What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

No photos as they're all hidden in the loft... 

1/24 Belkits metro 6R4 Rothmans

1/24 Belkits vw polo (white one) 

1/24 Fujimi Mk3 VW Golf VR6

1/24 Tamiya Ferrari LaFerrari yellow

1/24 Tamiya full view lexus LFA

1/24 Tamiya R34 Nissan skyline GTR

1/24 Tamiya R35 Nissan GT-R

1/24 Tamiya Toyota Supra (modern) 

1/24 Tamiya Mclaren Senna

1/16 Revell VW Samba bus

The lexus is not staying clear, I just could not find a normal one at a reasonable price. Also I have a plan for a paint job on the Golf and the Polo. (I'd prefer a Mk3 polo, but I don't think there is a kit of it) 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Roo said:

No photos as they're all hidden in the loft... 

Did you sneak them in through the back door under cover of darkness? 😉 

• Haha 5

Hey John! That's fantastic, even so I think my skills are not on a MFH level now...but I'm looking forward to follow your WIP and I'm quite sure you will make a beauty out of it 

Cheers 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

I tried for an Airfix Beach Buggy on the bay. Just the shell, screens, and running gear. No chassis & a couple of other bits.

I have an Airfix Beetle in a bag bought for a couple of quid so that was to be the donor. just like the real thing.

But I got beaten as it went for just over 22 quid. Ah well, it was only going to be a nostalgia build anyway.

7 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I tried for an Airfix Beach Buggy on the bay. Just the shell, screens, and running gear. No chassis & a couple of other bits.

I have an Airfix Beetle in a bag bought for a couple of quid so that was to be the donor. just like the real thing.

But I got beaten as it went for just over 22 quid. Ah well, it was only going to be a nostalgia build anyway.

I might be imagining it Pete, but aren't Airfix re-releasing the Beach Buggy?

Keith

Yep :  https://uk.airfix.com/products/beach-buggy-a02412v

51 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Harlequin?

Yep. Zero paints do a harlequin set, so I'm doing them both in the colours. The Golf was released as a harlequin in the states anyway, even if no one bought them, so thats legit. 

I'll just have to improve my non existant masking skillsspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

What were they thinking? I know what I was thinking when I first saw one, back in the day.....

I remember thinking 'imagine the cost of a repaint if some twa... idiot keys the side!' ..... 🤣

K

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I remember thinking 'imagine the cost of a repaint if some twa... idiot keys the side!' ..... 🤣

K

I don't think you'd need to bother . Just go round to the scrap yard, buy some random second-hand panels and bolt them on . Whatever colour they were , it couldn't look any more ridiculous than it does from the factory . Why anyone would want to drive round in a car which looks like it's been vandalised and repaired with second-hand panels they couldn't afford to paint is a complete mystery to me .

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

I don't think you'd need to bother . Just go round to the scrap yard, buy some random second-hand panels and bolt them on . Whatever colour they were , it couldn't look any more ridiculous than it does from the factory . Why anyone would want to drive round in a car which looks like it's been vandalised and repaired with second-hand panels they couldn't afford to paint is a complete mystery to me .

It's one of those things. It's different to look at (why I thought I'd have a go at painting it) , but to own one is another matter. 

Outside of 'wacky' children's entertainers I can't see a market for it. 

The polo version in europe sold around 4,500, where the golf in the US only sold 264, and some of those had their panels swapped back so they were one solid colour. 

There is one guy who had four of the golfs, one of each combination (surprisingly it was not done at random). 

• Like 2

On 02/04/2021 at 13:10, Stef N. said:

I took the plunge and ordered a few kits direct from Japan. So far I have saved a nice bit of money on what I could have paid for over here but I will have to see if I get hit by any extra costs and then figure out if it was worth it.

Well they arrived and only 20 days which isn't bad at all imo. I wasn't hit with any extra costs so worked out well, price wise. Would I do it again? Yes, I'd still rather give local shops my business but if there is a hard-to-get kit then I'd have no problem using our Japanese friends.

p?i=232d29652fdab35de2590658da360004

Hopefully they won't persuade me to take up smoking again.😀

• Like 4