Vought XF5U-1 Flying Flapjack

Martian

Lovely job Martin "weird is wonderful" it was great following you with this project it really does look nice.

:goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1

You have made a great job of that Martin. :goodjob:

Thank you Sir, you are too kind. Seriously the quality of the kit and the uniqueness of the subject made things a lot easier for me.

Epic.

I wouldn't go that far but I did enjoy the build and the fact that it was a birthday present from Gill made me try a little bit harder.

Martian

• Like 1

I've little interest, normally in US Naval aviation

But you Martian old bean may have awakened a slight nautical gene hiding behind my usually RAF/AAC facade

We shall see…

In the mean time there's this madly magnificent beastie

I have enjoyed watching you "make it so" through all its little foibles with your own life's problems to be dealt with

A journey of great pleasure for us I can assure you

The props were a tour de force, magnificent

Thank you sir, for the ride

• Like 1

She's a stunner. That blue is really quite alluring. It's been a pleasure watching this beautiful odd ball come together.

Thanks Martin. :D

John.

Thanks John, it has, as always been a pleasure to share the build with you guys.

I've little interest, normally in US Naval aviation

But you Martian old bean may have awakened a slight nautical gene hiding behind my usually RAF/AAC facade

We shall see…

In the mean time there's this madly magnificent beastie

I have enjoyed watching you "make it so" through all its little foibles with your own life's problems to be dealt with

A journey of great pleasure for us I can assure you

The props were a tour de force, magnificent

Thank you sir, for the ride

Cheers Perdu, I don't normally do US Navy myself but how could I overlook this crazy looking beastie?

Theres no mystery how this plane got its name,its weird and odd but I like it,Nicely done. :goodjob:

Thank you kindly, the weirder the better as far as I am concerned.

Superb build and finish,great to see something as rare as this posted. :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve, something as mad as this was never going to escape my attention for very long!

Martian

• Like 1

Great job on the old beast Martin....shame it never made it into production, but then again maybe best it didn't....

You really must do one of these next....open at your own peril !

http://www.hexapolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Stipa-Caproni.jpg

Actually making it into production would have been very restricting for What-If? fans world-wide. That's a great result Martian and I think the weathering is about right. At the time the USN kept their aircraft very clean.

The Good General's suggestion is rather bonkers on a whole new level....

• Like 2

Interesting and very well done!

Thank you Roberto.

Great job on the old beast Martin....shame it never made it into production, but then again maybe best it didn't....

You really must do one of these next....open at your own peril !

http://www.hexapolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Stipa-Caproni.jpg

Thanks General, you really are a naughty general, tempting me with attractive projects like that!

Actually making it into production would have been very restricting for What-If? fans world-wide. That's a great result Martian and I think the weathering is about right. At the time the USN kept their aircraft very clean.

The Good General's suggestion is rather bonkers on a whole new level....

Thanks Nick. The General's suggestion is no less than what I would expect from him or, if I am honest, myself either!

An absolute beaut Martin, it's been great seeing it come together over time. I can't help wondering what kind of a radar profile it would have had?

Thanks, as for the radar profile, I suspect that it would have been slightly better than the good General's suggestion!

Martian

• Like 1