CF-104D Starfighter 1/48 Hasegawa

Martian

13 minutes ago, S5 modeller said:

Nice update Martin. The detailing work is coming along nicely. 

Thanks Matt.

24 minutes ago, Patrick Martin said:

I will be there

PM

Hopefully I will see you there. I presume you are on the Wingman stand?

Martian

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Smart work Martin. Enjoying seeing those structures develop.

Thanks Baron, doing the structures is one of my favourite bits.

Martian

6 hours ago, hendie said:

shaping up nicely Martian, tho' I have to ask.... what are the chances of the H34 making an appearance again in the near future?

Thanks Hendie.

The chances are excellent of both the Tracker and the H34 returning in the near future. As soon as I get my Telford stuff finished in fact  (why do we put ourselves through this every year?). My modelling over the past nine months or so has been severely impacted by massive building and redecorating at home and at times I have not even been able to get at my modelling room as it has been used as a store and all my books are still in storage. In fact the next major job is to get those books, all 1000+ of them back home and on their new shelves.

Martian

• Like 2

Apologies for the lack of an update today guys, I have been struggling with the fibromyalgia for the last few days. I might be able to get something done overnight.

On a more positive front the CF-104 book arrived today so I can at least get on with trying to sort out some of the subtle differences on the CF-104D.

Martian 

Thanks John, glad you are liking the build. Don't worry about the fibromyalgia, its always there to some degree or other but sometimes you get a really bad flare up which pretty much puts the kybosh on anything you want t do. It will pass in due course though. The book arriving did cheer me up a bit though. The Daco arts arriving would cheer me up some more as I have been holding back a bit pending their arrival but then I admit that is me being impatient. :frantic:

Martian

• Like 1

What's he waffling on about now? I hear you ask. Well, with the fibromyalgia cramping my style, I got so peed off that I managed to force it to one side long enough to manage a short fettle on the CF-104D. For some reason fitting the recess for the arrestor hook had been bothering me so I decided to get it out of the way. The rear bulkhead of the engine bay had to have a recess cut into it to allow the part to fit and the part itself had to have some filing to fit the recess in the kit's lower fuselage. I was also very careful to glue the part to the port fuselage half otherwise it would have prevented the fuselage from closing up.

Not much I know but this left me pretty wiped out, however at least I beat the Fibromyalgia for an hour or so.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Any update is better than no update mate. Just googled fybromyalgia, and it sounds like a right pain.

Glad to see it hasn't impeded you too much though. 

Keep up the good work, and take your time. It's not a race to get it done.

Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim T said:

I am sorry to hear that the move to Martian hasn't freed you of those pesky Earth health issues!

As ever, the work is exemplary!

Thanks Tim. not to worry I have brought some pretty unpleasant Mars illnesses with me.

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

It's amazing what a little fetteling can do for the soul. Keep it up Mart, the more you fettle the less likely it is to fall off. :o The Modelling that is.:lol: great update. 

Take care.

Johnny Fettle:hobbyhorse:

Thanks John, the fibromyalgia will die down a bit but pain is not conducive to quality modelling.

Martian 

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Tim. not to worry I have brought some pretty unpleasant Mars illnesses with me.

Thanks John, the fibromyalgia will die down a bit but pain is not conducive to quality modelling.

Martian 

:( just take it easy boss. 

Johnny.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you are suffering Martin but at least it has not stopped the great build of the 104 !

Hope you feel better soon.

Keep up the good work.

Guy

• Like 1

Hmm, Martian, just found out from the NHS Website that I have several fibromyalgia symptoms without having fibromyalgia.  In my case, it must be an age thing.  Trust you are feeling better.

Cheers,

Dennis

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

:( just take it easy boss. 

Johnny.

Not much choice Johnny.

1 hour ago, F4u said:

Sorry to hear that you are suffering Martin but at least it has not stopped the great build of the 104 !

Hope you feel better soon.

Keep up the good work.

Guy

John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) was right when he said that anger is an energy, it can be turned to positive use sometimes.

46 minutes ago, DMC said:

Hmm, Martian, just found out from the NHS Website that I have several fibromyalgia symptoms without having fibromyalgia.  In my case, it must be an age thing.  Trust you are feeling better.

Cheers,

Dennis

Worth checking with your GP if you have had the symptoms for a long time. There is currently no cure for the condition but at least some pain relief could be put in place.

Martian

Did someone mention Mr Lydon..? "Burn Hollywood Burrrrrrrrnnnn". :)

I know, but for me its a great tune. :)

Get fixed Martin.

• Like 1

Some nice work going on there. Sorry to hear about the fibro myalgia stuff going on. My wife occasionally  suffers from something similar and it's not good. Hope it gets better. 

Finally though I am off to the museum this weekend with camera in hand, that's right the museum just down the road! Any area in particular you need looking at?

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks Bob, If the cockpit is open, some shots of the top and sides of the ejector seat would help. I am trying to figure out where all that netting to restrain the pilot's arms goes when not in use so that it will not catch on anything. I am also trying to work out how the drogue chute is stowed.

I have begun work on the seats  and hope to have something for you in the next day or so.

Martian

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Good link you can't beat a bit of PIL!

Martian

Or indeed some Pils! :cheers:

Hands-up who didn't salivate listening to that?

:hmmm:Thought as much....

• Like 2