What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Ok so I've started work on my new modelling space and I've realised that with twice the amount of space available i will have a bit of extra room for kit storage 🙂. Therefore it seemed only right and proper to welcome a couple of new recruits to the stash 😉 👍 

spacer.png

spacer.png

These two kits will help fill the gaps on the shelves though I think a few more may be required over the next few weeks 🙂👍

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Andy J said:

These two kits will help fill the gaps on the shelves though I think a few more may be required over the next few weeks 🙂👍

You'll be needing an extension on the extension if you keep buying those huge great things....!! 🤣

K

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

You'll be needing an extension on the extension if you keep buying those huge great things....!! 🤣

K

Now there's an idea 🤔👍. The plan is to build a 1/12 kit followed by a couple of 1/24 kits and repeat the cycle 🙂. Sort of like knit one pearl one if you get what I mean 🙂. In other news Keith take a look at my roundel certainly from a distance it does indeed look like half a  jammy dodger thanks @Mike now every time I post on here I'm in a happy place 😂😉👍

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thank ya mother for the rabbits 🙂👍

spacer.png

Nice one, had my eyes on the version with fenders for awhile but I am doing my best not to buy it.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:47 AM, paulyoung666 said:

This , among many others 🤣🤣🤣

96319889-37-D0-4-B91-BB45-890-E614-A0-D5

Have fun with the decals!  Ive just about completed decorating the 2014 Miku BMW and have used about half a bottle of set & sol to get them laid out nicely, and still had some splits that had to be touched up on the bodywork (err does that sound wrong?).

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Lovely one Andy 

Seems your new garage will have several floors for storage and showroom 🤗😂

Marco F 

btw...the italeri Abarth 695ss is also a nice kit 1/12🤫

Well I can't build kits atm so I may as well collect a few 🙂👍Italeri Abarth....hmm....must have a look later 🤔👍

5 hours ago, dbostream said:

Nice one, had my eyes on the version with fenders for awhile but I am doing my best not to buy it.

I rarely treat myself these days so I do my best to buy it 🙂. I have about half a dozen more on my shopping list but I like to add new kits steadily rather than just rush in willy nilly 😉👍

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I rarely treat myself these days so I do my best to buy it 🙂. I have about half a dozen more on my shopping list but I like to add new kits steadily rather than just rush in willy nilly 😉👍

:rofl2:

Yeh, we've all noticed that....!!! 🤣

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/07/2021 at 07:47, paulyoung666 said:

This , among many others 🤣🤣🤣

96319889-37-D0-4-B91-BB45-890-E614-A0-D5

Those decals look challenging to say the least, hope you've got patience :) 

On 17/09/2016 at 15:10, D1fuN0 said:

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

A bountiful morning...

First up, a swappie...

Swapped a silly Ferrari for this magnificent '64 vintage monogram Jaguar XK-E...

IMG_20160917_154418.jpg

Right... onto the main feature.

One of the shops was having a sale of a deceased estate of kits. It had been pretty much picked by the time I got there this morning, but i did manage to pick up 

these lovelies... 

Three white metal lovelies from Motorkits

IMG_20160917_154526.jpg

Some more white metal lovelies from Tin Wizard & Auto Replicas

IMG_20160917_154540.jpg

A morgan :)

IMG_20160917_154637.jpg

A wee Rover

IMG_20160917_154622.jpg

And one I have been looking for for a loooong time... A Maserati 3500GT (still sealed)

IMG_20160917_154611.jpg

And then, well!

from 1961, A Hawk W163 1936 Mercedes Racer. One of those kits that when you see it, you just have to have it...

IMG_20160917_154659.jpg

Need a lie down now :)

:ninja: Mad Steve :ninja:

Liking the look of the Merc, what scale is 1/2 inch scale?  Not one I've come across :) 

1 minute ago, rs2man said:

It's 1/2 inch to the foot , or 1/24 scale .

Thank you @rs2man

That makes sense, quite logical really, but at the end of a log working week I think my brain's not wanting to play any more :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Thank you @rs2man

That makes sense, quite logical really, but at the end of a log working week I think my brain's not wanting to play any more :) 

Ian :) 

You're welcome mate 

• Like 1

After being advised in January this year that Airfix were looking at a new re-issued range, entitled 'Vintage Classics' It's arrived and I've ordered another. In my new method the body in grey plastic will not be painted and will be raised up on the chassis for more ground clearance.

photo-th.jpg

• Like 3

Well the build is already underway, but I can truthfully say as a 1/32nd scale kit there is very, very little. Although I have another in the post as we speak so I can photo that when it comes in a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1