What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Bought another kit that I don't really need (buying something you need is usually boring imo) as I already have the 500 version which I believe is mostly the same. But it looks like a nice kit and now I can build both versions.

spacer.png

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 9

Someone mentioned a possible Matchbox group build, and I've always liked the Volkswagen Scirocco Mk1.

y4mjjsY8uEE68So8tDVR9RDD0l3wu9f7W1h-bFjt

It's partially built but it looks like everything is there.

y4myRsNz8ESe1JDqIz-9I98o9KZGgjgmHM7C7S5K

Red plastic, joy!  I'll probably try and remove the moulded in side marker lights for a more European look.  I'm also tempted to go with metallic green, blue or even brown as per the UK market Scirocco Storm.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Picked this up on my little travels. Nice little kit by the looks of it. Update of an old Protar kit.

1029948-27767-17-pristine.jpg

That's a very pretty car, must admit it's a kit that keeps tempting me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That's a very pretty car, must admit it's a kit that keeps tempting me.

I promised myself I wouldn't be buying anything, purely in the shop for a mooch. But that was too nice and not expensive. 😀

• Haha 2

A second Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934 Jagermeister kit, with the Tamiya etch included. The price was very good, and seeing as I made money by on-selling my last one, without the etch (to a complete knob - long story, don't ask, not that anyone will), this was, as they say, a no-brainer. But I'll keep this'un for me, and hopefully be able to add its sister 935 kit at some juncture. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rob G said:

(to a complete knob - long story, don't ask, not that anyone will)

Go on, tell us.....!!! :rofl2:

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

That's a very pretty car,

Woman I worked with once had one, in a very nice shade of British Racing Green ! Have to say it suited the car very well.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Woman I worked with once had one, in a very nice shade of British Racing Green ! Have to say it suited the car very well.

Keith

They look quite good in blue too.

y4msSaxFkl4ZshvVj0-bqHeabVaZieVod6ZsoLsd

My pic from almost two years ago at a car show, the owner even let me sit behind the wheel.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Someone mentioned a possible Matchbox group build, and I've always liked the Volkswagen Scirocco Mk1.

Will keep an eye on that possible group build I have an Austin-Healey 100-6 that wants to be built.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbostream said:

Will keep an eye on that possible group build I have an Austin-Healey 100-6 that wants to be built.

I missed out on an Austin Healey 100-6 auction this week as I completely forgot to bid.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I missed out on an Austin Healey 100-6 auction this week as I completely forgot to bid.

Hate when that happens especially if one finds out afterwards that it went for next to nothing.

• Like 2

I built the100-6 in the '90,it was a Matchbox boxed one, much too early for the GB😂...but it's still a good kit considering it's age, bcs the Revell Box was from '60.

@Stef N. comes the Alfa with an engine? If i remember right sometimes in it's comeback history it was an curbside.

The blue suits it real good, but it was also avaiable in a pale blue with dark blue interieur which was also a nice combo 

@johnlambertthe Scirocco in bright green metallic with BBS wheels looked great in these days. 

@dbostream great kit and minimum 2 versions to choose, so it should offer a lot of fun

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Aye, that blue is a very good colour. I like the red with black interior but that has piqued my interest. Cheers.👍

Red with black interior Stef has to be...bloody blue 🙄...they'll have you adding white stripes next 🤭👍

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Hate when that happens especially if one finds out afterwards that it went for next to nothing.

That's exactly what happened here 😂

I'll give you a clue.....Harry Potter could speak with them....it's 1/16 scale...and it's got four wheels and a steering wheel 🤔

Snagged a 67 Mustang GT 350 and a 77 Ford surfer van, stuck with full price but oh well. Want to make Jim Morrison's Mustang using the 68 GT 500 for the engine and decals. Plamoz used to make a nice set of resin wheels, the kit ones are horrid. But they stopped making them recently. Problem is I lost the GT 500 in the house somewhere and don't want to buy another. The van, along with a parts one will be lengthened into an E250 Club Wagon and made into Terry Fox's van. It's been found and restored in the mid 2000s, now sits in a museum in B.C.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I'll give you a clue.....Harry Potter could speak with them....it's 1/16 scale...and it's got four wheels and a steering wheel 🤔

So sorry Andy I don't much about Harry Potter... I only know there was an Anglia and a fliegt Triumph bike...

Marco F 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

So sorry Andy I don't much about Harry Potter... I only know there was an Anglia and a fliegt Triumph bike...

Marco F 

I guess you'll have to wait and see then mate 😉 👍 😀 

• Like 1