1/72 SAAB J 32B Lansen

Orso

j32b_17.jpg

Heller Lansen kit with the fighter conversion from Maestro Hobby.

j32b_13.jpg

j32b_12.jpg

The target towing equipment is scratch built.

j32b_14.jpg

j32b_16.jpg

The target tugs started out with the day glo checker pattern but it changed later.

j32b_18.jpg

So I have to build an second one.

Building of it: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235007648-saab-j-32b-lansen-target-tug/

Edited by Orso
Photobucket
  • Like 16

Well done Orso, another brilliant target tug build. Is this built from the old but excellent Heller kit ?. Your models answer many of the questions that I have regarding the operation of the towing gear and add to my "To Do " list.

Keep them coming, Trev.

Hi Björn,

Superb work, both on the kit as well on the scratch built target towing equipment! Very interesting piece of aviation history. I like the markings as well. The Lansen is civilian registered - were they operated by a company?

Jay

That's a superb build.Target tugs never seem to get much of a look in,though they always seem provide interesting and unusual variations on some well known,and some not so well known aircraft.The towing winch is a kit in itself! Magnificent.

Hi Bjorn,

The model is a nice interesting change as target towing aircraft seem to be a bit neglected which is a shame as they perform essential unsung work for a combat air force. It also increased my knowledge as the target towing gear is magnicent and the Lansen ain't bad either. Skal Bjorn :goodjob:

albamac(Frustrated Norseman) :viking: