What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

I've wanted one of these for some time. I drove something like it on the farm for a couple of months, during the practical bit of my agricultural business studies. I loved it. Except when it rained 😋

46436216165_d57458fe0c_z.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I've wanted one of these for some time. I drove something like it on the farm for a couple of months, during the practical bit of my agricultural business studies. I loved it. Except when it rained 😋

46436216165_d57458fe0c_z.jpg

May I suggest putting dual wheels on it:wicked:

9eQRUZvTrp1A95JrZIqhTECFYIFTpSz0_rJftutS

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spiny said:

May I suggest putting dual wheels on it:wicked:

You certainly may! That looks pretty bad indeed, I'll absolutely consider that. We call it "double air" over here (that's a literal translation). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alan R said:

That would go well with the Hasegawa Suzuki 380...

Cheers, Alan.

Yes , I thought that too ,  so I have one of those in the stash as well - got it from Hannants with 1/3 off as the box was damaged .  I also have an Aoshima Honda 400-Four .

23 hours ago, rs2man said:

I also have an Aoshima Honda 400-Four .

That was my first 'proper' bike. Loved it. Really sweet engine and fairly decent handling.

Loved it.

Cheers, Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I bought this cheaply off Ebay :

Eunos.jpg

I've always liked the MX-5 & have been toying with buying one of these Tamiya kits for ages .  What a really nice kit .

At the Stafford model show last Sunday , I came across this :

CB750F.jpg

I've always thought these big bike kits were too pricey for me , but this seemed very reasonable at 65 quid so I took the plunge .  For an old kit it's really very good .

Having looked at the instructions though , I'm now in something of a quandary - I'd intended to build it like the box top illustration shows with the black wheels & frame & silver engine , but you also get decals for the Bol D'Or 2 variant which has a red frame , red & white bodywork , gold wheels & a black engine .  Decisions , decisions .

• Like 1

Hi Lads, 

I had a bit of a meltdown I think, I was at a market today and found these two and actually bought them both :D I only wanted the Yamaha but the old bloke at the market would only sell them together.  He was tired of lugging them from boot sale to boot sale.

I'll probably only build the Yamaha, but I need to clear out a bigger bench before starting this beast !! :D

32556594887_382a67c919_b.jpg

46583400315_f3c4d75be8_b.jpg

• Like 2

A couple of additions, due to me getting one year older...

y4mUV7-bh6CGz-_q9rE9g3aEeHNTXQRh3ouJbMYL

y4m7O-Ba7h6zSNmfqjvE-A63BI6Wc1Fc7Ulv777U

I built the Jag over 30 years ago. Used auto-paints, which in those days were Cellulose. Guess what. After a while, the paint cracked and looked appalling... Cellulose paint was notoriously brittle. I used Humbrol enamels the next time. Never was as good though. The Cellulose paint had damaged the plastic. I wont be making that mistake with this little beauty. Zero paints do seem a bit more flexible.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 5

I bought this off E bay on Saturday. Arrived today . I secured it for only £23 , a bargain I reckon . Box looks it’s age , decals are a bit dry but everything else is in good condition . I built a clear bodied ESCI BMW M1 Procar years ago . It had Warsteiner decals and has retired to the loft ! 

Gary . 

46665302315_9dfc43c98b_z_d.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Windy37 said:

I bought this off E bay on Saturday. Arrived today . I secured it for only £23 , a bargain I reckon . Box looks it’s age , decals are a bit dry but everything else is in good condition . I built a clear bodied ESCI BMW M1 Procar years ago . It had Warsteiner decals and has retired to the loft ! 

Gary . 

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/04/09/a-bmw-m1-world-record-breaking-car-found-in-a-garage-in-london/ 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get hold of this little beauty on Hiroboy for only £17.99, an absolute bargain.  There is no engine detail and I intend to build it for my Brothers Christmas/Birthday present (time dependant).  We both owned MR2s a few years back and both still have fond memories of the cars and the show days.

yVj713qTZUyCrn9_6j6pAjvQznfw0_XeA-ajMJe9

2CLTMe2Eq4Z2yOCCU4MaxL8I89nGZlSYyBrSPDpA

• Like 1

From ebay, delivered today for just £8 plus postage................

photo-th.jpg

A possible race car?

• Like 2

Inspired by 1/35 truck builds, I couldn't resist this one... The quality of miniart kits should be very good is what I heard. The kit is very detailed, includes an engine and also PE. Even the furniture is included, as well as the carpets depicted in the box art 🙂

33870923028_ac846ec325_z.jpg

• Like 1