What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

3 hours ago, dbostream said:

Wanted the Cuda for a long time. Shipping fee was the same for multiple kits so got a few more.

spacer.png

Like this selection. Only have experience of the Cuda, and it's a good kit which I probably didn't do justice to. Just take care with the rear valance - I had trouble getting that to fit. Now I know to check the fit before painting, shame it didn't occur to me back then.

6 hours ago, dbostream said:

Wanted the Cuda for a long time. Shipping fee was the same for multiple kits so got a few more.

The Camaro and the Charger are very good.   The Mustang and Cuda bodies have some problems... depends how critical an eye you have.

Edited by Six97s

Not a kit, but- I'm fascinated by seeing more and more modified Hot Wheels diecasts. They seem tiny to me so how are they done? I'll have to look on YouTube to see if they are any on video. So whilst shopping at Tesco's this morning I spotted this Porsche 914 in Safari form.

photo-th.jpg                           photo-th.jpg

At just £1.50 I'm also surprised to see them at this cheaper price. 

• Like 3

Not a kit , but for a kit . Renaissance decals to convert Belkits  Ogier Red Bull Ford Fiesta WRC into Elfyn Evans Wales Rally GB 2017 winning car . Placement guide not included ...... some are obvious though . Bought from Spotmodels . 
  Gary . 
51105407051_062f84dffb_c_d.jpg

• Like 4

I have bought the Ferrari 288 GTO from Fujimi

Nice Kit - but there are no instructions for the engine which is included!

This was the one and only Ferrari group B.spacer.png

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Andreas.R said:

This was the one and only Ferrari group B.

Actually 308 (B-220. B-236, B-241) was also homologated in Gr.B, but I think this was transfer from Gr.4 originally and later ones were extensions. Need to check one day.

Also F40 (B-293) is listed, but homologation date for that is December 1989 and I haven't ever fully understood purpose of that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a random subject , but who would have thought you could buy a 2 nd division World Rally contender to build as a kit even a few years ago . Looks top quality , plenty of detail , decal window masks and a clear view sump guard ! 
51115910071_8676223e28_c_d.jpg

One to be built I think 

Gary . 

• Like 6

On 4/12/2021 at 4:51 PM, Andreas.R said:

I have bought the Ferrari 288 GTO from Fujimi

Nice Kit - but there are no instructions for the engine which is included!

This was the one and only Ferrari group B.spacer.png

You can find the engine instructions in the hi res images for this version of the kit at HobbySearch:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/image/10107434
Best,

M.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Bit of a random subject , but who would have thought you could buy a 2 nd division World Rally contender to build as a kit even a few years ago

And Belkits have announced a Maxi Megane and Clio Maxi from the same 'kit car' formula - really hope they come out too! I've built a resin Xsara kit car which Philippe Bulgalski drove to win the last WRC event to be won by a two wheel drive car and hope to build the Pug to sit next to it this year!

Keith

• Like 4

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

And Belkits have announced a Maxi Megane and Clio Maxi from the same 'kit car' formula - really hope they come out too! I've built a resin Xsara kit car which Philippe Bulgalski drove to win the last WRC event to be won by a two wheel drive car and hope to build the Pug to sit next to it this year!

Keith

The kit car rally formula was great , basically rally prepared touring cars beating the 4wd opposition on tarmac rallies ! 

I think Peugeot have as good a rally history as Ford . Always producing winning cars of their eras , and , unlike Ford , doing it properly , not half hearted . 

Gary . 

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 12:54, Vesa Jussila said:

Not most detailed kit in the world. But this came to home with me. Let see what I can do from that.

pswi6Q8.jpg

I had one of these turn up today . I have to say I was surprised at how crude it was in places - in some respects the 1/43 version is better !!  Still , should be a fun project , though I'm still debating whether to build it as a road car or the rally version as supplied .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

I have to say I was surprised at how crude it was in places - in some respects the 1/43 version is better !!

I think civil car is easier to make from this kit. Engine is very simplified, roll-cage is mostly missing, seats are wrong, doors need work inside. But as you said funny project. This is modelling.

This came today, as a life long Caterham obsessive it was always going to happen, even more so when it comes with the exact wheels that are fitted to my car.  When I first ordered it I did think it was a bit too expensive,  however now its arrived and I can see the quality and there's also a lot more in the kit than the photo on the website eludes to.  So I most definitely stand corrected, thank you @mbdesignart

p?i=c5d8ce29010bb917d5ab18c31fc80c84

p?i=18245079ef54de708384da7119ac20e9

• Like 5

I recently received the C1 MGB GT conversion kit for the Aoshima roadster. What a beautiful casting - incredibly thin. Came with a left-hand drive dash. It’ll be built as the Pale Primrose ‘68 U.S. spec car I owned when I was attending college.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Toftdale said:

This came today, as a life long Caterham obsessive it was always going to happen, even more so when it comes with the exact wheels that are fitted to my car.  When I first ordered it I did think it was a bit too expensive,  however now its arrived and I can see the quality and there's also a lot more in the kit than the photo on the website eludes to.  So I most definitely stand corrected, thank you @mbdesignart

Thanks for the mention and I'm glad you like the product. Looking forward to seeing which version you end up building.

• Like 1

Today my Motobitz Super7 transkit arrived together with the Transit phase 1 parts and a set of numberplate decals. I'm so happy everything is, again, a fantastic quality. I recommend these kits for everyone who is interested in classic British cars 

Marco F 

• Like 3

I picked up a few things this week.

y4mSRPmeWLrxEUrcbEfCaL3rDOxb_JTR7HBs-P_Q

I asked my local model shop to put the Jaguar kit aside for me before the lockdown and when I saw the Fiat kit I thought it would go nicely with my Tamiya 1960s 500s.  I also picked up a few bits for my N gauge model railway.

• Like 3