What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Talking of the General, I’ve recently taken delivery of MPC’s version. The Confederate flag is included despite the PC box art omission. However, unless you’re up for a challenge I would steer clear of this one as it’s typical of an old kit, ie. rough as a badger’s nether regions. T’is cheap though.

30810415167_b906bdbe67_o.jpg

Edited by Bill.B
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I'm sure I saw resin wheels of the right style for the General recently, but do you think I can remember where......:shrug:

Keith

There’s a fella who runs Fireball models in the States who does correct wheels. I bought some once but you don’t get much change out of 30 quid for a set once they’re sent to the UK

3 hours ago, Bill.B said:

Talking of the General, I’ve recently taken delivery of MPC’s version. The Confederate flag is included despite the PC box art omission. However, unless you’re up for a challenge I would steer clear of this one as it’s typical of an old kit, ie. rough as a badger’s nether regions. T’is cheap though.

30810415167_b906bdbe67_o.jpg

I still like it, I should really get some more ;) 

The Revell kit is far superior but this kit still builds up well and looks the part

21 hours ago, chrisrope said:

Looks ‘okay’ to me ;)

Looking at it it seems ok though the (UK)near side  may look ever so slightly thinner than the off side ( obviously the other way round in the US)

Viper ACR

Viper ACR

Viper ACR

Is this similar to yours ?

A bit hard to tell but I think yours looks similar to mine, the one on the last photo looks a bit wider (not only because it is closer to the camera) doesn't it? Turning the body upside down and looking from the inside I see the difference too. But as I said it is not a big issue.

Hi to all!

I'm looking forward to build a Tyrrel Ford P34 from Tameo.

At the present time I'm getting back in to the construction after more than 25 years of absence.

4694569a-ecd0-4c05-b278-412326617417.jpg

Happy building to all!

Regads

Miguel

Edited by Miguel Rivero
Trying to upload a picture!
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Miguel Rivero said:

Hi to all!

I'm looking forward to build a Tyrrel Ford P34 from Tameo.

At the present time I'm getting back in to the construction after more than 25 years of absence.

Happy building to all!

Regads

Miguel

:welcome: to the forums Miquel - it will be nice to see pictures of the finished Tyrell!

Keith 

Keith, I will, In the mean time I'm working in a Pocher, as soon as I can I will work on it.

I done a couple before, and I will share photos too.

Have nice day!

Edited by Miguel Rivero
Did nor finish correctly
  • Like 1

I'm sure I still have an Ertl metal Charger in a cupboard.

I refurbished it over twenty odd years ago as it was a swapmeet buy.

I was at Scampton then, so it just may be Red Arrows red.

If I get time this weekend, I'll see if I have any 'General' wheels in my spares box.

Last week I was in Home Bargains to buy some firelighters.

There was a Revell 2014 Mustang looking all lonely on a shelf.

Sigh....

• Like 1

Wife and daughter went to NY recently and I ended up with an AMT LT1 ZR1 corvette and a 69 Olds 442 W-30 that we don't get over here :)

Then my son hunted around and got me the iconic  Tamiya MP4/4 for my birthday, so very lucky and happy :) 

12 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Wife and daughter went to NY recently and I ended up with an AMT LT1 ZR1 corvette and a 69 Olds 442 W-30 that we don't get over here :)

Then my son hunted around and got me the iconic  Tamiya MP4/4 for my birthday, so very lucky and happy :) 

Nice.

🤔 Maybe we can have a MP4/4 GB next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andmarsh said:

Christine - wow i love that film

never knew they did a model of the car.....!!!

It is the AMT Plymouth Belvedere repackaged and moulded in not so great RED plastic. 

I got this one from Wheelspin models for £28 which was the cheapest price I could find. 

The good thing about this boxing is it is it has the correct number plates

Another e-bay 'win' from the weekend arrived today, an old Airfix TR7! For some reason I never got one of these when they were new, and as the only other one listed on e-bay in the UK was £81.99 & £4.99 p&p, this one was another 'bargain' at £28 all in! 

The lister did state it was minus it's decals (which I wouldn't have used ) & instructions - it's a pretty simple kit so that shouldn't be a real problem, but if anyone does have the kit & could do me a scan of them, I'd be grateful!

Keith

• Like 1

Picked these three up at Telford :

Model-T.jpg

Opel-GT.jpg

Soapy-sales.jpg

Pre-ordered the Model T from Hannants , so it cost me all of £13.50 , which seems a total bargain for a new-tool kit .  The other two I picked up from a trader who had a lot of AMT & MPC stuff he was selling at £19.99 a pop .  They seem to have got very expensive of late , so it was a nice surprise to get them at a reasonable price . 

• Like 2

From my dear wife for Christmas..........both in 1/24 th scale....

photo-th.jpg

And.......................

photo-th.jpg

Hi all,

Just happened to pass by Al's Hobbies near where I live, just looking for some RC stuff for a friend. This lovely lot were in the small model section. The shop must have a demonic presence as I was somehow compelled to buy them... The RG250 Gamma is gorgeous, the mouldings are close to todays kits and as a nice surprise, the RZ250/350 re-releases now have RD250/350 decals.

tumblr_pir1y0qggy1xxqk0so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pir1y0qggy1xxqk0so2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pir1y0qggy1xxqk0so3_1280.jpg

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi again,

Bagged these two on a trip to London. Very happy as the Ferrari 348 is my joint favourite Ferrari (along with the F355), the detail in the kit is excellent and comes with a full engine and superb photo-etched set. Shame Hasegawa didn't follow these with an F355 kit.

tumblr_pj25g0dSXx1xxqk0so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pj25g0dSXx1xxqk0so2_1280.jpg

Note to self: less buying and more building... All the best.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

You found a model shop in London? Wow! Where is it... or did you go to the remnants of Hannants at Hendon?...

I kid you not, they do exist (well at least two anyway). I got the Ferrari kits from Hannants by the RAF museum, they have a good range of cars/bikes and those Master Box ladies figurines everyone likes... The other one is AJ aviation in West Drayton, it's all military/civil aviation stuff but there are some bargains to be had. I picked up a Tamiya 1/48 F-117A stealth jet with a Hummer for £25.

All the best.