What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

I googled and there seems to be a lot of different sized tires used for this vehicle. But I agree definitely looks better with bigger tires.

The tyres aren't so bad, it's the wheels that look too small.   Still, if I were building one I'd hack out the rear arches to fit larger wheels and tyres anyway.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, galaxyg said:

Arrived today. I was surprised to see this come up on ebay late Saturday night - on a Buy It Now of £35. I've seen auction versions go for more, and not often either. Not an especially detailed kit but it should do the job with some extra effort.

spacer.png

At least I know this has gone to a good home ! I was watching it , missed the auction end , saw it was a buy it now , thought about it then went to buy it .....

A great price for a rare kit . 

Gary.  

7 hours ago, dbostream said:

I googled and there seems to be a lot of different sized tires used for this vehicle. But I agree definitely looks better with bigger tires.

10.06.21. It was delivered today just two days after purchase. I opened the box, plans, decals, and three bags, the truck, the trailer and the buggy, super! OH and free sprue cutters. I'll have to look at the comments made and possible replacement of the parts concerned.

3 hours ago, Andy J said:

So I've added a couple more to the stash tonight...can't beat a little retail therapy every now and then 😉👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hey Andy, 

Congratulations that's a nice choice. 

The El Camino is an icon and a real nice kit (hope is still) 

And the '29 Hot Rod 🔥😎

Please open the box 

Best 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Hey Andy, 

Congratulations that's a nice choice. 

The El Camino is an icon and a real nice kit (hope is still) 

And the '29 Hot Rod 🔥😎

Please open the box 

Best 

Marco F 

The El Camino is great, other than having to deal with the seams around the bed.   The Revell '29 is a good parts kit - finally there's a source for a dropped beam axle with split wishbones - still, the ancient AMT kit has the more accurate body.  Revell's suffers from the usual "3D modelled by someone who's never seen the real thing" maladies, so the cowl and raised body mouldings are a bit clunky and squared off.  I think there's something to be said for the old school carved wood patterns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've given in to temptation.

y4mEovB33zHXxornh9ZIod1LyzwSfprXk8Hk4XuA

Another Honda Prelude, this time a 4th Gen.  I built another 4th Gen about 20 years ago but I don't think it was the same kit as this.

y4mNrlE1MJh2T_8yww_jjLyLjmCny1IJ2v9r1P2B

Inside the box.  I'm tempted to paint this one silver when I get around to building it.

• Like 4

When I came across Ebbro's forthcoming 1/20 Lotus 33 on HobbyLink Japan a couple of weeks ago, I preordered one and in a rush of blood to the head, I backordered one each of Nunu's 1/20 McLaren MP4/2C kits & the accompanying detail set.

It'll be a while, I told myself, before the credit card takes the hit.

Well, the while was a short one. The McLaren stuff now sits in my private warehouse at HLJ!

In other news, my nice postie did deliver a parcel yesterday which slipped through Royal Mail's system with no VAT & handling fee. It contained a Fujimi 1/20 FW14B & a Lotus 97T. They took 3 months exactly by surface mail after Hobby Search cleared their postal backload in March.

Am I now expected to build some of this stuff? 🤔

Phil.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I've given in to temptation

@johnlambert Thought you might! 😄. I bought the fujimi prelude window masks thinking they might work on mine but they don't... Happy to pass them on to you if you're interested.

Nick

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fnick said:

@johnlambert Thought you might! 😄. I bought the fujimi prelude window masks thinking they might work on mine but they don't... Happy to pass them on to you if you're interested.

Nick

That would be great, thanks :)

15 hours ago, Six97s said:

The El Camino is great, other than having to deal with the seams around the bed.   The Revell '29 is a good parts kit - finally there's a source for a dropped beam axle with split wishbones - still, the ancient AMT kit has the more accurate body.  Revell's suffers from the usual "3D modelled by someone who's never seen the real thing" maladies, so the cowl and raised body mouldings are a bit clunky and squared off.  I think there's something to be said for the old school carved wood patterns.

Thanks for the information regarding the kits 👍. Tbh I open the box glue the parts together and paint them if the kit is not entirely accurate then so be it I'm not really a stickler for details 🙂👍

• Like 3

Not a purchase, but a very kind gift from @Marco F. ;

Marco wheels

I mentioned in another thread that if I could find suitable hubcaps I'd like to build an early 911 with steel wheels using the rim 'faces' Fujimi give in the EM 911's grafted to some tube - however Marco saved me the trouble by sending me some 356 rims too....!! :)

I bought a started and painted (in brown!) Fujimi 911S at a show some years back for a fiver! It appeared to be painted in enamel and not knowing if brake fluid would take that off I've been sanding the paint off and it's now nearly ready for primer and painting - I think - in dark blue.

Many thanks again Marco :thumbsup:

Keith

• Like 5

Some more I bought last month.

spacer.png

Plan on getting one Impala for each year between 58-67 then hopefully display them together one day. But I have a feeling they will stay in the box until my retirement in +30 years...Right now I have 59-60 and 64-66. If anyone knows where to get Revell's 58 at a reasonable price please let me know. Found one on eBay but it is 50 EUR shipped and I am not that desperate yet.

• Like 5

Keith 

it's my pleasure to support (and push 😇🤗) your early 911s project. 

Concerning the old paint on the body, I found out that that several Fujimi bodies didn't like the brake fluid treatment 

Marco F 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Concerning the old paint on the body, I found out that that several Fujimi bodies didn't like the brake fluid treatment 

Thanks for the heads up Marco, tbh I don't think I've tried stripping a Fujimi body before so I'll bear that in mind for the future. 👍

Keith

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Keith 

it's my pleasure to support (and push 😇🤗) your early 911s project. 

Marco F 

Hey Marco where's my gift 🙄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thanks for the information regarding the kits 👍. Tbh I open the box glue the parts together and paint them if the kit is not entirely accurate then so be it I'm not really a stickler for details 🙂👍

I'll try not to count rivets then. 😬  They look fine OOB, I just got bogged down with mine reworking it into something like Paul Hannan's roadster - https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=21552.    I spent far too long correcting the raised rear wheelwells, enthusiasm  waned and I put it back in the box... might dig it out again for a look.

29rdstr04-vi.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Six97s said:

I'll try not to count rivets then. 😬  They look fine OOB, I just got bogged down with mine reworking it into something like Paul Hannan's roadster - https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=21552.    I spent far too long correcting the raised rear wheelwells, enthusiasm  waned and I put it back in the box... might dig it out again for a look.

29rdstr04-vi.jpg

Don't get me wrong I respect the extra effort and skills you add to your builds but it simply isn't for me. Some of the work and extra detailing shown on this forum is astounding and I genuinely enjoy watching others create a masterpiece. However I like to build a kit and move onto the next one my stash is not massive and my kits don't sit on the shelf for very long but like I say it's just the way I like to work and most of all I enjoy it this way 🙂👍

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Andy J said:

My finger slipped....again 🙄

I know how easily it can happen. Almost happened to me last night but I managed to stop myself. Bel Air from the 50's look really good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dbostream said:

I know how easily it can happen. Almost happened to me last night but I managed to stop myself. Bel Air from the 50's look really good.

I have a colour in mind for the Bel Air which will probably be about as popular as a f##t in a spacesuit but I think it will work 😉👍