What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

12 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Postie delivered my latest today: Le Mans Miniatures' 1/24 Bentley Speed 8. It's another resin beauty.

P1110718

Great kit - I got that one too last week.

I won't be building it for some time so I'll be watching yours with great interest.

Edited by roymattblack

46 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

Great kit - I got that one too last week.

I won't be building it for some time so I'll be watching yours with great interest.

I'm mid-MXR-01 at the moment and probably a few 1/43s before I get to this one!

16 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Postie delivered my latest today: Le Mans Miniatures' 1/24 Bentley Speed 8. It's another resin beauty.

P1110718

Nice kit, one of the Bentley EXP racing cars has gone on display at the British Motor Museum on temporary loan.

Edited by johnlambert
double post

spacer.png

My first (intentional) car kit purchase for many years - Hasegawa Porsche 968 from fleabay marked as for spares/repairs but it looked to be more or less complete. When I got it all the parts marked "not for use" had been removed - I think they are the ones relating to the Club Sport version - not a problem as I would like to build one of my standard ones. I've had 2, one each manual and auto, and regret selling them (but I don't miss the bills!).

Not being into car kits can anyone point me to general advice e.g. on how to paint leather seats, remove chrome and paint realistic wheels............ and is there a source for detailing parts? In particular I'd like to convert it to right hand drive which needs a new dash but the shape involved in that is beyond my scratchbuilding skills. An RHD 944 oval dash would also work.

• Like 1

I'll leave dash conversion to others, but best advice I can give is to start with getting the body sprayed, and if you're planning on building this this year get onto that soon - you really want the temperature to be above 10 degress and humidity not too high so unless you're spraying indoors winter spraying is limited.

Chrome is easily removed by soaking in household bleach unless you're really unlucky, leather seats usually turn out well by using satin finish paint. As for the wheels, it depends on the finish you want but I'd suggest spraying with silver or gloss aluminium paint if you want silver wheels.

• Thanks 1

I haven't posted here in a while unfortunately it is not because I haven't bought any new kits.

Got this one off Ebay, seller claimed it was complete but the decal sheet was missing. Could have been worse but it always annoys me when sellers don't check the kits properly took me 2 minutes.

spacer.png

These ones I got on sale from various European model shop websites.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

I have not decided yet either, but I think it will be either black/silver or red/white.

Classic choices, I quite like the metallic blue/white combination from the box top but I also saw a metallic light green with either silver or very pale gold side panels that also caught my eye, but no idea how I'd match the colour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Does anyone have any idea what this new product at Hiroboy is for?

https://www.hiroboy.com/Transformation_of_Copper_01--product--15386.html

Beats me!

Keith

No idea either, funnily enough I was about to ask exactly the same question. At least we can console ourselves that we're not being completely thick. (Or as a minimum, that we are equally thick😄)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was purchasing a few detailing parts from Hiroboy and decided I had enough money left in the bank at the end of the month to treat myself.

y4mnfC665o6hv-hpc_wSD5zZRR4eoDIDLTQpE_2P

I like Honda motorcycles and I like vehicles with engines where the cylinder count is a whole multiple of six, so a six-cylinder Honda bike is a must.  Pity the Tamiya detailing parts were out of stock; maybe I'll be able to get some elsewhere.  It'll be a while before I get round to this one.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Just got another one. As usual it's for the chop, see the weapons of choice, and much of it will remain unused. Awaiting materials for a big back end conversion to go with an EWB chassis conversion. There may even be a new grille too.

spacer.png

I'm looking forward to this one!

• Thanks 1