What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

On 12/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, FG2Si said:

I'm not sure what I was thinking but I picked up the Falken BMW M6 kit with the corresponding detail set.

IMG_20181220_214301-L.jpg

Looks like it should be a nice kit at least. 

Carl

I have the original REWE boxing - it's a nice kit with plenty of detail, especially with the detail PE set

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 6:30 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

SNAP... mine was £19.99 including postage from Amazon, of all places, inspired by this month's Octane. So it will be black over black with a black interior...

Also got the shipping notice for my Huracan Performante from HobbyEasy.

best,

M.

@cmatthewbacon Is that the Feb 19 edition with the yellow Porsche on the cover?

Regarding the 68 kit, the shell doesn't actually have a vinyl top even though it shows one on the box. Unless you fancy adding one somehow, it just has a smooth metal top. 

I would have swapped the vinyl topped shell from my 69 kit but I've already sanded it smooth 🤔

Well... I guess I am now officially leaning towards trucks... 

I got this one off the second hand, unbuilt. I thought it would be fun to try something quite small.... I'm more interested in the truck itself then in the tank trailer. 

45684493855_9884e071e4_z.jpg

Also, I've been looking for a Unimog on the cheap, and found it in this one, part of the chassis has been (sort of) built already, but no paint on it so I'll just carefully take it apart and start anew. I think I'm going to turn it into a camper, I saw a bunch of these trucks made into campers a while ago on an inpromptu campsite in a forest and they looked really cool.

45684493655_056ab14089_z.jpg

And last but not least I found the truck to match the Krupp Titan in my stash, it's a special edition (decals) of the Büssing 8000 S. I just love it, it's a huge box with a heap of parts. 

45684494075_724f925647_z.jpg

I think I'm settled for the next couple of years 🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I think I'm settled for the next couple of years 🙂 

And you'll probably be unique in the modelling world if that stops you buying more kits... ;)

Edited by Spiny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Picked these up during our trip to Edinburgh yesterday.  Two pretty decent kits for the price of a new Tamiya release.  The GT1 is really nicely detailed.  Don't know anything about it but it will be next up once I get the R35 completed.

2019-01-06_11-22-57

• Like 1

After waiting 30 years or more , finally this arrived today 

32777915708_eb01030325_z_d.jpg

I m currently building their Safari Rally Toyota Celica TC Turbo , and have my eyes on their Lancia Delta S4 . Happy times for rally car modellers . 

Gary .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Happy times for rally car modellers

Expensive times for rally car modellers too...!!

Keith, who's fighting the urge to get their Nissan 240RS to go with the quattro, TA64 Celica and Bastos M3 I've bought in the last couple of months (& not started any!)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Windy37 said:

I m currently building their Safari Rally Toyota Celica TC Turbo , and have my eyes on their Lancia Delta S4 . Happy times for rally car modellers

The Quattro has landed at mine as well, the Lancia S4 is winging its way to me and there is the 6R4 and RS200 in the pipeline as well hopefully soon :) 

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Expensive times for rally car modellers too...!!

I totally agree Keith :) 

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:26, Redstaff said:

the Lancia S4 is winging its way to me

It has now officially landed :) 

I have also got the Tamiya 1/20 Red bull RB6 added to the stash as well now

Just waiting on a delivery of extra hours so I can crack on with them

Happy days

• Like 1

On 15/01/2019 at 20:34, Redstaff said:

Lancia Delta S4, has now officially landed :) 

Just got mine this morning. Puzzled by the fact that it has two centre body sections? One is packed with the front and rear sections, the other is packed seperately in its own bag with a note in Japanese saying something about cracks in the roof section. This one has also been squashed into the box leading to one corner being bent and cracked. I can't see any difference between the two sections, they look identical to me. I just wish they'd have put the note in proper English so I know why the inclusion of two body sections? Also a bit peeved that the front spotlamp units are missing/not included. They were a prominent part of the Monte Carlo version in '86. The lenses are there, just no spotlamp units themselves. Looks like a scratch build project, unless someone releases them in resin. At the price point, with the photo-etch parts and delivery pushing nearly £70, I'm a bit miffed to have to potentially spend extra on 'other' bits. In general though it's a beautifully presented kit and I'm pleased to have it in my hands after years of hoping, so hats off to Beemax/Aoshima for releasing it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Windy37 said:

Don’t be put off by the decals on the Corolla Rally Car . They are quite easy compared to some !

Gary .

Thanks Gary, its applying them to my suspect paint job that's the biggest issue, used the airbrush for the first time last week the primer went down great the paint though was like sandpaper, I think I was spraying too far away and dusting rather than putting a slightly thicker even coat down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Yes I have one. Plan is to make an Estate version.

I found someone while googling who had built it as an estate version and it looked really good.

Edited by dbostream