have and  don't have no need to purchase them 😇 but...it's a just a matter of heart and soul...😂😂

If I ever only bought kits I got to have...my "warehouse " would be quite empty compaired to the reality😇🤫😂

Marco F 

• Like 2

OK so it's not a kit, but a vital piece of equipment was stocked up on today. Having seen in the news that there was talk of the sale of single use plastic cutlery being banned, I took myself down to Poundstretcher at dinner/lunchtime and got myself two 50-packs for the grand total of £1.38. That should give me a few more years of paint testing :)

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Spiny said:

OK so it's not a kit, but a vital piece of equipment was stocked up on today. Having seen in the news that there was talk of the sale of single use plastic cutlery being banned, I took myself down to Poundstretcher at dinner/lunchtime and got myself two 50-packs for the grand total of £1.38. That should give me a few more years of paint testing :)

Nowt wrong with that Spiny i also have a drawer full of plastic spoons for test painting , although I have to admit that I also use a fair few for snacks when I'm at the bench especially jammy dodgers and custard 😋👍

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

Having seen in the news that there was talk of the sale of single use plastic cutlery being banned,

I thought they already had been so haven't bothered to look for any - must pick some more up then. 👍

Keith

15 hours ago, Spiny said:

I'm tempted to do the same.

I hadn't intended to buy any more kits but once again I have cracked. This time it is the Airfix Beach Buggy:

Beach_Buggy_32_2021_GB_009.JPG

Following on from my four-seat, six-wheel Beach Buggy conversion, this Beach Buggy is also going to be a six-wheel job but with four-wheel steering and a pink paintjob like FAB1.

Dave

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, davecov said:

I hadn't intended to buy any more kits but once again I have cracked. This time it is the Airfix Beach Buggy:

Beach_Buggy_32_2021_GB_009.JPG

Following on from my four-seat, six-wheel Beach Buggy conversion, this Beach Buggy is also going to be a six-wheel job but with four-wheel steering and a pink paintjob like FAB1.

Dave

I'm looking forward to see THIS custom build...sounds interesting 

Marco F 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Andy J said:

Nowt wrong with that Spiny i also have a drawer full of plastic spoons for test painting , although I have to admit that I also use a fair few for snacks when I'm at the bench especially jammy dodgers and custard 😋👍

Sorry, but using a spoon for Jammy Dodgers seems a bit weird. 😛

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Sorry, but using a spoon for Jammy Dodgers seems a bit weird. 😛

Weird.....nah allow me to explain. You will need ; 1 pudding bowl 🥣 

4/6 jammy dodgers 

1 can of birds custard

Place jammy dodgers in the bottom of the bowl and cover with custard. Microwave for 1 minute remove and stir then Microwave for another minute. Retreat to cave grap your spoon from the stash and tuck in 😋👍

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Andy J said:

4/6 jammy dodgers 

1 can of birds custard

Place jammy dodgers in the bottom of the bowl and cover with custard. Microwave for 1 minute remove and stir then Microwave for another minute. Retreat to cave grap your spoon from the stash and tuck in 😋👍

I have a feeling not a single spoon in your cave has paint on it... ;) 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dbostream said:

I have a feeling not a single spoon in your cave has paint on it... ;) 

Not guilty......I have at least 2 with paint on 🙂👍

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Andy J said:

4/6 jammy dodgers 

1 can of birds custard

Oh boy my blood sugar goes through the roof just thinking of this

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Oh boy my blood sugar goes through the roof just thinking of this

Sorry I don't have a vegetarian version 😔......however try the same recipe with Cadburys chocolate mini rolls....very nice indeed 😋👍

• Haha 2

Well, now I've got the final detail set for the Williams F14B winging its way to me I thought that it needed a friend to go alongside in the cabinet, been after one for a while, but at the right price, so here it is :) 

My plan is to build this pretty much OOB as I want to get an MFH MP4/4 at some point. I'm sure that will change along the way though and I'll start gathering the detail sets as I see them. As I've got the willpower of a gnat 🤣

20211125_163625

• Like 7

On 11/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, Andy J said:

1 pudding bowl 🥣 

4/6 jammy dodgers 

1 can of birds custard

That's nearly a trifle. Where's the squirty cream and sprinkles?

/p

• Haha 2

A new website to me has some cheap American car kits at the moment.

https://www.365games.co.uk/search/revell/page-2

The Fast and Furious GTX at £17 and the  '70 Charger at £20 or so. Add the discount code when you log in and things get cheaper yet. Free post as well. I've got an order in, the site tells me about three days for delivery.

I was in the local shop just now to get some styrene strips and my eye fell on this .... 

20211127104031-1c9208c5-me.jpg

Couldn't help it. I'm not interested in the fire stuff but from what I heard this kit has some advantages over the Revell kit. Which I also have. I may just turn this Italeri Landy into a quick build as I have nothing planned this weekend. I'll open the box in a minute and see if that'll work.

• Like 11

I've bought some 3D wheels/tyres with chunky treads for an upcoming rally car build. They included the brake disks which I have already started painting. 

photo7-th.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, TonyW said:

A new website to me has some cheap American car kits at the moment.

https://www.365games.co.uk/search/revell/page-2

The Fast and Furious GTX at £17 and the  '70 Charger at £20 or so. Add the discount code when you log in and things get cheaper yet. Free post as well. I've got an order in, the site tells me about three days for delivery.

The order I made has arrive, it took three days. Six kits, four GTX and two '70 Chargers. £103 delivered.

That's a bargain compared with anywhere else at the moment. Given shipping costs now, I can't see things getting any cheaper. 

Post Xmas sales might prove me wrong though. Yer pays yer money, yer takes yer chances.

The Charger is, I think, a rehash of the earlier Dick Landy one, with a non stock hood for the F+F version. No back seat but a roll cage included, nice period wheels and rear slicks rather than giant modern wheels. Combine this kit with the '68 and '69 versions and I think you are covered for those three years. At least I hope so.

Expect to see multiple paintjobs and options on a few builds in the future.

• Like 2

Not much F1 stuff on here - so time to redress the balance a bit!

Been after one of these for ages.

Ligier JS21 - the other arrow shaped car in the 1983 GP season along with the BT52.

Will do the Monaco version with the crazy biplane rear wing.

IMG-6907.jpg
IMG-6906.jpg

Malc.

Edited by Malc2
  • Like 4