What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 10/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

I’ve been looking for one of those Judge kits for several years! Where did you find it?

best,

M.

At a Swedish store that only ships within Sweden unfortunately.

Hi All,

Not all bought at the same time, and what's more I may have reported some of them already.:

y4mFL4ud5O13r_hGQYVoQQY7PuCHxMKP-pxIjqIa

I like to look of this car. On inspection, looks really nice.

y4mlHQP-DUXKz9F7gyzOivmMyW_ueUUx5acZlhrn

Another classic that I built back in the day. I gave the original to a friend who was a bit of a Lotus nut.

y4mD-2JuENn8rADtfn1q1hyUaxCOQJfPuQLr6kG8

Been looking for one of these for a while. This one came up at a reasonable price.
All I need now is the New Fiat 500 model (Italeri or Fujimi, I'm not that bothered), then I will have the normal and Abarth versions of the original and the new 500...

y4m2SEOSLYLaNaHfezcfyygPxWs0m71k73jjW1NE
I don't think I built this the first time around. But couldn't resist when Airfix put in on their website earlier this year. At a very good price as well.

I just wish Airfix would re-release the Bond Bug. Come on Airfix...

y4maB2jahp1QekszAsGQF7tqZ8jynRtt1k3WzBri

I have heard lots of stories about how this one is the 'unbuildable' kit. I have read many mixed reviews. Looking at the one I've got, It looks buildable, with no major warping.

I think that lots of dry fitting and fettling will be in order.

y4mtY1fDoTKl70ik1J0IahNUxg0tbCzbP-GLbHAS

And this one is on it's way from Jadlam. Hope to get this one soon.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Minor corrections
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, Alan R said:

Hi All,

Not all bought at the same time, and what's more I may have reported some of them already.:

y4mFL4ud5O13r_hGQYVoQQY7PuCHxMKP-pxIjqIa

I like to look of this car. On inspection, looks really nice.

y4mlHQP-DUXKz9F7gyzOivmMyW_ueUUx5acZlhrn

Another classic that I built back in the day. I gave the original to a friend who was a bit of a Lotus nut.

y4mD-2JuENn8rADtfn1q1hyUaxCOQJfPuQLr6kG8

Been looking for one of these for a while. This one came up at a reasonable price.
All I need now is the New Fiat 500 model (Italeri or Fujimi, I'm not that bothered), then I will have the normal and Abarth versions of the original and the new 500...

y4m2SEOSLYLaNaHfezcfyygPxWs0m71k73jjW1NE
I don't think I built this the first time around. But couldn't resist when Airfix put in on their website earlier this year. At a very good price as well.

I just wish Airfix would re-release the Bond Bug. Come on Airfix...

I have heard lots of stories about how this one is the 'unbuildable' kit. I have read many mixed reviews. Looking at the one I've got, It looks buildable, with no major warping.

y4mtY1fDoTKl70ik1J0IahNUxg0tbCzbP-GLbHAS

And this one is on it's way from Jadlam. Hope to get this one soon.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alan.

Nice choice Alan. 

Marco F 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan R said:

Make some kind of jig for rear-suspension when you build it to make sure that everything is aligned. And fit front cover carefully. These are main issues to tackle. Of course it's possible that there is wrapped parts. And engine needs details, but this is a hobby.

• Like 2

One of a few new recruits over the last week or so 🙂

spacer.png

Another classic Tamiya kit that comes with perfect decals and a decent amount of aftermarket PE parts as well. It's a Porsche in my favourite livery and I'm looking forward to building it 🙂👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

One of a few new recruits over the last week or so 🙂

spacer.png

😇🤗🙈

Another classic Tamiya kit that comes with perfect decals and a decent amount of aftermarket PE parts as well. It's a Porsche in my favourite livery and I'm looking forward to building it 🙂👍

Hey Andy 

am I right? Your keep on buying just to cover the paint sparkles on the wall?

I thought your stock would be able occupie the complete cave 🙈😇🤗

😂

Marco F 

• Haha 2

Well I might have to wait a while for these to arrive as they are coming from overseas but I don't mind one bit 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's me done for this year only a fool would purchase any more kits 🙄

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Paul H said:

What's the deal with the differences (not livery!) between the two Alfa 155s?  Is one BTCC and the other DTM?

I have no idea Paul i only purchase for the box art but I can tell you for certain they are both NBC 👍

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

What's the deal with the differences (not livery!) between the two Alfa 155s?  Is one BTCC and the other DTM?

Having done some Googling they are both DTM cars, the red car is from the1993 season and the Martini car is from 1996. I have the Jagermeister liveried version from 1994 in the stash. As for the Zakspeed Capri I was lucky enough to see the real thing race when the DRM visited Donington for a non championship round back in 1980.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

Both DTM (Dekra being the then series sponsor) IIRC the Martini car was a season or two after the red one (different wheels and some aero differences on the Martini one)

Keith

Edit - posts crossed there Paul! (err, sorry, Tim!!) I'm easily confuddled...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy J said:

NBC = Not Bloody Cheap 🙄🤫👍

🤣  - I honestly had no idea what you meant!!

I sold a Martini Alfa a couple of years back at Telford - for £20 :( (instantly regretted it and still do) 

Envious of that Capri, especially as it says Cartograf decals on the box!

Edit - noticed it also says complete interior detailing - hope they've done some major retooling for that to be true...!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

🤣  - I honestly had no idea what you meant!!

I sold a Martini Alfa a couple of years back at Telford - for £20 :( (instantly regretted it and still do) 

Envious of that Capri, especially as it says Cartograph decals on the box!

Edit - noticed it also says complete interior detailing - hope they've done some major retooling for that to be true...!! 

This is a special edition Keith with full interior and engine detail 🙂👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Having done some Googling they are both DTM cars, the red car is from the1993 season and the Martini car is from 1996. I have the Jagermeister liveried version from 1994 in the stash. As for the Zakspeed Capri I was lucky enough to see the real thing race when the DRM visited Donington for a non championship round back in 1980.  

Hiya Tim just out of interest should you ever want to sell the Jagermeister version I know someone who would be very interested 😉 👍

• Like 1

Two (that's 2, count 'em) Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha Virago 1000 kits (they were cheap and postage free from Hong Kong on "that online sales platform that cannot say its name"). 

One's most likely going to be stock, the other will become a bobber. Unless the first one becomes a Cafe racer... it's a decision that's yet to be firmly set. 

I know, the question is "Why?" The answer is "Yeah, dunno. Seemed like a good idea at the time?" 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Two (that's 2, count 'em) Tamiya 1/12 Yamaha Virago 1000 kits (they were cheap and postage free from Hong Kong on "that online sales platform that cannot say its name"). 

One's most likely going to be stock, the other will become a bobber. Unless the first one becomes a Cafe racer... it's a decision that's yet to be firmly set. 

I know, the question is "Why?" The answer is "Yeah, dunno. Seemed like a good idea at the time?" 

Sounds interesting, looking forward to see what will be possible. 

Marco F 

7 hours ago, dbostream said:

I said the same last week but I have a strong suspicion another kit will arrive tomorrow...

I think you may have a problem sir 🤔🙄

• Haha 2

On 04/11/2021 at 13:57, Alan R said:

I think it's such a shame this kit hasn't been re-released as the '92 and '93 LM24 winners. It being the last of the group C cars and all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dbostream said:

They just keep arriving at my door I don't know how. ;) 

Well there will be no more arriving at my door this year......my purchasing days are over 🤥

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1