What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Just now, Alan R said:

I always wanted the Ford Cortina in this series. I had it as a kid, but have only ever seen instructions for it for sale on eBay!

Cheers,

Alan.

I have one of these too, plan on converting it into a 2 door. Still have some spares from my original one. My second car was a Mk1 Cortina.

Also I have a FROGspawn 1/16 E Type.

• Like 2

The BM Heller GB is currently having a negative effect on my wallet. Too many times I am browsing the build threads and gallery and then get out my wallet!

My latest arrival is the Heller 1/24 Renault R8 Gordini (80700)
Img_8372.jpg

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Christmas is early!😁. Been trying to win one of those at auction for a while but never did. So when it came up I asked my wife if she'd be happy to buy that for me for Christmas. She said yes. Told her I'd wait till the end of the auction to see if it hadn't sold to make an offer. She said don't be silly risking losing it for a few extra quid just buy it now. So I did! 😀

spacer.png

Still need to check all is there properly but at first very quick glance it is. Decals are yellow but knew that from auction description so replacements are on their way.

Nick

• Like 11

After getting the 1/12th FW14B a few weeks ago I decided that it would look out of place in the cabinet on its own, so I found this at the right price to balance it up a little :) 

Tyrrell

• Like 5

A couple more purchases from eBay.

I got another Airfix 1/32 Ford Tractor & 40' Trailer (16401-4):
Img_6872.jpg

And an Airfix 1/32 Jaguar 420 (M301C). This was short-shot on the driver's door and has a wheel hub missing but they will be easy to fix:
Img_8398.jpg

I had placed quite high maximum bids on each but I was able to get both for less than one of the maximum bids I had placed on each of them. In fact, I got both for less than I had paid for a Ford Tractor & Trailer earlier in the year. In my eyes, a great result.

Dave

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, davecov said:

I got another Airfix 1/32 Ford Tractor & 40' Trailer (16401-4):

Just noticed the irony there - a Ford truck hauling around the Ferrari race team!

Another couple of nice buys there Dave!

Keith

Edit - also just noticed the Woolworths price sticker on the Jag - that brings back some happy memories (although usually from pre-decimalisation days! :) )

• Haha 1

From good old ebay UK, half shop price, box opened but all sealed in bags....not everybody's cup of tea, but to me quirky!

photo-th.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, Six97s said:

How about Amazon, foregoing packaging altogether?

20201103_112843-vi.jpg

Classic Fujimi 1:16 Ferrari Testarossa. nice expensive kit. Or it would have been had the auction taken it there, I sniped it in the last few seconds, so he had no time to bid it up.

So he just tapped the box closed, stuck an address label on it and posted it.

Still looking for a kit for the collection but now I have a nice cheap one I dont mind building :) 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:48 PM, Marco F. said:

Yeah, the Mehari is a cool beach car. 

I was always thinking of buying one in 1 :1

Marco F 

So have I for many years but a Manx Buggy would have to come first early in our married life we had 5 Beetles in the family!

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2020 at 18:16, PatW said:

From good old ebay UK, half shop price, box opened but all sealed in bags....not everybody's cup of tea, but to me quirky!

photo-th.jpg

I look forward to the build thread; I'd quite like a Mehari (a real one, but they're silly money) and the kit is probably as close as I'll get.

I know quite a lot of the vehicle guys hang around here, so I just want to butt in a moment to flag up a potential Group Build that may be of interest. 

It's now in the voting stage (bun fight) and needs voting up. 

It's for Racers, classic /modern etc and there's so much scope for the "vehicles fellas "

I'm in the Heller Classic Group Build at the moment and there are some GREAT cars getting done! 

But Racers is a real opportunity for the cars to really take over. I know some of you like the looooooong project, but there'd be a window of 3 months or more. 

If you fancy it, get over there and get your vote in ‼️😇🏁

I've been a bit extravagant on eBay

y4mbiXJLztZePdWHS164bnv1r-Oe4IWoSBtOWU1L

This was quite reasonably priced, so I couldn't resist even though I've already got one.

y4mL4eDexlf3fBInnjdwSRvtRs-0-ojf46dAHhLo

This seemed very reasonable at £20, Although I'm still on the lookout for a berlinetta.

y4mIfD0rpFqEizWjasunkM4l9EGA5YQNS_UGTOYO

This wasn't really cheap at all, except in comparison with the Model Factory Hiro kit of the Ferrari 250 GT SWB (although that version is mighty tempting).

• Like 7