CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

St. Tropez? Jeez Louise....All apologies to your chosen home town Martin, but Poole has always struck me as a somewhat schizophrenic town, all 'hip' harbour-front and oligarch yacht-makers contrasting with the rather less-salubrious shopping precincts back near the railway station. Needless to say I'm more at home with less-salubrious than hip, though there is a posh deli somewhere along the harbour I recall that did/does excellent ginger-beer and oligarch-price sandwiches. Is that army surplus guy still running halfway down the high-street? He always seemed to have a decent range of odd-shaped kit bags that were great for fishing gear.

Tony

• Like 3

Yes Tony the chap is still there. I don't recall the deli but then I am far more at home in one of the pubs. :beer: No surprises there then!

Martian

• Like 4

Over the last few days I have been struggling to finish the hydraulic bay door/ control panel and quietly going insane in the process. :mental:Quiet those of you in the cheap seats!

All this has involved trying to get the tiniest pieces of rod, tube and detailing wire into what I assume are assorted valves and pumps. By the time I was finished today it is no exaggeration to say that I was beginning to shake and had a head ache coming on and I almost never get head aches. I then realised that the space I was trying to work in was about one by a half inch which might well have had something to do with it! The door is not 100% accurate but the main elements are there and there is not a snowflake's chance in Hell that I will be doing the door over again! :nono: Famous last words......

Note to self; should have not opened this area of the kit up! Will I ever learn? Probably not!

I just have few wires to add to the engine and I will be ready to move on to see what delights the main undercarriage bay hold for me. :unsure: Perhaps I will do something easier first like do some more on my SH-34 build. Hang on a minute! That's not really going to help at all is it? :doh:Perhaps I will just have a beer and a lay down in a dark room before I do anything else.

Anyway, here are the pictures, hopefully you will enjoy them and they will find favour with Caroline of Brunswick. :pray:

Thanks for looking

Martian von Wibble

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Well THAT is looking pretty damn great.

Excellent detail you're adding. 

John.

Thanks John but Looking at it now it looks a bit sloppy. Part of me says do it again and the rest of me says don't be so stupid. I wonder which part will win out? :stupid:

2 hours ago, longshanks said:

Think you've earned it perhaps even a second or.............

The detail is certainly lifting the build

Kev

Thanks Kev, am I really that transparent though? :cheers:

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Stunning detail as always with your builds, looking forward to more of the same!

Roger

Thanks Roger but as I said to John, I'm not overly happy with it. Its a question of whether I can face doing it again really. It would involve stripping the paned back to the original kit parts. :hmmm:Logic says I need saving from myself here, lest I turn into Hendie!

Martian

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, perdu said:

No Martian, leave the blimmin thing alone

If you try to redo it, it ainta gonna look as good the second time

You might be right Bill. I really should not have opened the thing up in the first place. Its just that I had this Daco book in my grubby little mitts and, well you know how it is.....

Martian

• Like 4

I know how it is

Did ye happen to see that big sign by the door as you trooped in?

ABANDON SENSE ALL YE  WHO ENTER HERE

I know it applies here where I am, I expect it is just as accurate over there on Mars

But honestly, yours looks as fine a hatch as I've ever seen

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, perdu said:

ABANDON SENSE ALL YE  WHO ENTER HERE

Well, I would argue that I did that the moment I entered this world but failing that I certainly did so when I joined BM. What is really worrying is that I took to BM as a duck to water!

Martian

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

hopefully you will enjoy them and they will find favour with Caroline of Brunswick

Simply :gobsmacked:and :clap2:. Consider me suitably awestruck.

Now. As the clincher - tell us what all those parts are and what they do! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Simply :gobsmacked:and :clap2:. Consider me suitably awestruck.

Now. As the clincher - tell us what all those parts are and what they do! :winkgrin:

Thank you Baroness, All I know is that they are part of the hydraulic system. In this case I am one of those people who are quite happy to model these things but have absolutely no idea how they work!

Great picture Jari and an interesting variation on the colour of the hatch. However t still leaves me feeling less than happy with my work. Can I face another nervy over the thing though?

Martian (bordering on insanity)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I think Bill's right. Don't go fiddling with the bloody thing. 

Yes but what about the model? Fnar fnar.

Martian

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Looking at the latest ref pic I think perhaps a little more gizmology is needed, not quite cluttered enough.

Sorry but you did ask

Kev

I think you might be right. I shall sleep on it. Well, more likely doze off and have nightmares about it.

Martian

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Oh dear Lord. Friday Night at the Palladium....:doh:

We like our seaside humour here on Mars as well, even though our oceans froze over mllions of years ago.

Martian

• Like 1

It is as it has to be, your choice but I find that the right amount (as on there) can very quickly lose out to scale size effect

And I have endless years of having to come to terms with THAT

Should I talk Scout engineering?

nooo - I dont think so

• Like 1