Revell Star Wars Kits

Madmonk

19 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

That new tool 1:72 Y-Wing is a weird choice- they already have the Fine Molds version to sell in that scale. Perhaps this one is cheaper to produce...

I don't care just so long as I can procure several...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

i do not think it is the old one - this one can open the canopy it seems. IIRC the old one had this as one piece

The original snap Y-Wing did have an opening canopy- pretty useless since the clear plastic window piece pretty much filled the cockpit.

That was an OK kit if you added a lot of plumbing yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Michaelvk said:

For £3 to £4 more you can get the vastly superior, though less playable, Bandai Y-wing.

However the rerelease of the classic large scale AT-AT and Imperial shuttle is great news..

The re-released ATAT is not going to be made available here in the US market.

18 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Damn that Y-Wing is gopping!  :shutup:

I hadn't looked until now, but you're right. It is. Especially at £29 a pop (the same price as their snap-fit SD).

Its release seems to have pushed the prices of the Bandai ones up on Amazon though. All the other 72nd scale kits seem to be between £16-£20 and the Y-Wings are starting at £28.43 since the release of the Revell one.

I just bought the little level 3 1/110 Tie fighter and the 1/52 Snowspeeder. The tie fighter is really nice , some great detail and its only a tiny bit smaller than the Finemolds/bandai one. The Snowspeeder is also very nice.I think with some paint on them they will look superb , and a six quid each , you cant really go wrong!

• Like 1

On 18.11.2016 at 9:49 PM, gunpowder17 said:

I just bought the little level 3 1/110 Tie fighter and the 1/52 Snowspeeder. The tie fighter is really nice , some great detail and its only a tiny bit smaller than the Finemolds/bandai one. The Snowspeeder is also very nice.I think with some paint on them they will look superb , and a six quid each , you cant really go wrong!

The Revell TIE Interceptor is in fact so close in scale to the FM/Bandai regarding cockpit size and so good in detail, that I refused to order the Bandai TIE Interceptor. Do not get me wrong - the Bandai seems to be nicer - but just not that much that felt the urge to buy it till now ;-)

Heard on another forum that Revell have confirmed that their large ISD due for release in April will be a re-box of the Zvezda one due out in Russia next month.:thumbsup2:

• Like 2

On 11/18/2016 at 8:49 PM, gunpowder17 said:

Agree with you 100% on the Snowspeeder. This was mine brush-painted with the speedbrake cut open and detailed.

I must try the Tie-Fighter next!

(sorry for the thread-creep)

Dermot

Revell_Star_Wars_Snowspeeder_Plastic_Mod

Edited by Dermo245
  • Like 1