Heller Alpha Jet of Portugal (Força Aérea Portuguesa), 1/72

Hello!

So my obsession of Alpha Jets has become quite large. I've got 3 in progress, alongside this (click here) which was one of the first models I'd done in a very long time. This time I decided to do a 'normal' military scheme of Portugal (as I'm working on an Asas de Portugal one too). The build was very simple, as is the norm of an Alpha Jet kit. I think the final look is pretty nice and I'm quite happy with the result - perhaps with the exception of the canopy but I guess I can fix that at a later date.

So here's just some nice shots. Please note I didn't have enough decals for the left hand side, so there is one missing. Bar the Portuguese specific markings the decals were also were pretty old and fell apart - but I'll sort that at some point.

29556690391_c19496eeae_c.jpg

29602872356_efda4e3e7b_c.jpg

29602876496_819cac81fe_c.jpg

And here's a shot from a model show it went to.

29556688861_375d350051_c.jpg

Edited by Lexicon
  • Like 10

Hi Lexicon,

That is a very nice Alpha and good to see it, thanks for sharing it with us.

I shall look forward to seeing your collection grow with new additions.

regards,

Zhizhou

• Like 1

Thanks all.

The decals I used were from Print Scale. If you buy the modern Airfix kits you have the non-country specific decals to use too.

The Print Scale decals aren't that expensive for what they are and I thought they were excellent quality. It pretty much offers all operators except France (who have their own set). After my current a ones are done I think a Thai (modern gray scheme) one is in order.

7218203.jpg

Edited by Lexicon
  • Like 1

In case anyone's curious I've put up my Asas de Portugal version in the WIP section. You can find it here. They actually used these camo versions for a while first (as per this example below). If you want to see my new build just view it here: Asas de Portugal

ap05_asas_de_portugal_003_wg.jpg

• Like 1