What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 2/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

I think this is more or less the last of these little gems I'm after: if I can find a VW T70 I'll have it, but the older French classics don't really appeal...*

best,

M.

Wasn't it a VW K70...? I used to own a silver one. One of the worst cars I've ever owned. Got rid of it in a matter of months from buying it.

I've been on a bit of a spending spree (again).

y4mKmCcFSqTfDieqh_Mvwb4Drl4temGmdAKHI0Rx

Does this need much introduction?  Although mid-engined sports cars aren't usually my thing, this has the James Bond connection and my resolve weakened.

y4mZKUEVcLlA75q4nAXiMYhh-H1w0u17dmVqOj23

A quick look in the box, it even has the right number plates.  If only someone did a 1/24 scale Ford Taunus to give chase ;)

y4mqPkn300PS1jeI3Jx3uEWBfsfBgB9aUsbxtM-1

This one is a kit I've wanted to track down ever since I saw a build thread on here.  Sealed, mint, untouched examples of this kit seem to go for (what I think is) silly money but this (and the Lotus) came via the forum classifieds.

y4mF6kjLcxyM17iZuXS3iklEiYO0CbzB7R1vhSRV

It's a very detailed kit (well, it has a high parts count) and came with an alternative set of wheels as the original tyres have degraded with age and the OE wheels weren't very nice on the 1:1 car and don't look very well reproduced in this kit.  For some reason BMW at the time equipped some of it's most prestigious cars (the original E34 M5 had a similar problem) with alloys that looked like cheap wheel trims.

• Like 6

I just bought the 1/16 Italari Mercedes Benz 300sl cabriolet. Super excited for it to arrive (supposed to be here on or before the 2nd) 

Anyone know of some good builds of it.

Congratulations...sorry right now I can't give you any tip. But in a scale auto issue was a restomod version a while ago...if I can find it I'll let you know. 

And I remember there was a wip somewhere...I'll keep an eye on this 

Marco F 

Picked up a total bargain over the weekend.  For some reason , Creative Models were selling on EBay the roadgoing version of the Heller  1/43 Renault 5 Turbo for the crazy price of £3.75 including postage.  Since they sent it Royal Mail 24 hour tracked , it must have cost them that much to post it .  Wanted one for a while so I'm a VERY happy camper at that price .

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Yeah, haven't opened it yet but I like the built kits I found while googling. Thought about buying two but got the Corvette instead. :) 

I'll have to keep my eye out for one to add to my stash.  I built two Tamiya 6-series back in my teenage years, I did the Group A racing car and even managed to get all the decals on pretty well, then I did the M635CSI but in some ways I'd rather build an ordinary 6-series rather than the more exotic M version.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I'll have to keep my eye out for one to add to my stash.  I built two Tamiya 6-series back in my teenage years, I did the Group A racing car and even managed to get all the decals on pretty well, then I did the M635CSI but in some ways I'd rather build an ordinary 6-series rather than the more exotic M version.

I too built the Tamiya racing 6 series back in my youth . All the decals went on well ; now they are all cracked and yellow . A shame .  Always thought of the 80s  6 series as my guilty favourite car . 
Gary . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Glutton for punishment, do I hear you say...?

box-XL.jpg

best,

M.

If that's the one which was on eBay, I saw that and my first thought was "I wonder if Matt will turn up with this in the 'What have you bought?'" thread :laugh:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Not more than this, I hope:

Oh wow... that's nice! I haven't been following WIP's as of late, been a bit short on time. I'd have seen it pop up in the RFI eventually. Are you starting the Vauxhall after this one? 

• Thanks 1

I've not been building lately, but I couldn't resist buying some... I've had my eye on this fine beast for a while. This is the recent re-release with new and improved parts including a hardtop version. 

20210224212826-e5524884-me.jpg

It's looking very military like this, but as I've done before I'm going to make a post-war civilian version. There are a couple of choices in the box, but I'll be going for the red and green one. 

20210224212827-3e9dc6e1-me.jpg

This is a transport company and I also have the trailer to go with it. 

20210224212827-e9b387b1-me.jpg

This should turn out nicely with my MiniArt Dozer on it!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Spiny said:

If that's the one which was on eBay, I saw that and my first thought was "I wonder if Matt will turn up with this in the 'What have you bought?'" thread :laugh:

Indeed it was. It’ll need a careful trawl through the contents like the Ghost... I’m sure all the pieces are present and correct, but they are distributed through the box instead of being in their official slots. It’s a useful exercise to identify them and separate into bags for each key stage, anyway...

best,

M.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Glutton for punishment, do I hear you say...?

box-XL.jpg

best,

M.

Another one I'd like to get.

However I've been buying...

y4m6PXPpe8mimq_Om3_ivQLxKJkhX_FTNVylhPdP

I liked the last two I built, so I thought I'd get another, The seller offered me a deal on Buy it Now on eBay, I countered with a slightly lower offer that was accepted.  I might try converting this one to right-hand drive and I think maybe a nice, cheerful red paint job.

y4m-Qb73JIVfHgaMiQB1iD_tqdZWTyE-PUWnly0x

Another kit I've been after for a while; Fujimi's highly-detailed Ferrari 365 GTB/4.  Unlike the Airfix kit, which depicts a car with alloys but only has wire wheels in the box, this shows a car on wires but comes with both wheel options.  This one probably won't be bright red, maybe a blue with light tan/cream interior?

• Like 7