SR53 details for scribing upper wing panels - rare as hen's teeth!

mattWW21

Hi fellow modellers, hi from me in the land down under (i.e., Australia).

This is my 1st ever post and I'm not much of a computer wiz, so let's hope i don't embarrass myself or burn out your web site by pressing the wrong key!

I'm building the Ursus-made 1/72 scale SR53 (i.e., the Eastern block kit made from old AFX tooling) and want to add some scribed panel line details for the upper wing.

Do date, all my searching has failed to find a nice plan view of the upper wings which include the panel detail.

I've seen this detail in photo's taken at an obscure angle, so I know it exists!

So does anyone out there have such a drawing?

I also understand that the actual SR53 is on display at the Cosford air museum (but correct me if I'm wrong), so I would imagine that some enthusiastic modeller would have gone there and pleaded a case to allow access for the purpose of obtaining such details.

As I said in the title for this post- the detail seems as rare as hens teeth, but here's hoping!

• 1 month later...

Hi mattww21,

I am also in the land of Oz.. but have had the opportunity to visit Cosford on a couple of occasions and photographed the SR 53.. sen me an email and I'll see what I can help with!

Simon