What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

17 hours ago, Andy J said:

Latest rally stash purchases 

Both bargains from Ebay 🙂

I've got a couple of the Peugots as well, cracking little kits :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecov said:

Airfix 1/24 James Bond Special Agent 007 Aston Martin DB5 (823)
Img_7011.jpg

Wow! I had one of these when I was kid in the 60s.

Rarer than hen's teeth these days!

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

Been looking for one of these kits for ages now...

s-l1600

I have the similar Hasegawa kit in my stash for the years earlier, so might have to combine them.

This one was mainly for the RAC rally 1995 decals and correct bodywork etc.

I wonder how I can have the finished model in mid air so as to make it an authentic McCrae...? 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pau10wen said:

Been looking for one of these kits for ages now...

Still looking Paul, Ive been on the lookout for a while as well :) 

Ian

2 hours ago, pau10wen said:

I wonder how I can have the finished model in mid air so as to make it an authentic McCrae...? 😃

Mid air and upside down would be even more authentic! 

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

Hasegawa version is due for re-release;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HA20436?result-token=uFCvh

Rather more expensive than when I bought mine last century...!!

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alan R said:

Wow! I had one of these when I was kid in the 60s.

Rarer than hen's teeth these days!

Cheers,

Alan.

Nice, I wasn't aware of this version! I have the Revellogram reboxing of the Aurora DB-4. I just ordered 3D printed wire wheels with the 2 eared knock off hubs from http://www.3dmodelparts.com/.

I hope the Airfix engine is better than the Aurora version! The block, cylinder heard, intake manifold, carbs, and exhaust manifolds are ok, but those knuckleheads slapped a goofy US fan and alternator on front. :blink: They also messed up the boot, with the spare intruding half-way above the floor, as well as other bits that are Just Plain Wrong!

On 3/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, dnl42 said:

I hope the Airfix engine is better than the Aurora version! The block, cylinder heard, intake manifold, carbs, and exhaust manifolds are ok, but those knuckleheads slapped a goofy US fan and alternator on front. :blink: They also messed up the boot, with the spare intruding half-way above the floor, as well as other bits that are Just Plain Wrong!

Here is Section 1 of the instructions showing the assembly of the engine. Make of it what you will:

Img_7013.jpg

The depth of the spare wheel well is only two-thirds of the width of a tyre and it isn't wide enough for a tyre to fit into anyway.

Dave

22 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Ian

It popped up on ebay in France ian, and the price didn't go crazy

I'd have told you, but you'd have had a bid too, lol

• Like 1

Made me giggle keefr

Ahh, when I think back to rally Wales 2001 and that fateful corner. And poor old nicky grist having to sit through another roller-coaster ride 😂😂😂

And we still had a great British driver champion! What a year 

I have a different hasegawa one to that, maybe new Zealand 1993 or similar? Same kit different decals though, lol

Can't remember, it's in the stash though. 

• Like 1

Here’s my latest update. Pretty much sold all my aircraft kits now save for a couple of 1/48 SAAB aircraft and a Vulcan Pre-order. Definitely pitching up in the US Muscle car camp :)

Kits

Charger is the previously mentioned kit with the dodgy shell. Should hopefully have a new one coming from Revell but I’ve just got a big bunch of Charger spares of eBay, including a hopefully salvageable shell in case Revell don’t have spares 

• Like 4

Ooh, I like the look of the Revell Mustang.

My latest acquisitions:

Airfix 1/32 Morris Marina (03405-0):

spacer.png

Another Airfix 1/32 Lotus Cortina (M8C):

spacer.png

Another Airfix 1902 de Dietrich (79) and another Airfix 1/32 1907 Lanchester Landaulette (1394)

spacer.png

and finally, an MPC 1/32 Ford Capri (2-1013-125):

spacer.png

Dave

• Like 3

I have just been lucky in being in the right place at the right time, Keith. Self-isolation does have some benefits as I can spend more time on eBay.

Dave

• Like 3

I have an old Airfix Lotus Cortina that I tried to customise way back in the Sixties when easily available. Am now desperately putting right all the stupid things I did to it all those years ago now that the kit is a bit of a rarity. Fortunately I still had all the original bits to put back when I sort out the car body back to its original shape again.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, davecov said:

Airfix 1/32 Morris Marina

My first car was a Marina, although it was the later model with the spotlights in the grill and the blow moulded spoiler (it was a '79 T reg)  :)

Although mine was the lowly powered 1.3 not the mighty 1.8 twin carb monster as in the kit 😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Redstaff said:

My first car was a Marina, although it was the later model with the spotlights in the grill and the blow moulded spoiler (it was a '79 T reg)  :)

Although mine was the lowly powered 1.3 not the mighty 1.8 twin carb monster as in the kit 😂

It's probably just as well you had a 1300 - much safer than the 1800 TC .  When something handled as badly as a Marina , the last thing you wanted was more power !!

My dad had 2 1300 Marinas as company cars & somehow he managed to tow a 14 foot touring caravan .  Mercifully , if memory serves , you weren't allowed to tow a caravan at more than 50MPH in those days , which was probably just about all it would do 4 up with the 'van on the back

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, rs2man said:

It's probably just as well you had a 1300 - much safer than the 1800 TC .  When something handled as badly as a Marina , the last thing you wanted was more power !!

When I was 17 / 18 I was the best driver in the world and still the 1.3 outperformed my abilities on a regular basis 😂 so I probably wouldn't have coped with the TC

My second car was a 2 litre Cortina and that was even more fun in the rain ;) 

• Like 1

@dnl42 Hendie did a build of that DB4 on here a couple of years back. It'll be worth looking it up.

@davecov I still have an original instruction sheet for the 007 Aston. So that must be about 50 years old!

@chrisrope The Charger vinyl roof. Do I remember correctly that they were added because they changed the rear window and the joint was too rough to hide with just paint?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The Charger vinyl roof. Do I remember correctly that they were added because they changed the rear window and the joint was too rough to hide with just paint?

Don’t know about the rear window but there is a big seam on the C Pillar where the roof panel drops on. Easier to cover with a vinyl top than hide the weld line

https://barnfinds.com/single-family-find-1969-dodge-charger/1969-dodge-charger-440-2/

Edited by chrisrope
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rs2man said:

Although mine was the lowly powered 1.3 not the mighty 1.8 twin carb monster as in the kit

Many, many years ago my section leader at work had a 1.8TC. It was in a colour that we lovingly referred to as "pig poo yellow" (and that's the polite version) - you know the one I mean!😉

• Like 2

Way back in the seventies the company I worked for bad two pool cars, a Marina and a Maxi. I went for the Mazi every time. Hated driving the Marina. I can remember a BL tv advert for the Marina where it comes tearing out of a garage at breakneck speed probably by one of their works really drivers! If Joe Schmoe had been driving one like that they probably would have broken their neck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Way back in the seventies the company I worked for bad two pool cars, a Marina and a Maxi. I went for the Mazi every time. Hated driving the Marina. I can remember a BL tv advert for the Marina where it comes tearing out of a garage at breakneck speed probably by one of their works really drivers! If Joe Schmoe had been driving one like that they probably would have broken their neck!

There are times where predictive text can be unintentionally accurate - this seems like one of them 😄