What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 23/06/2021 at 22:45, johnlambert said:

Another Tamiya kit that I've been after for a while.

y4mmnb1kKqZlF_gzu8yvtTIxNXIqserQq8KbLMiF

I'd sill like the Tamiya Mercedes-Benz 600SEL but I managed to pick up the S600 coupé at a reasonable price and I think it will go nicely with the Tamiya SEC and ESCI SLC.

Seems like your collection of gentlemen-rides is growing, but John I fear it's nearly completed, because if I remember right you already bought nearly every one which was ever produced 

Marco F 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Seems like your collection of gentlemen-rides is growing, but John I fear it's nearly completed, because if I remember right you already bought nearly every one which was ever produced 

Marco F 

I'm not sure, there are probably still one or two out there that I've yet to find. 😅

My next purchase may lower the tone somewhat, being a more blue collar (or blue oval) vehicle ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not sure about the manufacturer of the kit but I like the subject so decided to get me one of these 🙂

spacer.png

Could well be a duff kit but I'll give it a go regardless 🙂👍

• Like 6

Hey Andy, I heard a lot positive comments about this kit, even so it has a multipiece body, so maybe it will take a little bit longer to finish it, but I'm sure you will handle it 

Marco F 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Not sure about the manufacturer of the kit but I like the subject so decided to get me one of these 🙂

spacer.png

Could well be a duff kit but I'll give it a go regardless 🙂👍

It's a handsome car, so should make a fine model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

Hey Andy, I heard a lot positive comments about this kit, even so it has a multipiece body, so maybe it will take a little bit longer to finish it, but I'm sure you will handle it 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco sounds interesting 👍 😉 

42 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

It's a handsome car, so should make a fine model.

Handsome...that's a good choice of word John I particularly like the two tone paint finish very smart imo 👍 

• Thanks 1

On 26/06/2021 at 07:37, johnlambert said:

My next purchase may lower the tone somewhat, being a more blue collar (or blue oval) vehicle ;) 

I promised some blue oval kit action.

y4mWJm8UU0c5uPxIXtn6WxHKBE4QTjxIIUGgcDDq

I think the Sierra XR4i was the first Tamiya kit I ever built and I built a second one when I was young.  Let's see if I can finally do a decent job of it.  I'd been following this one on eBay for some time,  It had been priced at £70, then £100, then back down to £70 again with offers accepted.  Another XR4i kit sold for just over £70 while this one was on sale but for some reason there was no interest so I put in an offer that the seller accepted.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I think the Sierra XR4i was the first Tamiya kit I ever built and I built a second one when I was young.  Let's see if I can finally do a decent job of it.  I'd been following this one on eBay for some time,  It had been priced at £70, then £100, then back down to £70 again with offers accepted.  Another XR4i kit sold for just over £70 while this one was on sale but for some reason there was no interest so I put in an offer that the seller accepted.

Nice choice John I've got that one on my bucket list but my spending for this year is done 🤥👍😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Thought this thread had been a bit quiet lately...😋😉

Actually I've been searching for a Revell Ford Mustang kit I'm sure they made one in a large scale but I can't find one.....maybe it wasn't made by Revell all I remember is it was blue with white stripes 🤔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

so I put in an offer that the seller accepted.

The price label says £8.99 but I'm guessing that would have been too much of a low-ball...

A bit rich for me but it'll be good to see it built up. I've got a Tamiya Toyota Corolla FX/GT kit from first time around that I never built. The fact that it's now worth a bit is one reason that I haven't built it up, which is stupid really (but the main reason is simply not getting round to it). I wish they'd reissue it and it'd be worth nothing again, thus solving my dilemma!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

How much?  Now I wish I hadn't hacked mine up in an attempt to mate it with a Monogram Pro Stock chassis. 😳

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Actually I've been searching for a Revell Ford Mustang kit I'm sure they made one in a large scale but I can't find one.....maybe it wasn't made by Revell all I remember is it was blue with white stripes 🤔 

Revell did a 1/12 '65 Shelby, but it's a rehash of the old (i.e.1965) Renwal release.  Not the best kit... it looks like the pattern maker who carved the body was working from memory.  Possibly while hungover, or anxious to knock off for the weekend.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Anteater said:

I wish they'd reissue it and it'd be worth nothing again, thus solving my dilemma!  

I know exactly what you mean - I've got an XR-4 and a RS500 kit I want to build but what they're worth puts me off too - indeed 'tis stupid! 

Keith

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Modern one Andy? 

139715-26556-14-720.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just won the Revell 1/16 “1906 Silver Ghost” on eBay. The bad news is that it’s not a Silver Ghost. The good news is that it’s a really quite accurate model of the earlier 3-cylinder Rolls Royce 15hp, of which only 6 were built. You can now find the last survivor in the Doune Motor Museum. Looking at pictures online it looks like a very accurate model… as long as I build it in artillery green with a pale canvas hood instead of silver!

best,

M.

• Like 1

My latest eBay acquisition is this Fujimi 1/24 MR2. This early issue of the kit represents the NA version which is subtlety different to the later supercharged cars, having different air intakes for the radiator and engine bay vents, as well as a different layout for the rear lights/number plate region. It’s also got the three spoke wheels and sunroof, exactly the same as the full size one I briefly had in the early 2000s before it rusted away. I’ll be building this kit to represent my old car, in two tone white over metallic grey.

B19EA1C9-4DAB-4F65-BD2D-8E0B91E1666A

• Like 4

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Modern one Andy? 

139715-26556-14-720.jpg

Andy, I've got one of those in the stash that I'd be happy to part with as I don't think I'll ever get around to building it.

Edited by TimJ
  • Like 1