Simple entry level diorama.

Hello everyone,

There's really not much to this diorama except that it's a first for me.

I wanted to represent US military technology at its best. I chose the Abrams for obvious reasons and out of the so many jets, I chose the F-117 because it was the first of its kind, quite unique, and well, they had it at the shop......

The NIghtHawk was originally black but some were painted grey and one of them nicknamed the "GreyDragon" so something like that model did exist. I went for grey to make it more visible, too.

You will notice the lack of detail. It was intentional for two reasons, 1) I wanted to give it that mysterious anonymous sci-fi-ish look, and 2) my finishing and weathering skills are in-existent so I don't want to compete at that level.

In the end I liked it very much and it's decorating the kitchen table were I work quite nicely.

CIMG2290.jpg

CIMG2291.jpg

CIMG2292.jpg

CIMG2293.jpg

CIMG2294.jpg

CIMG2295.jpgCIMG2296.jpg

CIMG2297.jpg

CIMG2298.jpg

CIMG2299.jpg

I hope you like!

Edited by AlbertoYagi
  • Like 7

Now you've completed this, and have it as a 'banker' you can make another one and have a go at weathering. There's plenty of videos on the web, and lots of WIPs on here that you can learn from. Even the most simple techniques will add realism to your models. Give it a go.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Now you've completed this, and have it as a 'banker' you can make another one and have a go at weathering. There's plenty of videos on the web, and lots of WIPs on here that you can learn from. Even the most simple techniques will add realism to your models. Give it a go.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hello Badder,

I'll get to the weathering when the time comes... I'm also interested in shading but I'm just having fun now with my skill level : )

• Like 1