What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

18 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Probably nothing odd in this at all, but I was trying to work out which of these two to go with when I put the bid in. The decals look pretty good, and as I was tending towards JPS anyway I'm 99% certain that's what I'll go with.

May well have been - were you bidding on the one with the damaged box or the 'other one'? If it was the other one, then I don't know whether this will be good or bad news for you, but you were 25p away from the maximum I was willing to go to. :phew:

The one with the damaged box but as they say snooze you lose I fell asleep and missed the end of the auction 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My latest additions have arrived ,well I've built a few so they have to be replaced 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Should keep me busy for a while 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Should keep me busy for a while 🙂

Yup, at your rate definitely a week or three 😉 

• Haha 1

I've got a used TAMIYA Yamaha Virago XV1000 1:12 Model on its way from the bay. Still not sure why.....

Probably for use as spare parts in Sci Fi builds though.

• Like 1

As I can’t find a keenly priced Viper kit just for the engine, I’ve took a punt on a Bburago 1/24 diecast Viper to see if I can work the engine into a 1/25 68/69 Charger. Worth a try for 4 squids. 

Cheap viper

• Like 3

Over the last few weeks the only things I've bought have been 3 1/12 scale motorbikes - Tamiya Suzuki RGV Gamma (XR89) , Tamiya Honda CBR750R & Aoshima Kawasaki 900 Z-1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rs2man said:

Over the last few weeks the only things I've bought have been 3 1/12 scale motorbikes - Tamiya Suzuki RGV Gamma (XR89) , Tamiya Honda CBR750R & Aoshima Kawasaki 900 Z-1

Nothing wrong with that although I don't build many bikes I enjoy seeing them built on the forum 👍

I currently have 3 WIPs, with another build to start today. 

But.....1 is on hold until post lockdown,

1 is nearly finished

1 is looking like it won’t take much longer

and the one that’s starting today has a 1 month deadline.

So the bluebird could find its way to the bench around June

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cooper645 said:

So the bluebird could find its way to the bench around June

Good enough 😉 

• Like 1

Nice JDM selection there mate :) 

I'd plump for the 240z first to be honest, but your choice at the end of the day 

Looking forward to whatever you choose :) 

Ian

I have just bought - and started - a Heller 1/24 Honda NSR 500CC. :D

It's just a bit of fun as I plan to build it as a well known comic book character's vehichle - will post some pitures when it's done - am waiting for a figure to go with it.

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Oh yes, the Motobitz are looking real good,a big and real good change to the kit's one. The Motobitz wheels and rims are fantastic, I got two sets of the Ford RS wheels... OK its the german name for them, but I can't remember the original name of these rims...

Marco F

2 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Oh yes, the Motobitz are looking real good,a big and real good change to the kit's one. The Motobitz wheels and rims are fantastic, I got two sets of the Ford RS wheels... OK its the german name for them, but I can't remember the original name of these rims...

Marco F

I 've always known these wheels as Minilites . 

Gary . 

11 hours ago, Windy37 said:

I 've always known these wheels as Minilites . 

Gary . 

Motobitz do the 4 spoke RS wheels too, think they’re called Ronals on the site. I considered them for mine but thought they would look lost in the arches so stuck with the Minilites