What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

19 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Now pay attention Britmodeller ;)

y4mZArT3I6Ihf-TiYNLV7__BklzUzIEvsU27ywN7

I finally managed to get the Doyusha Aston Martin DB5 and for what felt like an absolute steal of a price.

In the movie it only shows tyre slashers on the rear axle!  Same with the Corgi version.  Maybe this kit is for James’s little sister Boadicea’s car…🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

In the movie it only shows tyre slashers on the rear axle!  Same with the Corgi version.  Maybe this kit is for James’s little sister Boadicea’s car…🤣

If you think about it, those slashers at the front would play havoc with the steering! ... 🤣 

• Like 1

Well - I don't know if this counts, but the last vehicle-kit I bought was a pair of Arii 1/35 Daihatsu '57 Midge (Tuk-Tuk)! :D

You never know when one of these may come in handy. :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 14/07/2021 at 18:37, johnlambert said:

Now pay attention Britmodeller ;)

y4mZArT3I6Ihf-TiYNLV7__BklzUzIEvsU27ywN7

I finally managed to get the Doyusha Aston Martin DB5 and for what felt like an absolute steal of a price.

I dare you to de-Bond it and not paint it Silver Birch. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Six97s said:

That's lovely!

Unfortunately I think my build will be based on the film car, I've got a small collection of James Bond themed kits; either directly licenced, like the Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me or the Ford Mustang from Diamonds Are Forever, or cars close to ones from the films like a Ford Falcon Ranchero and Lincoln Continental.  I really need a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang Convertible in 1:24 and I wish someone did a 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III Sednaca and maybe a Mercedes-Benz 220.

• Like 1

I know it's not a car or a bike, I've never made a lorry before and I've never built any thing in this scale before, but I saw it, it was the right price and I bought it. Not 100% sure why, but there is something about this kit that made me want it :)

coal

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

I know it's not a car or a bike, I've never made a lorry before and I've never built any thing in this scale before, but I saw it, it was the right price and I bought it. Not 100% sure why, but there is something about this kit that made me want it :)

coal

I agree - it's a really interesting and attractive model , especially in the yellow coal delivery scheme, which will have vast scope for weathering . I've been pondering on getting one for a while , but have so far resisted .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

coal

A shame there aren't kits like this in the big scales - 1/12 or even 1/8.
I think they are great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roymattblack said:

A shame there aren't kits like this in the big scales - 1/12 or even 1/8.
I think they are great!

Knowing Miniart, it probably has about 800 parts in 1/35.  Imagine a large scale kit from them..  😬

• Haha 2

Foolishly on Wednesday,  I found Sussex Model Centre is just around the corner from a new site I'll be visiting regularly.  After visiting FOS on Saturday I couldn't resist an Aoshima Huracan!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TimJ said:

This arrived a few days ago. 

51316051055_b64c73b226_c.jpgDSCF2341 by timothy jones, on Flickr

Does this one have stock wheels and tyres as well?  The Revell US release is a 2-in-1 but I've noticed with other kits ('68 Charger, 69 Z/28) that Revell GmbH issue them without the options.

It does have the stock wheels and tyres as well as parts for a 440 four barrel or 440 six pack.

51315802784_1938f62fea_c.jpgDSCF2356 by timothy jones, on Flickr

The decal sheet has been expanded over the Revell US issue too which is good as I can use the stock decals on the older GTX boxing that I have in the stash. .

51315257068_794100d701_c.jpgDSCF2347 by timothy jones, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, malpaso said:

Foolishly on Wednesday,  I found Sussex Model Centre is just around the corner from a new site I'll be visiting regularly.  After visiting FOS on Saturday I couldn't resist an Aoshima Huracan!

When I was a kid, My Dad used to take me to the original SMC (it used to be further down the road over the bridge near the mini roundabout) on a Saturday morning once a month, followed by a trip to the sweet shop then a cuppa round my Uncle and aunts, I then usually made the whole kit, nomatter what it was that weekend 🙂It used to be the great sort of place where kits were piled floor to ceiling on the right hand side as you went in, sad times when it changed.

Every time I open a kit and smell the styrene it brings me straight back to then 😀 

Anyway, great buy on the huracan!

Edited by ElectricLightAndy
  • Like 3