What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Today I picked up one of the grail kits of 1/32 cars; an Airfix Lotus Cortina.

A fellow club member offered it to me. He started the kit years ago and isn't interested in finishing it. All he's done is painted the bonnet black and slapped some green on the sides - all easily cleaned off.

I offered a reasonable price for it and he accepted

Now, its mine . . . . MINE! I tell you. . . all mine!

• Like 3

spacer.png

That is the car I really wanted to get my hands on. Well the revell version actually but this one will do nicely! 😁

Seller has already painted the body ( and done a good job of it but it's not the colour I will go for so it will have to go) .

I really need to stop looking at eBay... My stash has doubled to two cars! 😂

Nick

Edited by Fnick
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

No kits, but a small parcel of paints from Gravity in Spain, mainly as a test to see what it's now like to buy from the EU and whether I'd get stung for customs and collection charges - answer was no problem in the delivery, shipping was no more expensive than before the B word, and there were no nasty surprise charges. Whether that continues to be so, remains to be seen!

Anyway, service from Gravity Paints and DHL was brilliant - order placed late on Monday 1st March, shipped on 2nd and delivered by DHL lunchtime on Friday 5th! Got 5 pots of paint, Porsche Mint Green, Rubystone Red and Lava Orange, and Calberson Red and Yellow for my next rally car build, the Italeri Renault 5 GT in Calberson (suprisingly!) colour scheme.

Keith

• Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 19:08, Fnick said:

spacer.png

That is the car I really wanted to get my hands on. Well the revell version actually but this one will do nicely! 😁

Seller has already painted the body ( and done a good job of it but it's not the colour I will go for so it will have to go) .

I really need to stop looking at eBay... My stash has doubled to two cars! 😂

Nick

I'm only sorry that I there is a one-click limit on the like button, I like that kit a lot!

I'm trying to hold off any kit buying but I did buy a lot of paint to help me complete some of the cars in my stash.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

No kits, but a small parcel of paints from Gravity in Spain, mainly as a test to see what it's now like to buy from the EU and whether I'd get stung for customs and collection charges - answer was no problem in the delivery, shipping was no more expensive than before the B word, and there were no nasty surprise charges. Whether that continues to be so, remains to be seen!

Anyway, service from Gravity Paints and DHL was brilliant - order placed late on Monday 1st March, shipped on 2nd and delivered by DHL lunchtime on Friday 5th! Got 5 pots of paint, Porsche Mint Green, Rubystone Red and Lava Orange, and Calberson Red and Yellow for my next rally car build, the Italeri Renault 5 GT in Calberson (suprisingly!) colour scheme.

Keith

Keith

Will you please let us all know how you get on with the Gravity Paints . I , for one , would be very interested . 

8 hours ago, rs2man said:

Keith

Will you please let us all know how you get on with the Gravity Paints . I , for one , would be very interested . 

Will do, but it'll take a little while, still can't get into my model room at the moment.

Don't know if you watch youtube vids, but Paul Bretland of International Scale Modeller who turns out some very nice car models now rates them as his favourite paint and he does get some excellent results with them.

Keith

A couple of interesting things arrived today:

kit-o-parts.jpg

The C1 Models transkit to turn an Aoshima MGB into a MGB V8 Coupe

body-from-front.jpg

body-from-rear.jpg

Looks very cleanly moulded and straightforward to use.

And then there's this:

box.jpg

I know these Hornby (Scalextric-derived) kits don't have the greatest reputation, but how else am I going to get a TVR on my shelves that's not a teeny-tiny resin or white metal kit? 😜

best,

M.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

A couple of interesting things arrived today:

kit-o-parts.jpg

The C1 Models transkit to turn an Aoshima MGB into a MGB V8 Coupe

Looks very cleanly moulded and straightforward to use.

I look forward to receiving mine but I am also waiting with horror to find out how much it will cost me because of Brexit. I pre-ordered back in December and forgot about Brexit.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, Vesa Jussila said:

These arrived just from post:

izVcYZp.jpg

Hello,

I have built the Lancia Delta S4 it has some issues which i referred in my post: 

Regards

Andreas

• Like 1

For my birthday these are on the way..

photo-th.jpg

And although 1/35th scale I'll build it as a surfboard carrier.

photo-th.jpg

• Like 3

These are what I bought over the last 4 months or so. All from Fleabay except the Senna. The Scaglietti also came with P/E parts attached to the box as part of the auction.

spacer.png

• Like 1