2nd Tempest Mk.V JN 754 1/32 Special Hobby

Great job on the Special Hooby Tempest V.Your paint and weathering are spectacular. I am especially impressed because I am doing this kit right now, and find that it is one of the most ill-fitting kits that I've ever done. You are to be congratulated on getting things to fit so well. This kit is fighting me at every turn, but it is together now and is almost ready for paint. for me, the part that fought me the most is the completed cockpit that has to fit precisely between the main landing gear wells; if the cockpit is assembled just a tad bit wide, it will not fit. Also, I had a lot of trouble getting the wing to line up at the wing roots...the fuselage seemed a bit wide and imparted a dihedral on the wing, which, of course, is incorrect. It took a lot of sanding and super glue to get the wing mounted...what a chore. Perhaps all of my troubles were self-induced, and the kit is fine...I do not know. Seeing your magnificent effort tells me that the kit is spectacular whn completed (so I'll carry on with mine). Congratulations on a super job.

Now I am finishing fourth Tempest. I built two Mk.V and two Mk.II. I build everything from test frames. I had absolutely no problem.

Everything fits, and I can prove it with photos. It's quite a difficult model to build and can not work tude methods, but exactly as directed.

Cheers

Miloslav

PS Sorry for my English

P1210415_zpsofxfk7wo.jpg

P1210439_zpswseoria3.jpg

P1210448_zpsnme8tckb.jpg

P1210454_zpsfayzjaeh.jpg

P1210457_zpswzszdwvs.jpg

P1210459_zpszzyvt1x4.jpg

P1210465_zpsjaziyuuf.jpg

P1210477_zpsypwgf8hx.jpg

P1210485_zpsxy9wyzky.jpg

Edited by Miloslav 1956
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well, you got the front faces of the u/c bays on right which is more than I managed!  By the way, the inner gear door retraction jacks won't survive long.  Ask me how I know.  I ended up drilling the cyclinders & inserting brass rod replacement Pistons in situ.