CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

Just now, hendie said:

it certainly looks like you are taming the beast Martian

Thanks Hendie, NMF aside, I think I have the kit on the run now. I will have a nice CF-104 in my collection come hell or high water.

Martian the Bloody Minded

• Like 3

How did I miss this one? I love your work with the flat white plastic bits - you need to tell me when you start a build, as apparently I'm not capable of finding these threads by myself.   :doh: 

The pit is looking fab, mate!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

How did I miss this one? I love your work with the flat white plastic bits - you need to tell me when you start a build, as apparently I'm not capable of finding these threads by myself.   :doh: 

The pit is looking fab, mate!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, for me a build never feels quite right until large amounts of white plastic start going into it. I shall heed your request and notify you the next time I start a thread.

Martian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hamden said:

Great engineering looking like a 104 now!

Roger

Thanks Roger, I think I am slowly getting there.

Martian

16 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Do you think this would help a Starfighter reach Mars?

Like something out of Thuderbirds or Captain Scarlet....

Tony

Thanks for posting that! This was on display at the Luftwaffe Museum Berlin-Gatow the last time I visited, and I thought it had to be a real wild ride.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

Lovely work! I just realised that this was the same kit that I hocked off along with many others to propitiate the Angry Household Goddess (The Boss) :crying: >sniffle< on the assumption (verified) that it would sell quickly.

At least I can see it being built (and the some), and by a Master, to boot :).

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:03, TheBaron said:

Do you think this would help a Starfighter reach Mars?

Like something out of Thuderbirds or Captain Scarlet....

Tony

It reminded me of the Bachem Natter, Thanks for sharing such a great video.

22 hours ago, AlexN said:

Lovely work! I just realised that this was the same kit that I hocked off along with many others to propitiate the Angry Household Goddess (The Boss) :crying: >sniffle< on the assumption (verified) that it would sell quickly.

At least I can see it being built (and the some), and by a Master, to boot :).

Cheers,

Alex.

Clearly you need to attend one of my courses in household disobedience! As to being built by a master, I think you have confused this with being built by a Martian!

Martian

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gary West said:

and slowly but surely she progresses........ :D  Lovely cockpit work

Thanks Gary, I do feel as if I am getting somewhere now. I have just finished sorting out the control surfaces for the wings. Pictures over the next day or so as the dreaded lurgy has been brought home by Mrs Martian which she has most generously shared with me. I thought it couldn't be contracted by a different species, clearly I was wrong! :puke:

Martian

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Boots now stock lurid green Night Nurse just for you.

What do I want that for? I am lurid green at the moment. Just don't let anyone tell you that Martian flu does not exist!

Martian

• Like 2

Right, as promised here are some pictures of the completed wings. I used the Daco parts for the wings and on the whole found that they worked fine. The only down side is that they are not quite a good enough fit to allow me to paint the wings separately and fit them at the end of the build. I have done the wings with the control surfaces deflected to ad a little more interest to them. The two white dots you can see on the top of the port wing are the result of a certain Muppet of this parish drilling the wrong parts for the under wing pylons!

Next up I think I need to think about fitting out the RAT bay and this leads me to my plea for help. I have good references for the turbine itself but nothing on the mechanism that extends it into the airflow. I can probably knock up something convincing but obviously would prefer to get this part of the build right.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

Looks to me like the RAT is bolted to the door.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ram+air+turbine+f+104&biw=1366&bih=618&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz5cz9_9LRAhVsBcAKHTxBAZ0QsAQIGQ

Hope this helps. I seem to have run out of likes BTW.

Oh, I have a modified Elephant gun that is good for Muppets. I'll FedEx it to you....

• Like 2

Thanks Pete you have just made life a lot easier! I'll pass on the elephant gun though, I'm not quite that ill at the moment!

Martian

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

1/ You're very welcome. Happy to help.

2/ I've just had it oiled. (The gun, that is)

3/ Get well soon or the ammunition will be out of date.

Are you aware that it is closed season on Martians?

Martian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

Good progress

Even with two up it's a sexy bit of gear!!

The Plane Martian not...............

Kev

Thanks Kev. Clearly you are not aware that I am considered quite a catch back home!

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Is it breeding season again? Dear God....

Ah well, Be vewy quiet I'm huntin' Wabbits!

Be vewy careful Elmer, your twak wecord with wabbits is not exactly 100%!

Martian

• Like 2