1/72 Aichi M6A1-K “Nanzan” (Seiran Kai), Tamiya

Good day, dear colleagues!

When I have no special inspiration, I do such "recreational" model. Painting is primitive. The prototype was released just in two copies. More or less glorious history was only at the main - float version. To my surprise, this plastic appeared not in the best condition, especially the canopy bubble. Apparently mold worn out. But still it can be recommended for beginners.

Made riveting, salt effect and zapping, pulled the antenna cable. Painted Tamiya and Alclad. All special marks made with stencil.

A5TXb.jpg

YvRsK.jpg
WUBqi.jpg
Yl4qC.jpg
I45OT.jpg
uQYif.jpg
p7mQW.jpg
OUBVx.jpg
IbUyq.jpg
5VoWO.jpg
Z5Bzf.jpg
ZewT2.jpg
MmfZW.jpg
gIEzT.jpg
Vq7fE.jpg
5RxlK.jpg
cqM8s.jpg
  • Like 33

Very nice as usual Fuad, the Aotake is really eye catching when you flip this Aichi over! I love your presentations, over and above your excellent modelling. The weathering you used on this model is very nice, and seems to enlarge the scale appearance with the finesse you apply it with. Very fine.

I see you had the same issues I did with the canopy, I wish I could find a mask set to make it easier to paint, if not fit.

Cheers,

Very nice build, lovely work on the weathering.

I like how you gave variation to the orange colour scheme, did you use the salt technique to get that weathered effect?

Rich

Thank you, guys, for your comments.

I'm not made a photo shoot of assembly and painting process, because I don't see anything remarkable in this assembly "from the box". I used standard "salt technology", riveting and sharpening the edges.

• Like 1

What is the zapping technique you mention?

This is because Google has translated, and I have not checked))). Zapping is mean "burnout". That is, painting the upper surfaces of the aircraft with more lighter tone of paint.