Canon 750d or Nikon D5300

Flipper

As the title goes what one would you recommend.

I previously had a Nikon D3100 several years ago, but I found out on holiday that it didn't bounce very well.

I'm now in the market for another DSLR in the £500-600ish, if not these two what others would you recommend.

I wouldn't buy the Canon with the hope it bounces better, as they don't. I know.

But in all seriousness, both cameras are as good as the user, just go and test one out at a camera shop, Jessops if you have one by you.. I would go for the Canon as I am a Canon man, but if I didn't have to much cash into my camera gear like I do now and I was starting out fresh, I'd be tempted by the Nikon.

• Like 1

I have a Canon, so would be biased with the answer, others who have Nikon would probably be the same.

Theire are so many good DSLR's out there now it's best to get them in your hands and try out.

Do some research on the internet and go from there is the best advice I can give sorry.

Edit: Radleigh beat me too it, also I have Canon lenses so really I'm stuck with that Brand, but if starting again Nikon do look good at the moment

Whichever one makes you happpy. Or fits your hand. Or gets out of your way so that you can work. Or has the lenses and accessories that you require. Or whatever combination of those that you like. :)

In other words, pick one. Both are good at their level. Personally, I'm a Nikon guy because I prefer their engineering style over Canon's. But either is a good tool (and that's ALL that a camera is, a tool.)

Cheers guys I've given myself a sore head, looking up cameras today, as you all say it goes down to personal taste by the looks of it, and brand loyalty, like PlayStation vs Xbox.

So in saying that I think I've answered my own question, so I'm likely to stay with Nikon, as I have some stuff left over from when I had the D3100.

I've now been looking at the D5500 which is probably the utter limit for my price range. Jessops are doing a good deal on it, so now on with what might be an impossible task, trying to persuade SWMBO to let me buy a new camera, bear in mind this is 2 months after she left me buy a new Sparmax compressor and airbrush mmmmmm.

Nikon D5300. I have one with an 18-200 lens, absolutely brilliant once you've got it set up to suit your photography. One hint, I keep the .jpgs set to Medium, or about 12MP, rather than the Large (24MP!), which just makes files that are unusuably big.

I tend to do the same as I find the lower spec zooms can't match the sensor for resolution. I do go back to 24mp when using my 50mm prime lens though as it's much sharper. 35mm next :)

Nikon D5300. I have one with an 18-200 lens, absolutely brilliant once you've got it set up to suit your photography. One hint, I keep the .jpgs set to Medium, or about 12MP, rather than the Large (24MP!), which just makes files that are unusuably big.

Somehow it just doesn't seem right buying a N MP camera and then only using 1/2N MP......

Also, shooting RAW gives a lot more control over how the image turns out.

Peter

• 1 month later...

I have the D5500.

I like the lightness and the deeper grip  plus the screen is ace & the D5500 book by Jon Sparks is a big help.

• 2 weeks later...