Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-43-II Hayabusa ('Oscar')

Dear all,

Just completed this one yesterday evening.

I'm showing on the thread mainly as an example where some ideas/techniques don't come out as well as hoped for.

As I have mentioned before, all my models are entirely brush painted and built OOB. This is not normally a problem for me but I decided to try out mottled camoflage using my brushes. Unfortunately, the result has not come out that well - a shame as the kit itself is excellent and everything fits together nicely. I now regret that I did not stick to painting in one of the other solid colour schemes. I now recognise brush painting has it's limitations. I'll stick with more straightforward colour schemes in future. Still, without trying you never know ...........

Therefore, by no means perfect and I have made a couple of mistake here and there. The only thing I am really happy about is the paint chipping effect.

By all means, I welcome constructive feedback and any advice on brush painting camoflage mottling.

Regards

Dave

006_zpsc26fqepi.jpg

005_zpspiqatrgd.jpg

004_zpswulqpcq8.jpg

003_zpspaxe1mxv.jpg

002_zpsu6kiyhrt.jpg

• Like 11

Really nice Oscar there Dave, a lot of the Japanese schemes were applied `in the field` so it probably isn`t a million miles away from the real thing

• Like 1

Epeeman that is one fine looking Oscar, being a oscar fans myself i say the camo is pretty good, not that i am trying to impress you however it pretty good, those Japanese at forward sentai group with brush and don't think they have all the proper tools and look pretty good, Good work mate!!