What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 12/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

So, this arrived today... a very impressive 6 days from HobbyEasy in Hong Kong into my hands:

big-box.jpg

What could be in this huge box that takes up my entire work bench?

gt40-box.jpg

And what could be in THIS huge box that takes up my entire work bench? These:

box-o-sprues.jpg

I might have to do the unboxing piecemeal... I don't think there's enough room for all the parts trees, etch, fabric, tubing etc on my bench...

best,

M.

I see that HobbyEasy now have the pre-coloured/painted version for pre-order ...

... at almost double the price of this one !!!!!!

Happy New Year to me, Happy New Year to me, Happy New Year - you get the idea. I just received the Feeling 43 kit of my favourite Ferrari - the 375 Plus. Oh lordy it's the eighth wonder of the World. I need to buy a second one to build so I can just gaze at the kit parts in this one.

P1130881

P1130881a

P1130924

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When Tamiya last re-issued their 1/12 934 kit, I hoped that the 935 would follow and it did. 

I picked one up after Christmas on sale so I'm a happy camper. 

PXL_20210117_175219427-600x450.jpg

When Tamiya last re-issued their 1/12 934 kit, I hoped that the 935 would follow and it did. 

I picked one up after Christmas on sale so I'm a happy camper. 

PXL_20210117_175219427-600x450.jpg

• Like 4

It's taken a while but I've started buying kits again.

y4my0qZK47c_H1LDT-P4vLGwXdD7W1EfqqEBmjGk

I probably paid over the odds for this, but it's not an easy kit to find and with Nectar points the actual cost to me wasn't too bad.  It;s a bit galling that there's a Beatie's sticker on the instructions that suggests the kit was once reduced to clear.  Just like a real 500 in Italian city traffic this one has somehow made it's way to the front of the queue to get built.

y4mIcRiYo1a9JZUN1OZnorqrsfrIyb3TKTa3j1Lh

Proof that my interests run somewhat wide, if the FIat is small and curvy (and the real thing is slow) this is big, square (and the real thing is fast).

• Like 6

Another kit that I wish Tamiya would re-release, and one that I regret having to sell a few years back when very skint.  Sadly Tamiya's output of newly tooled classic cars has been very sparse since that series back in the '90s - there may have been a couple others, but only one that springs to mind since then is the 300SL.

Here are three recent eBay buys I splurged on to fill out my early 60’s  super stock drag car collection,

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Being an optimist, I’m hoping to attend the IPMS US nationals in Las Vegas in August and am thinking of entering in the “collection” category a group of 12-16  1/25 super stock drag cars from 1961 -1966. I already have eight completed. I know there’s not as much interest in American drag racing subjects in this forum but if there are a few of you interested (Johnlambert?) I will try to post the above builds as I go. Here’s the last one I just just finished, Lindberg’s ancient ‘64 Dodge Ramchargers hemi SS (built in parallel to the ‘61 Pontiac I posted I. RFI last week). John

spacer.png

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, nearsightedjohn said:

I know there’s not as much interest in American drag racing subjects in this forum

John, keep them coming, Mate. I love these early power machines for the looks and their mechanical excess'. 

You could well develop a following here if they are all as good as what you've shown so far.

The Dodge Ramcharger. Fell out of the ugly tree, but, what a machine!

40 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

John, keep them coming, Mate. I love these early power machines for the looks and their mechanical excess'. 

You could well develop a following here if they are all as good as what you've shown so far.

Agree with all that Pete said!

Keith

• Like 1

Got the kit and that sheet Gary, just need to get around to building it! Oh, and deciding what to do for paint - can't decide if I really like the Zero set as I saw the real car many times on events back in the day and memory tells me the yellow looked different. But then it may not be wise to trust my memory these days....!! 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Got the kit and that sheet Gary, just need to get around to building it! Oh, and deciding what to do for paint - can't decide if I really like the Zero set as I saw the real car many times on events back in the day and memory tells me the yellow looked different. But then it may not be wise to trust my memory these days....!! 

Keith

Seen the Andrews Mantas at Historic Shows but they always bring back memories of ITV World of Sport British Rally Championship reports back in the 80s . 3 wheeling on the Ulster and Manx rallies.  

Gary  . 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 19:02, Pete in Lincs said:

Nooo, it's a thing of beauty.  ❤️   Even I would draw the line at the '62 Dodge though.  😬

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rs2man said:

Today I received the latest reissue of the 1/20 Tamiya Fiat 131 Abarth . Looks a very nice kit and reasonably priced - mine was from EBay at less than 40 quid delivered .

Ooh mine was shipped this week from Spotmodel pre-order. It should be here any day.

• Like 1

I had one of the original releases of the 131 and sold it years back as it just wouldn't have looked right amongst all the 1/24 rally cars. Luckily it's not one I've ever regretted getting rid of, so don't feel the need to buy another one!

Wish they'd re-release the Sierra RS's though....!!

Keith

• Like 1

Despite my best intentions of not buying any more car kits (well, at least until the Belkits Ascona 400 is out!!) the postie just left this on the doorstep;

IMG_20210205_125748740

However, there is a particular reason behind the madness of adding yet another 911 to the too many already in the stash. I recently came across the remains of one of the now practically unobtainable Tamiya standard versions of the 996 model 911's that my son had bought and started many moons ago;

IMG_20210205_125854549

I thought only the shell was left, so have been using it as a paint mule, hence it has some crazing of the plastic on the roof -the black paint is a guide coat to show what needs fixing - but then I found all the interior and glazing parts, but can't find the running gear. Being too tight to rob the GT3 kit of parts to build the standard car and waste the rest of the kit, I intend to use the parts to make templates for the missing ones.

Keith

• Like 2