Mig 15

PhilChris

Good evening all,

While i am home for a few days, I am planning my next build and my eyes fell on the Tamiya Mig 15 1/48, there lost in the stash... Between dozens of WWII models....! Now I have received some of Vallejo new metal colors and I really want to have a go with them. So I decided that my winter built should include those paints... But I have no info on the Mig 15... So, :guitar: HELP!!!!

How many examples do you want ???? (lineup at Xiaotangshan, Beijing)......

day02_009.jpg

When new they were coated in a clear laquer - so there was some variation in tones.....

day01_004.jpg

But after a service/repair, they were painted with a laquer that contained a silver pigment - so a dull aluminium is what you need - like this MiG-19/J-6

day02_002.jpg

Ken

day02_009.jpg

When new they were coated in a clear laquer - so there was some variation in tones.....

day01_004.jpg

But after a service/repair, they were painted with a laquer that contained a silver pigment - so a dull aluminium is what you need - like this MiG-19/J-6

day02_002.jpg

Ken

Thank you Flankerman, I am also looking for some details such as wheel wells, airbrake fairings, etc..

Christophe

The e net has all the things you are looking for, just look for some walkarounds.

If you are after printed version of the MiG-15 one of the best books was by the Czech 4+Publishing.

The Tamiya kit is not bad but it is a bit old, still a good starting point till someone will do a proper 48th scale kit.

Best regards

Gabor

day02_009.jpg

day01_004.jpg

day02_002.jpg

Ken

I love the China Aviation Museum! I used to go there twice a year when I lived in Beijing. They have some great aircraft, and great historically significent aircraft. Add in that the museum was a fighter base during the cold war and it is brilliant.

The museum includes vehicles, radars, AAA, AAM, transports, uniforms, helicopters and it is all there!

Sorry for the thread hijack. There are lots of photos available of MiG 15s from there, including "North Korean aces" aircraft from the Korean War, complete with victory stars. Their descriptive placards seem a little sparse but are actually rather comprehensive, especially for those of us who know a lot about the aircraft and history.

Really worth going to if you ever get to Beijing!

DennisTheBear