What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

Wonderful Aston you bought.

If you really need to sell other models, I guess you will find here some people who will help you😁🤩.

Marco F

I guess I don't "need" to but I once told myself not to buy more models when my cupboard was full. Guess what it is more than full now. :)

6 hours ago, dbostream said:

Found this on ebay with a pretty low highest bid and could not stop myself from bidding. Now I need to start selling models again...

spacer.png

If you already know this, apologies, but be aware that’s the kerbside Doyusha kit that can also be had in a James Bond version with figures and gadgets. It has nothing in common with the earlier Airfix James Bond DB5 or DB6 kits. Shape wise it’s not bad, but you’ll need to sand the bejasus out of the slab sides to get the real thing’s curves... 

Best,

M.

• Like 1

Yes I know. The earlier Airfix one is crazy expensive from what I have seen I will settle for this one and my untrained eyes are not bothered by the misshape. Thanks for the input though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Recently delivered:

Bought from KingKit:

y4mnWY8So47Hi8WP-Zp6f1DGFQvlm4N_lHkYLmf4

It arrived well packed.

Although this kit is second-hand (pre-loved?), the box was un-creased and all the parts were there and still in their plastic bags.

Typical Tamiya quality mouldings (i.e. sharp, no flash) and easy to read instructions.

I always wanted one of the 1:1 Giulias, having fallen in love with Alfas after I bought a brand new Alfasud.

I think this is a close as I will get to one now, as decent condition ones are worth a mint. Having made a brief web-search, they seem to be going for between £40000 & £62000!

I'm really looking forward to starting on this. 

Cheers, Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Like 4

Congratulations Alan, this one is a real nice kit of a wonderful car!

Don't know what you are planning...but...

if you want to build something special, scaleproduction is offering a trans kit with big flares and add on wheels.

1685_0.jpg

I hope scaleproduction wont mind presenting the Item

Cheers

Marco F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alan R said:

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the info. I think this one is going to be more or less, stock.

It's a lovely little kit of a fabulous car... the only thing I would suggest is lowering the "sit" at the rear a little bit. It's very easily done by twirling a drill bit in the sockets on the rear wheel arches where the top of the shock/spring locates. An mm or so makes quite a difference to stance and raciness of the car without being OTT:

2-front-right-corner-people-shaped-X2.jp

best,

M.

• Like 5

Ok, a little update

Back in June another year of my life passed and I received this to add to the stash

bu20Qg5tFRceU9xK23N8SPu82aqDJeMKX_0oqfBc

Also found myself on eBay having a casual peruse for nothing in particular.

No I have a couple more kits in the stash.

first up - Mater from Disney Pixar Cars (being in recovery for work this will make a nice little addition to the desk)

ImLiBBgPBLRg-6nJVJv4esTpdMsE4dJar0qkx3Uc

and secondly - after a small bidding rivalry

A Jag E Type

XlGQ0GnPdwSCNXuUJeWrfkwCCkBIeikqTaXuILBk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No modelling this weekend, but on Friday a brace of Nissans arrived. They look quite simple kits so shouldn't be a 6-month timescale like the Skyline. And those two kits mean that my stash storage space is full now - I guess I'm going to have to operate a one-in one-out rule from now.

48625680763_d9968020d0_c.jpg

I went to the DAF museum a couple of weeks ago and they have some pretty nice trucks there. So of course that led to me wanting to build a DAF truck. And I found one too, for a good price on the second hand site. The kit is from 1983 and an absolute classic. 

48649130647_41739d3bb7.jpg

• Like 2

In the post this morning I received a Heller 1/8 Honda CB750 Four . I've been avoiding this kit as I thought it was the same as the 1/8 Airfix 750 Four , but I found out a couple of days ago that it isn't so decided I wanted one  . Seems like a nice enough kit & certainly better than Airfix's offering 

The classic Heller bike kits were fantastic, but keep in mind that they are not so easy to be build to look good....

But this challenge is the fun with the Heller kits, at least you'll get a kind model of a rare thing, bcs Heller so often chose special things for their brand.

I hope the company will keep enjoying us with nice models also in the future

Marco F

21 hours ago, Marco F. said:

The classic Heller bike kits were fantastic, but keep in mind that they are not so easy to be build to look good....

But this challenge is the fun with the Heller kits, at least you'll get a kind model of a rare thing, bcs Heller so often chose special things for their brand.

I hope the company will keep enjoying us with nice models also in the future

Marco F

I would agree that the Heller bike kits have the potential to be really great models but they are more difficult to build than they should be because of Heller's obsession with moulding all the hoses and cables and a number of other parts in soft plastic , which makes cleaning up the mould seams very difficult . Life would have been MUCH simpler if they'd used vinyl tubing and vinyl-coated wire like other manufacturers .  

Too many I suspect...  Most recent purchases are an old Revell Triumph TR8 coupe, which will become a drophead and the recently re-released Aoshima MGB.  I opted for the rubber bumper one, as it still includes all the parts for the chrome bumper version, plus the half tonneau cover which the chrome bumper doesn't have, as well as the newly tooled Rostyle steel wheels and rubber bumpers.  Haven't decided on which version to do (I have already built a chrome bumper one quite a while back in light blue) but this way I can still choose which options.

Others this year have been a Heller Renault 4, Revell Porsche 356 cabrio, ICM Ford Model T speedster, Hasegawa Lancia Delta Integrale, Italeri Alfa Romeo Giulietta spider and a resin road car interior for the Aoshima / Beemax Volvo 242 race car kit that I already have.  In the case of the latter, I am still deciding what to do about the wheels though as the resin Volvo Virgo wheels that are available seem a tad pricey for something I can 3D print myself at work, and if done myself, I can ensure that they fit whichever tyres I choose to use.

Of course, actually building some of them would probably be a good idea, and even better if I managed to complete the several half built car models that have been on the bench for ages.  Then there's the growing stack of plane & ship kits in the to-build pile (although massively outnumbered by the unstarted car models), and a couple of armour kits that I have just ordered.  Now just waiting for Revell's newly announced Land-Rover Series III 109 to become available... :rolleyes:

Edited by Paul H
typo
  • Like 1