F-4J(UK) Decal art work progress.......Still need help ASAP!

Gentlemen,

I am almost done with the decal art work for 74 Sqn's F-4J(UK) aircraft, but I still need a little help and am running out of time.

One, does anyone know the specs (dimensions) of the identification letters used on the rudders? I want to make sure what I have is correct.

Two, does anyone have good, close up photos of any of the stencils applied to the F-4J(UK) aircraft, especially the wing walk way markings?

Three, does anyone know the font used for, or have good close up photos of the aircrew names applied the port side of the canopy frames?

Four, does anyone know the sizes of the tiger heads applied to the aircraft (approximate height and width), as well as the diameter of the disk on the tail?

Here is my rendition of the tiger head based on a high resolution photo sent to me of the marking applied to the F-4J at Duxford. Let me know what you think.

Dave

Graphic1_zpseeb6n8kf.jpg

You might get some idea if you can get hold of a copy (or scan ) of the Linewrights' book on the F-4J(UK): my copy is presently inaccessible but I think there are some photos showing crew names and individual names applied to three airframes. You should also be able to scale the Tiger emblem from the photos or the Modeldecal sheet.

Dave

I have Aeroguide no. 25 which is specific to the RAF Tiger Squadron Phantom. Lots of photos in both black and white and colour. As for stencils on the wing walk area there does not seem to be any and no walkway lines either. In fact the only stenciling I can see from the photos is around the cockpit with the typical ejection seat triangles and other small stencils.

I was only able to see one set of crew names. On serial ZE351 "India" the crew is CAPT PARK and FL/LT. MARKS. Also on the other photos it seem that the crew names are only on the port side.

I will send you message.

Cheers

Chris

One thing i would be careful with is the colour for the Tiger head and the stripes, in some pics they look orange in other brown? also the stripe are trainer yellow maybe not bright yellow as most sheet have done them.

Thank you to all that provided information and sent photos! The decal art has been completed and turned over to the company that commissioned it. Unfortunately, I can't show images at this time. However, images of the sheet and/or announcement of it should be made right around the middle of November.

Dave

• Like 1