What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

A Monogram L'IL Coffin. From ebay here in the UK for £10 as it is already used/started etc, as you can see it's in bits. The owner painted most things gold and tried to stick the chrome parts on top of the paint, but also without removing the chrome plating. I'm stripping the paint from the back axle/driveshaft and the engine block as most of the chrome parts began to fall off once I handled them. The hinges on both the doors and body are broken in one way or another and I will try to replace them.

photo-th.jpg

No good it crashed and burned. the glue they used was monster stuff, I couldn't take it apart or add anything to it, plus too many bits missing. It had two headers, two doors but only one of everything else!

• Like 3

Ok so I have no idea what happened but my fingers slipped about 37 times and then a couple of minutes later I get an order confirmation for this...

spacer.png

By the time I realised what happened it was too late... Oh well...

Nick

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Ok so I have no idea what happened but my fingers slipped about 37 times and then a couple of minutes later I get an order confirmation for this...

spacer.png

Nick

These things happen, sometimes you just gotta take the punishment. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fnick said:

spacer.png

Nick

There's a simple answer; once you get the DeLorean just drive it up to 88mph, travel back in time and stop yourself making that mistake...

Of course then you won't have a time machine to go back and stop yourself so I think you might end up with a temporal paradox...

So maybe just stick with Jeroen's advice?

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Of course then you won't have a time machine to go back and stop yourself so I think you might end up with a temporal paradox...

Cod-Physics here:
Since time won't allow for paradoxes, any attempt you make to change your present (or future?) will be foiled by Physics/Time! Otherwise you'll disappear up your own time vortex! :)

Cheers, Alan.

• Haha 5

Ahem!! I had one of those, but I didn't buy it myself, it was a gift from my son, and was from BTTF3. I didn't fancy the chrome wheels, so built it as a rail version, with the accompanying track. I did wonder if it could be converted back into a road going one, but seemed to be a trifle complicated!

Edited by MR2Don
  • Like 1

Looking at ebay the other day (as you do) I stumbled across a couple of bargains

£25 for the Ferrari (private seller) and £18.55 for the Celica from Jadlam :) 

So there are some bargains out there occasionally, you just need to drop lucky :) 

20210826_105516_resized

• Like 5

On 8/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, Redstaff said:

Looking at ebay the other day (as you do) I stumbled across a couple of bargains

£25 for the Ferrari (private seller) and £18.55 for the Celica from Jadlam :) 

So there are some bargains out there occasionally, you just need to drop lucky :) 

20210826_105516_resized

Well done two nice ones, my favourite would be the Celica, I just love rally cars with bonnet mounted lamps. Sad to see nowadays the lamps are all looking like strip lights across the roof or bonnet! Yes LED's that's right!

• Thanks 1

Received an Amazon voucher recently. And I also realised I'm in danger of doing something really sacreligious around here - namely to date this year I have completed more kits (2) than I've bought (1). So obviously I had to do some shopping, which turned up today...

51420986550_4858f80e6c_b.jpg

As this is one of those "cars which share a name and not much else with one I've owned" I really should have gone for the 1989 square headlight version which at least would be the right year, but I prefer the look of this one.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Look out, he's back....!! 🤣

K

Not back building just yet mate but I'm itching to get going again and when I do these kits will be flying off the production line 😉👍

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Spiny said:

Received an Amazon voucher recently. And I also realised I'm in danger of doing something really sacreligious around here - namely to date this year I have completed more kits (2) than I've bought (1). So obviously I had to do some shopping, which turned up today...

51420986550_4858f80e6c_b.jpg

As this is one of those "cars which share a name and not much else with one I've owned" I really should have gone for the 1989 square headlight version which at least would be the right year, but I prefer the look of this one.

That's just the sort of unassuming classics I like , especially it being a Long Body Deluxe !!

Gary 

• Like 1

Seeing that I've got the beach buggy in the stash and the Jag on preorder, I realised that I need more 1/32 scale to fill a shelf.

So trawling through ebay I put a bid in for this for £7 and got it :) 

Always love the shape of this era, it just looks right :) 

20210902_230918_resized

• Like 8

So having been inspired by a recent excellent bike build courtesy of @Stef N. I decided to add a couple of bike kits to the stash 🙂👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well I will have plenty of room for kit storage and lots of time to build them so why not 🤔🙂👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Your stash is increasing ..

spacer.png

And btw it's not a couple of bikes it's 4... Just saying...😋😁

Nick

Thanks for that Nick ...I hadn't realised there were four kits...honest 😂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Digging that selection Andy, especially the Pepsi Suzuki. 👍