What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

21 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Ooof, coming soon to a stash near you.😲😀👍

spacer.png

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/14139/index.htm

Yes please :)

I was expecting Tamiya to re-issue all of the Rossi bike with him retiring  (still have my fingers crossed on that one) but the GSX-RR is as good.

• Like 1

So imo you can never have enough Delta's in the stash 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now I just need to track down the Delta in Repsol livery.....if anyone has the Repsol kit and might consider selling it I'd be very interested 😉👍

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Andy J said:

So imo you can never have enough Delta's in the stash 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now I just need to track down the Delta in Repsol livery.....if anyone has the Repsol kit and might consider selling it I'd be very interested 😉👍

Great cars , great kits ; just looking at those three box lids is making me excited ! 
Gary . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Great cars , great kits ; just looking at those three box lids is making me excited ! 
Gary . 

I agree Gary absolutely superb car's definitely in my top 3 of favourite car's ever 🙂👍. I need to add to my Lancia collection methinks 😉

spacer.png

• Like 8

I'm a sucker for a Subaru Impreza WRC Rally Car. On it's way an ebay bargain by Airfix.

photo-th.jpg

Bonnet lamps await! Or make some more!

• Like 7

After not having done much modelling lately due to work being unbelievably busy (and also moving house) I've decided to try to make more time for modelling. 

I had made this kit several years ago when I was much less patient (and skilled probably) but wanted to revisit it as I wanted to do it justice. I adore complex decals: naturally, race cars fit nicely into this. I have also ordered Scale Motorsport's carbon decal and photoetch sets and I'm also a few button clicks away from ordering a whole plethora of detailing parts from spotmodel in order to go to town on the cockpit and engine detailing.

I still have a half finished Moto GP bike to finish before I begin this one but hopefully this shouldn't take too long before I get started!

spacer.png

• Like 7

So with the new modelling room moving along nicely I've grabbed a few mins to do some online shopping 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've got a few bids finishing later tonight so hopefully I can add a few more soon 🙂👍

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I really like this Esso sponsored 037. Need to find this.

I've brought it to show alongside the Delta i built a while ago 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Different finish required on the San Remo Stratos Andy - the Olio Fiat cars were matt... :)

K

No problem Keith I can do matt i have plenty of matt finishing products from my venture to the dark side 😂👍. In other news I've been chasing the kit below for a while now and I've just landed one 🙂

spacer.png

Happy days 🙂👍

• Like 3

On 9/19/2021 at 8:55 PM, Andy J said:

I've brought it to show alongside the Delta i built a while ago 🙂

spacer.png

Superb and I remember them on the stages!

• Thanks 1

I've not felt like doing much modelling lately but that hasn't stopped me searching out interesting kits.

y4msnKSjGBi48gLxzb22qQc4R5HJ4i3oqsqSA91Z

The DB4 reminds me of the Monogram Maserati 3500GT, the kits look very similar in the way they go together.  It's been started but as far as I can tell all the important parts are there and there don't appear to be any terrible errors to undo.  The DB5 is clearly the James Bond car but without representations of the gadgets.  It's a much more basic kit but a cursory inspection suggests that it is at least a decent moulding.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I've not felt like doing much modelling lately but that hasn't stopped me searching out interesting kits.

The DB4 reminds me of the Monogram Maserati 3500GT, the kits look very similar in the way they go together.  It's been started but as far as I can tell all the important parts are there and there don't appear to be any terrible errors to undo.  The DB5 is clearly the James Bond car but without representations of the gadgets.  It's a much more basic kit but a cursory inspection suggests that it is at least a decent moulding.

Hello John,

Congratulations for these 2 Anton Martins 

Old but good kits. 

It's a shame that this company is so under-represended in 1:24

Marco F 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

Good scores… the DB4 is definitely the same series as the Maserati, and probably the most accurately shaped of all of them (the E-Type and 250 GTO are pretty approximate). The DB5 is the Doyusha kit, also available in Bond form with resin 007 and Oddjob figures. The original Airfix Bond DB5 got turned into a DB6 and then disappeared.

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

I can remember the DB6 that Airfix made shortly after their JB Aston DB5. Not sure if they modified the JB car tooling or made another kit altogether for the DB6 as they would have had to remove and change a lot of the Bond car stuff like the ejector seat and roof aperture to suit, the bullet proof rear windscreen shield and add a boot spoiler.

I built the JB one back in the 60's when it was released, but never bought the DB6. Maybe Airfix still have the tools somewhere, who knows?

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 8:06 PM, Andy J said:

So with the new modelling room moving along nicely I've grabbed a few mins to do some online shopping 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've got a few bids finishing later tonight so hopefully I can add a few more soon 🙂👍

There's a video build series on YouTube by a Japanese modeller of that particular GT-R. 

• Thanks 1

A couple more purchases.

y4mFmzAt2PxoUgPhi6upW0PnUvULvCuDVfiLJqx8

In one a recent Revell Jaguar E-type build or RFI thread someone mentioned that this kit was a fairly decent representation of a 4.2-litre Series 1 Jaguar E-type.  As it happened, this kit then showed up on Ebay for a fairly sensible price (although sadly not the £10.35 on the price sticker).  Now I've got the Heller kit to represent the flat-floor E-type, the Revell to represent the later 3.8 car and this for a 4.2, which covers the evolution of the Series 1 E-type.  It will also ne interesting to see how the different kits compare.

y4mNySLnzFg7MN-QFge0VRXaO8EIfyZStAXlSFTj

I bought this a few weeks ago.  The ZG is not my favourite 240Z variant but it still looks like a nice kit and you can see how it's been tooled to permit other versions and I hope that by buying the first release it will encourage Tamiya to bring out thos other variants sooner rather than later.

y4mC0JtVdHeBipK6l7WCChjjnMr7j1w34C8antJb

Finally, I've bought a few sets of these wire wheels and resin tyres from Moto Bitz, although given the kits I've bought recently I may need a couple more sets.

• Like 5