Skunk Models 1/48 R-11 US/NATO Fuel Truck

Mart

Hello

This is my first post, I have been viewing this forum for a few years and have found the information very helpful.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, I am looking to start the Skunkworks R11 fuel truck, the kit looks great, the only issue I have is the painting instructions, they state dark green. I have been through my paint collection and cannot decide what shade to go for, I have also done some internet searches for US Airforce ground equipment and colours, so far I have found the following paints.

FS34086 XF62, Humbrol 66.

FS34052 XF13, Humbrol 116

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt216/mdwastell/R11%20Fuel%20Truck/skunk_62001_title_zpsyvkoxgtf.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt216/mdwastell/R11%20Fuel%20Truck/130718-F-KN424-001_zpsuf7uo83t.jpg

Edited by Mart
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this truck and I think Skunk Models for releasing it. I have done a Google search and the only schemes I can find are the boring olive drab ones. I did find some desert tank ones and even a mix with the cab olive drab and the tank in desert tan. The Taiwanese army also uses these trucks but they are green too.

Personally I think these schemes are pretty blah so I am going to do mine in NATO tri camo. The only other think that bugs me about the kit are the tires with the lack of thread. I am even thinking of somehow doing a 3D drawing and get it done by 3D printing it. Have not started that as yet though.

Cheers

Chris