What CAR/BIKE kits have you recently bought 2?

shood23

Not been adding much to stash of late for various reasons but old habits die hard. These have been accumulated over several months.

1/24

Tamiya 24132 Nissan Skyline 2 door coupe GTS 25t

Revell 07361 BMW Z1

Revell 07382 BMW Z8

Heller 80768 Citroen Fourgon Type H

Heller 80760 Citroen Mehari

Heller 80759 Renault 4 GTL

1/16

Heller 80795 Citroen DS 19 (60th Anniversary twin kit)

IMG_20161009_2110571.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up the new tamiya honda nsx, for my birthday last week.

DSC_0447.jpg

Stunning looking car,just need to find a source of valencia red pearl paint now.

Matt

Edited by S5 modeller
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, S5 modeller said:

Picked up the new tamiya honda nsx, for my birthday last week.

DSC_0447.jpg

Stunning looking car,just need to find a source of valencia red pearl paint now.

Matt

Get hold of steve at hiroboy.com they are mixing up an awful lot of new paints and taking suggestions for new ones 

Shaun 

Always love the Revellogram brand.
http://i68.tinypic.com/nvw361.jpg[/img

The Galaxie has lots of customising parts including of all things a SQUARE steering wheel!
2z9h8c5.jpg

The rx7 is nice.
24m5q3m.jpg

Just bought this for the 27litre/1400 ci V12!
14kwbph.jpg

Some paints.
10r8gtg.jpg

Hanomag/toys
24nhgtf.jpg

The van is nice.
2iaeo3b.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 10:54 AM, shood23 said:

Get hold of steve at hiroboy.com they are mixing up an awful lot of new paints and taking suggestions for new ones 

Shaun 

I looked on the hiroboy website, and followed their guidelines for checking the paint code, but it didn't show up on the paint database. 

Mind you, the paint codes I found are for an acura nsx. Would a European paint code differ?

Matt

3 hours ago, S5 modeller said:

I looked on the hiroboy website, and followed their guidelines for checking the paint code, but it didn't show up on the paint database. 

Mind you, the paint codes I found are for an acura nsx. Would a European paint code differ?

Matt

I'll speak to steve to see if they are working on it or if they can. 

Shaun

Edit: just got a reply. Honda don't have any nsx in the uk at this point so the paint code hasn't been put out yet but by early 2017 they should have it, if you can wait that long that is. 

Edited by shood23
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, shood23 said:

Shaun

Edit: just got a reply. Honda don't have any nsx in the uk at this point so the paint code hasn't been put out yet but by early 2017 they should have it, if you can wait that long that is. 

20 hours ago, shood23 said:

Shaun

Thanks for that Shaun. Not in an immediate rush to start it, but if I did, I could leave the bodywork till last.

I emailed Honda direct yesterday, but not had a response so far, your investigation may be wht.

Matt

2iaeo3b.jpg

The possibilities are endless with this one. I see a street machine tubbed out with a  small card table in the back with a couple of bench seats , a fridge or cooler with some beers and a lamp hanging over the table................Aaargh!!! There goes the neighborhood!!! I've gotta get one of these!!! lol

Seriously though....Cool kit

• Like 1

On 14/10/2016 at 1:31 PM, mustang1989 said:

Man that Capri kit looks AWESOME!!! I'd looove to have one of those in the stash!

The kit is dated 1979 and it has a 4 cylinder turbo of 2.3 litres.

Just bought the Tamiya Alfa 155 V6Ti Jaegermeister kit. What do you reckon that this description of the kit means? (Grin).
"DTM dedicated reproduction machine realistically Motor sports and involvement each other is deep German brewer, made ??Jaegermeister is the main sponsor, it is the machine which entered from shoe Bell Engineering of Germany to DTM (German Touring Car Championship). Hand is added greatly to racing from the body to the mechanism, the 2.5-liter V-6 engine that exerts 420 horsepower is mounted on the front, it also features was employed full-time 4WD in order to bring out the traction. And M. Bartels drive, which is also piloting experience of F1 machine, the final race of the 1994 season, at the Hockenheimring with the seventh place in the first race, a further 3-position by suppressing the Alfa Romeo 155V6TI force of the works team in the second race plays a prize, it was a lot of attention."

• Like 1

On 14-9-2016 at 1:13 PM, injidup said:

Sorry to hear about your failure Mike. Hope you have some more!

Thanks!

Just picked up a Revell 2014 Corvette Stingray, got it at half the price. The box had been opend but it stil had all the parts.

Picture's of this Corvette on my FB page soon.

And just orderd a Porsche Carrera GT from Tamiya. 

Both of these cars will be painted red...

Mike

• Like 1

Just picked up these today 

Tamiya ferrari f2001 full view. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do with this, full detail more so than the super detail set gives with maybe a half and half paint job 

120_Ferrari_F2001__Full_View__20054_7641

Then this fujimi porsche 94' lemans car. Maybe a nice addition for the 94' lemans dauer 962 in the higher class 

porschersrreviewih_box_zpsoa4d1vv9.jpg

Then something that is really not my sort of thing. A bburago jaguar e type metal kit, from the search I did before buying it it looks to be pretty well detailed but the pre painted Body is what puts me off alot of these metal kits as I will most probably strip it and start it over again but for a tenner I couldn't say no 

1585_zpsipl7iout.jpg

Shaun

The Burago E Type is actually pretty good for a cheapie kit.

Here's mine from a few years back (£5 kit from Modelzone closing down)

A bit of BMF around the windows, bonnet top edges and headlamps, some wires in the engine and paint on the interior and firewall.

It was a quickie build - a few evenings - but it looks nice.

Roy.

P1010006_zpszrppxspf.jpg

P1010002_zpsrmqq5csa.jpg

P1010001_zpskygvg5se.jpg

P1010005_zpseibv5lgx.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/7/2016 at 1:29 PM, rs2man said:

Like many others , I bought an Italeri Transit last week .  I've also ordered the 1/9 Manx Norton for collection at Telford . 

Good for you.

Eagle 1.
vcxs37.jpg

Some tins.
2ebyhxy.jpg