A Basset from the attic

Beagle Basset CC Mk.1

26 Sqn, RAF Wyton, 1969

I recently had a session of removing older stuff from the attic for photographing in the summer sun, and this was one of them. I built this back in 1997 and apart from some very yellowed decals it seems to have stood up quite well.

I seem to remember replacing the fin with a plasticard one due to the Airfix original being under nourished towards the tip. Much sanding down of rivets and rescribing also come to mind.

Anyway it was nice to see it again

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20107.jpg

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20101.jpg

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20102.jpg

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20103.jpg

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20104.jpg

MODELS%20Sept%202016%20105.jpg

• Like 44

That looks fantastic. For such a diminutive aeroplane it could easily pass as 1/48th. I got mine from Kitstarter but I know it's not going to turn out anything like as nice as this - sob, sniff.

Lovely model , the airplane is so attractive to stare at :)

When I took up modelling last year , one thing that has surprised/disappointed me a lot is the lack of any modern good kits of subject like this - beechcraft , cessna's etc . We have dozens of spitfires and bf109's yet attractive airplanes like this which will brighten up any display case are left wanting !

That's lovely! Looks like you added a bit onto the nose also.

Stick it on a sunny window sill for a couple of weeks or more and the decal film yellowing should bleach out. Then varnish them in.

ATB
Rick

When I took up modelling last year , one thing that has surprised/disappointed me a lot is the lack of any modern good kits of subject like this - beechcraft , cessna's etc . We have dozens of spitfires and bf109's yet attractive airplanes like this which will brighten up any display case are left wanting !

Agreed! It's difficult to find all those common planes that grace our local airfields; those that do exist in kit form are more than often resin ad/or very limited run.

It would be nice to have a good selection of single- and twin-engine aeroplanes in 72nd scale...

My local airfield holds a yearly airshow with some current air force visitors (usually French AF and Belgian AF), some warbirds and local flying schools. What a nice diorama idea it is... :winkgrin:

Nice.

Brings back memories...

Way back in 1976 on my Airframe Mech course at RAF Halton,

One of these needed moving, I got volunteered to sit in it on the

brakes while everyone else had to push!

(For enquiring minds, there was a chrome lever like a handbrake)

• Like 1