Italeri HH-1N Huey VXE-6 Antarctic Developement Squadron Six...

heloman1

OK, guys, two of my choices have gone out of the window, this after a little discussion with Aaron. I'm not dissapointed as I haven't built a navy bird in a long while.

So this is the plan. Italeri UH-1N kit in the above mentioed units markings with an overall International Orange (not day-glo) paint job. Some of the decals will have to come from the spares box/stash but I'm not short on Heuy sheets.

As the ubiquitous box art...

005crre_zpsv8rq2r2t.jpg

The parts and my one reference pic...

006crre_zpsonodrd2o.jpg

The Pongo cab is one of those that lost out...

Anyway, I started earlier this pm, cutting parts off the sprues and cleaning up ejector pin marks and soem flash. So. two cut fingers from an ever so sharp new scalpel blade, so this should be a good build.

I'll plod on this eve and post some progress pics tomorrow.

This is going to be a out of the box build, something I find difficult to accomplish. So don't all get excited!!!

Colin

• Like 5

This is going to be a out of the box build.

Colin

I keep trying to tell myself that every time I open the box.

Look forward to the updates.

Would you like me to delete your original thread?

Cheers

Aaron

I have this kit as well, :popcorn: using it as a reference for the scratch building in the back end of my Hasegawa build.

I have a AM sheet somewhere but not sure if it has N model options.... Might even do the USN/USMC option on the kit sheet.

I shouldn't jump the gun, go to finish my RAAF build first

OK guys, I got some basic assembly done yesterday and then this eve I had a Google re markings. I couldn't find anything near the markings onth epic I have fro AFM mag. However I'll go with that as it was my original reference.

I rubbed off all the rivet detail as it looked way to exagurated for 72nd scale. No I'm not going to replace them with AM rivets...

For those of you who keep shouting Day-glo, the US forces do not use day-glo that prefer International Orange FS12197, available in the Model Master range but also from Humbrol.

Pics to follow tomorrow when I may have good light.

Colin

• Like 2

Great subject Colin,......I`d have gone for a Kiwi or RAAF bird myself, especuially the nice Arctic Orange RNZAF birds,.....but the one you have chosen is a stunner too and should look brilliant so good luck mate,

Cheers

Tony

OK, guys, I'm going to have to put my build on the back burner for the next month. I've 20 odd days in which to finish my AC Ace for a contest up in Kimberley. If I don't get it finished I'll have egg on my face and not for the first time. I'll post some pics in the vehicle section.

Cheers.

Colin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well guys, I got the AC finished but only asa curbside model! Now I've decided to downsiize my home. So today I have the movers in packing my belongings (moved the stash myself on Sunday). I move tomorrow, so I apologise in advance for lack of posts over the next week. I do however still have the build in front of me.

Colin

Good luck with the move Colin. 

Hope it went well.  I see you took the wise decision of moving your own stash. I was in nervous sweats when I had help moving mine, and that was only from the modelling room to the loft! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, the move went well but I only unpacked my cave on Thursday. Unless it rains and I'm stuck indoors for the next few days, I'm in danger of non-completion...

Colin

Ok, despite the upper fuselage and he cabib side not wanting to match up, i've pulled it and pushed it all together. I'll try soem paint this arvie and then look for the decals... Watch this space, I haven't given up yet.

Colin

• Like 1

Well, I've pushed and pulled and lost the decals and then looked for alternatives but hey, I think this kit has been sent to try me. So if you don't mind before I tare my hiar out, i'm going to bow out gracefully, Sorry to dissapoint you all.

Colin

PS. Moving house and trying to continue a GB are not conducive to each other...

• Like 1