What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

8 hours ago, rs2man said:

Finally , I bought a 1/24 Heller Renault 8 Gordini

I'm trying my very best not to cave in & buy one of those before they go out of production and start fetching crazy prices on e-bay again. I'll probably crack in Telford!

It's actually been well over two months since I have bought anything to fess up to, mainly as I'm saving my pennies for the recently announced Belkits Ascona 400, RS200 and Metro 6R4 and the Beemax Peugeot 306 Maxi Kitcar. It could get expensive next year...!!

• Like 1

As a general rule, I use ZeroPaint grey primer and ZeroPaint colours, as I find these easy to use in my air-brush.

They also have a huge range of colours that you can choose from.

I also have used Tamiya Acrylics (the stuff in the little bottles) thinned with Mr Color Levelling thinners. That has produces pretty great  results as well.

I both cases, I have used ZeroPaint air-brush cleaner to clean the sir-brush.

Cheers, Alan.

I also use Tamiya acrylics in the airbrush, thinned with Tamiya's own x-20a thinner. I prime with Tamiya fine grey from the rattle can, or ZP primer like Alan. One thing: don't start using your airbrush for the first time on your model, but practice on something cheap first. 

6 hours ago, JeroenS said:

One thing: don't start using your airbrush for the first time on your model, but practice on something cheap first. 

I echo that. It just stops you form cocking up the model before you even get started...

It avoids having to strip the model if you do...

Cheers, Alan.

A week or so back I finally got an AMT 1/25 Ghostbusters II Ecto-1a :)

For everyones information, it was the listing on eBay for £25 best offer. 

I put in a cheeky offer of £20 which was accepted. Postage is free. 

The box is supposedly damaged but  I'm damned if I can find any apart from a slight dish to the lid on the cellophane. Once removed, the lid popped back up. 

• Like 1

3 FleaBay purchases at bargain prices; An Accurate Minitures ‘McLaren M8B’ (1/24), Eduard ProfiPACK ‘MiG-21R’ (1/48) and a Hasegawa ‘Charge Mazda 767B’ (1/24). That should while away a few months next year! 

• 2 weeks later...

I got this one for a "tenner" off the second-hand. It has "Revell 1960" stamped on the plastic somewhere so the kit predates me by about a decade.

43913759780_71122235ec_z.jpg

Should be fun because it arrived like this (don't worry I knew that before I bought it 😋): 

30791110327_d59c024ed9_z.jpg 

I'm not sure it's even complete but it will be a nice one to spend some time on every now and then. Happily, there's no paint on the plastic yet.

And I have this, which is one that I wanted to do since I first saw it. My aunt and uncle had one like this, back in the day. There were to home-made wooden seats in the back and us kids sat on those. Of course, this was not a problem at all in the seventies 🙂 

43913759530_c7e22a50e9_z.jpg

• Like 5

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Some new ones to squuueeeeeeeeeeze into the cupboard :) 

Toyota 86. Like the car, just haven't gotten to buying the kit, found one at a nice price 

resized_a07db0b7-3809-4db6-8f8b-f14714b6

Beemax Toyota 240RS BS110 + Detail up Set 

I recently got the Volvo 240 Turbo from Beemax and thought it might be lonely boarding in the cupboard all by itself :) 

resized_57208e33-a519-4055-b505-1135b9ff

Next we have the BMW 2002 Turbo from Hasegawa....

You just cant not buy a 2002 Turbo, I mean, it'd just be rude not too :) 

resized_c94e9e5f-5687-48b3-8210-5c30bbdb

And finally, quite a big moment for me really...

I have been after one of these kits for nigh on 15 years. Its been floating around the top of the wants list for an age, and Round 2 has just released them.

I know its not much of a kit, but it represents a win by knocking one of the impossible list :) 

resized_29417388-4532-4adf-bdab-b1dcb1e1

That's it, now off to do some creative packing in the cupboard...

Mad Steve

:poppy:

• Like 3

Picked up the Italeri 1/12 FIAT Abarth 695 SS last week, it looks really superb so far. Hope it builds up well.

Thinking about the colour scheme at the moment, I don't get on too well with white and the decals are only supplied in red so I may go with pale grey.

Atb, Steve.

• Like 2

Here’s my recent additions :)

The £20 Ecto 1a I’ve previously mentioned and slightly more expensive 69 Charger 

Car kits

Quickly followed by 

Revell Viper ACR

Tamiya Mini Cooper S

Revell Shelby GT500 and 68 Charger RT

Car kits

Got another Tamiya Mini and ‘Christine’ 58 Plymouth on the way ;)

Collecting a few nice car kits as a break from aircraft and camouflage paint schemes

• Like 5

@chrisrope I just got the Viper ACR too, out of curiosity is the right A pillar (looking from the front) slightly smaller on yours as well compared to the left one? Nothing some putty cannot fix though.

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

@chrisrope I just got the Viper ACR too, out of curiosity is the right A pillar (looking from the front) slightly smaller on yours as well compared to the left one? Nothing some putty cannot fix though.

Looks ‘okay’ to me ;)

Looking at it it seems ok though the (UK)near side  may look ever so slightly thinner than the off side ( obviously the other way round in the US)

Viper ACR

Viper ACR

Viper ACR

Is this similar to yours ?

Last week 'won' a Gunze 1/24 Lotus Elan on flea bay. I'd had one in the stash for years but sold it on a couple of years back & instantly regretted it. Have had an e-bay search running since but all the kits listed have had pretty high prices - then this one came up on a buy it now for £15 with free post - so I 'virtually' snatched the sellers hand off! The only other one listed at that time was for £59.99 with £9.99 postage!

Other recent buys from Spot Model in Spain have been the Beemax Portugal Rally TA64 Celica and Belkits Manta 400. Plus far too many bits, pieces and decal sheets to remember....

Sorry for the lack of pics but camera is playing up....

Keith

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JeroenS said:

There were to home-made wooden seats in the back and us kids sat on those. Of course, this was not a problem at all in the seventies 🙂 

My Dad did the same with an old (1956 vintage) Ford Thames van. Beautifully made upholstered wooden seats in the back. Even less of a problem in the '60s. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, chrisrope said:

In amongst the sheet is correct General Lee markings including licence plates

I'm sure I saw resin wheels of the right style for the General recently, but do you think I can remember where......:shrug:

Keith