What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

I have a pair of cheap pre-built Airfix Porsche 917's heading my way from the bay.

It looks like they'll need a 24 hour dunk in Dettol before I see what I've got!

(Do not put clear parts in Dettol!) Then I can decide what to do with them.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

They arrived today. No drivers and a couple of small bits missing, but I'm fairly chuffed.

You'll be cutting them into little bits and turning them into one of those Kreiger Maschinen as usual then I suppose Pete... :whistle:

• Haha 1

I managed to squeeze in a couple more models this year but now I am done for the year.

This Mustang was only 5 GBP on Ebay so I bought two, thought I could build one according to the instructions and have some fun with the other one.

spacer.png

Also got this one at a good price imo, I have not built a Jeep before.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Hm yes, I know what you mean, just squeezed a couple in myself. Because I loved building the MiniArt GAZ-AA truck I thought I'd continue the theme so this same in today:

49242363168_e7e1be0e91_z.jpg 

Earlier this week this came in:

49239125216_d2997c5565_z.jpg 

And I picked this one up at Euro Scale Modelling last month: 

49238643498_e7e0dee74f_z.jpg 

Now, to the untrained eye it might seem that I have developed a thing for 1/35 scale world war II era trucks that you can do in civilian livery, while in fact... well... oh dammit I have developed a thing for 1/35 scale world war II era trucks that you can do in civilian livery! Funny that you learn things about yourself as you get older. I would never have guessed. 

I'll be starting either the Hanomag or the KHD over the holidays... not sure which one yet. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So I received this from Santa as my brother in law reckons I have enough car kits ( I don't think I will ever have enough car kits imo ) Out of my comfort zone a little but should look ok finished in Midnight Purple and 2k clear 😃

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Couple of Lancias added to the stash

My son got me an Italeri Lancia Stratos rally for Christmas and as I'd got a bit of money in a card from a relative, I had a troll round and got a Hasegawa Lancia 037 at the right price to go with it :) 

My group B stash is expanding nicely, eagerly awaiting the 6R4 and RS200 we have been teased with for so long.........

Couldn't add any pics as phone doesn't want to transfer at the minute

Ian :) 

• Like 2

I'm entering this one in the Scandinavian GB, I do like a good '80's truck and the smaller scale suits me fine. 

49368376606_99da39ccd3_z.jpg

Now, I thought the box was quite heavy and much to my surprise this came out: 

49367922268_9231c3d012_z.jpg

A set of 1/32 scale logs! Heller must have had some poor intern selecting and cutting branches for each kit... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was pleased to pick up this locally at a bargain price 

IMG_20191216_222345

...... and I was delighted to find that the wheel and tyre set for the Ulenhaut Coupe is very good. 

And perfectly sized to share with this one.... 

IMG_20200111_231802

The Alfa is the SMER edition of the ancient Merit kit, and it was on hold while I tried to solve the wire wheels conundrum. 

I haven't given up the challenge completely, but for now I'm happy to share the wheels between the 2 cars. 

If only Revell would do a run of these, just the wheel sprue and the vinyl tyres, I'd have a bunch of them! 

• Like 2

Yet another one of these at less than 1/2 price as an 'already started', I just love the front auxiliary lamps for night stages!

photo-th.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Bought separately

1. a Lindberg 1/32 Mercedes 300SL, still in its shrink-wrapped box . . . . . . . . . . but not for much longer

2. a part started but complete Matchbox 1/32 MG TC. What has been started is done ok, just the engine into the chassis and some bits on the chassis. These MG TC kits are getting as hard to get as rocking horse poo so I didn't mind getting this part started one

5 hours ago, Black Knight said:

a Lindberg 1/32 Mercedes 300SL,

I picked up a Lindberg aeroplane kit once, and vowed never to touch the brand again! 

So I hope this is a rebox of somebody else's work. 

The MG sounds great. Hope to see it on here! 😎