What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Finally managed to snag this one for less than £10 on eBay:

heller-604.jpg

I think this is more or less the last of these little gems I'm after: if I can find a VW T70 I'll have it, but the older French classics don't really appeal...*

best,

M.
(*) In 1/43: I’ve got the Citroen TA and DS in 1/24 already... plus a Range Rover, Land Rover and several Minis 

• Like 5

Went on a bit of a binge, Tamiya McLaren MP 4/4 waiting on some more parts for it. 

Aoshima Lamborghini Aventadore, started yesterday. 

Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 

Tamiya Mercedes 300SL, mostly completed, waiting for a new body from Japan, long story nearly turned into a convertible. 

Edited by Kevlar212

I'm watching what will be my first F1 kit purchase on Ebay, if it stays within my budget I'm willing to pay.  Just hope I'm not competing with any other BM members, but if so may the best man or woman win :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'm watching what will be my first F1 kit purchase on Ebay, if it stays within my budget I'm willing to pay.  Just hope I'm not competing with any other BM members, but if so may the best man or woman win :D 

Well if we don't know what you're going for we won't know will we 😉

1 hour ago, Nick Belbin said:

Well if we don't know what you're going for we won't know will we 😉

Ha fair, I just kept it a mystery because anyone who wants it is entitled to bid.  I didn't want to look like I was hinting at others to not bid.  If I miss out it won't be the first, and sure as hell won't be last.  I already have 13 various unbuilt kits in the stash so I'll get over it, I just hope if I don't get it that I do see it appear in this thread :D 

Whats really grinding my gears right now is not being able to get a PS5, been sat on the money since Xmas day (courtesy of the better half) but the scalper problem is making my blood boil 😡

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Hahahahahahaha.... knew you wouldn't be able to leave cars alone for ever!! 🤣  Have to admit I thought you'd already built one of those though? :hmmm:

Keith

No mate I haven't built one of these.......yet 🙂👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andy J said:

No mate I haven't built one of these.......yet 🙂👍

Was it an older model Skyline with big arches that you painted blue then? Or am I imagining that too?

Looking forward to seeing this one built, one day... :)

K

• Like 1

18 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Was it an older model Skyline with big arches that you painted blue then? Or am I imagining that too?

Looking forward to seeing this one built, one day... :)

K

I think you're referring to this one Keith 🤔 

spacer.png

• Like 2

On it's way from Hiroboy in Cheltenham for my birthday next month(17th St Patrick's Day) only 73!

photo-th.jpg

• Like 5

After a fair amount of looking on EBay, I finally acquired a 1/32 Airfix Lotus Cortina at a price I was prepared to pay.  Only slight problem was that the vendor sent it via those imbeciles at Hermes , who just dumped it on somebody else's doorstep without so much as knocking , then sent a message saying they'd delivered it to me .  It was only by the greatest of good fortune that my neighbour realised it had been dropped on her doorstep before one of the local scrotes nicked it , then passed it on to me  . Frankly , it amazes me that Hermes remain in business when they're so utterly useless . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rs2man said:

Frankly , it amazes me that Hermes remain in business when they're so utterly useless . 

I think that purely depends on your local driver - our guy is excellent - puts the parcel on the doorstep, knocks, steps away. waits for an answer then takes the pic of the pacel and says a cheery good bye! 

Now I've said that they'll probably put some new guy on our route....!! 

Nice buy with the Cortina, I've given up looking!

Keith

• Like 1

On 11/02/2021 at 18:41, Andy J said:

Old habits die hard i suppose 😉👍

We don't mind if you stray into the vehicle section every now and then Andy... just don't tell your friends on the other side 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I think that purely depends on your local driver - our guy is excellent - puts the parcel on the doorstep, knocks, steps away. waits for an answer then takes the pic of the pacel and says a cheery good bye! 

Now I've said that they'll probably put some new guy on our route....!! 

Nice buy with the Cortina, I've given up looking!

Keith

Our Hermes lady is pretty good, but like the Royal Mail, she delivers to the address, not the person named.  I had one go to a house five doors away because the vendor got the first digit wrong.   I have to say, if you want useless, it's hard to beat UPS - phantom "attempted" deliveries, creeping up to the house and sneaking a "we missed you" slip through the letterbox instead of ringing the doorbell, multiple missed pickups, rescheduled deliveries -  they make Hermes look like the gold standard.

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Me too. And aeroplanes. And ships. And trains.

No wonder I never finish anything....!! 🤣

Keith

I don't like to paint car kits during the winter months the temperature fluctuations are to great imo....however when spring arrives it's a whole new ball game 😉👍

• Like 1