Seaking HC4 Hasegawa 1/48 Westland Conversion

What a wonderful model,well painted and put together and a fantastic setting,its a joy to behold. :wow: :wow: and again :wow: Dont listen to naysayers its fantastic.

Thanks Celt for those remarks very nice. Getting dizzy watching the Wows.

On the naysayers not worried. I had awful trouble trying to sort out the conversion form Sikorsky to Westland.

But not worried if it is a bit out. I do however feel that, for instance in the build topic, that some info was thrown in

an arrogant contemptuous dismissive way. That did not seem to me to be in the spirit of the model making fraternity.

Always feel that a gripe at ten to one in the early morning does you good.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

Excellent build and a lovely looking model well done. The setting is very evocative and reminds of the time my wife and I were walking in a secluded Glenn on the island of Arran when two of these landed to put down a group of fully camouflaged marines who run off and disappeared. Meanwhile the helicopters nipped off at treetop height, leaving us in silence wondering just what had happened.

• Like 1

Excellent build and a lovely looking model well done. The setting is very evocative and reminds of the time my wife and I were walking in a secluded Glenn on the island of Arran when two of these landed to put down a group of fully camouflaged marines who run off and disappeared. Meanwhile the helicopters nipped off at treetop height, leaving us in silence wondering just what had happened.

Thanks Bear Paw for your comments.

Nice when a model reminds you of an incident.

When young I saw, near Chessington World of Adventure (then a Zoo), I saw a Tempest after a Doodle Bug (V1).

I have to some time build a Tempest. Just that reminder.

Laurie

• Like 1

On the naysayers not worried. I had awful trouble trying to sort out the conversion form Sikorsky to Westland.

But not worried if it is a bit out. I do however feel that, for instance in the build topic, that some info was thrown in

an arrogant contemptuous dismissive way. That did not seem to me to be in the spirit of the model making fraternity.

Laurie

Well said and I've said my bit off line with you Laurie.

Technically brilliant superb paint finished you got that washed out dust covered look just right ....need some oil stains though (noted through my experience..if its not leaking then your in trouble!!! Obviously just had clops carried out and its just got in the field.Lol

You seem to have an extensive model room there mate ...would mind a look at that Apache is it an AW or a boeing version?

• Like 1

Laurie

Well said and I've said my bit off line with you Laurie.

Technically brilliant superb paint finished you got that washed out dust covered look just right ....need some oil stains though (noted through my experience..if its not leaking then your in trouble!!! Obviously just had clops carried out and its just got in the field.Lol

You seem to have an extensive model room there mate ...would mind a look at that Apache is it an AW or a boeing version?

Thanks Dave for you nice comments.

Always a difficult thing Dave. at least for me. How far to go when to stop. For instance probably went a bit heavy with the dust on the screen. Likewise I was a bit light on the exaust. Not sure about oil stains. Sure they are there, as you say, but not prominent or seen on all the photos I have looked at during the build.

Your wish is my command Squadron Leader. One Apache.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994274-apache-helicopter-completed-148-hasagawa-british-conversion/?hl=%2Bapache+%2Blaurie#entry2209642

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

Great result Laurie, brought to life by the dio and backdrop.

Having just read your WIP, I have to say that I agree with your assessment that "some info was thrown in an arrogant contemptuous dismissive way." I hope the poster(s) were attempting to be helpful, but the posts in question certainly didn't seem supportive!

Well done again on a great-looking model.

• Like 1

Great result Laurie, brought to life by the dio and backdrop.

Having just read your WIP, I have to say that I agree with your assessment that "some info was thrown in an arrogant contemptuous dismissive way." I hope the poster(s) were attempting to be helpful, but the posts in question certainly didn't seem supportive!

Well done again on a great-looking model.

Thanks Alpha for your kind remarks much appreciated.

On the other thing history seems to point to a pedantry tendency. But never mind.

Laurie

• 9 months later...